6

The Ghost in the Manhole

 

Nickhun’s POV

Yesterday was so fun! Whoo! I thought Wooyoung would not like what we did yesterday but he was a really cool and down to earth person. He does not easily judge people and we get along well, one of the characteristics that I like about him.

Sunday, I overslept again. I remembered that we have a trip today. If we arrived late then we will be left by the bus. What if I arrived at 7:01, is it already considered late?

Enough soliloquy, I tried to move my feet towards the bathroom. I am really weird especially when I just woke up. I closed my eyes while waiting for the tub to get full. When the tub was already full, I immediately went in which was a wrong move by the way, because the water was so cold. Damn, I forgot to turn on the heater.

After a couple of minutes, I went out of the bathroom shaking because the water was really cold. After a cold shower, my tongue got burnt by the soup my mother just cooked. Asih! This is not my day.

I was known for always being late. I claim it. That is why I was wondering why I was already at school at 5:30 in the morning. See, I can also be punctual. I roamed my eyes around the campus; hmmm this is how the school looks like in the morning when there are only a few people around. The silence is very calming.

After begging my father last night, he finally let me borrowed his camera. During my last birthday I was asking him to give me a camera or a guitar.

(Flashback)

Father: What do you want on your birthday…a camera or a guitar?

Me: Can I have both?

Father: No

Me: I’ll just settle for the guitar

Father: Are you sure with that?

Me: Of course! I’m fine with the guitar.

(End of flashback)

I chose the guitar because that was the time when I really wanted to know the chords of a particular song for Victoria. But after a long time of practicing the song on my guitar, she suddenly disappeared. Now I feel regret why I didn’t chose the camera. And now my guitar has been a decoration in my room.

I have a feeling that this educational tour would be really fun so I borrowed my father’s camera. Every time that there are events like this, I always make sure to bring a camera. I will admit it, I am a vain person. I love taking pictures of myself anywhere I go. Wait. I feel that I forgot to bring something, but what is it?

After a while, the quadrangle was already crowded. We were then instructed to fall in line. Then the teachers instructed as on the dos and don’ts. Then after that me and my classmates rushed into the bus and looked for a good seat.

I really like my section, because we don’t get bored with one another during the travel. When we try not to laugh, one minute later someone will crack a joke and we will all laugh. Even the driver of the bus, he could not help but laugh with us. And since he was laughing with us, we took the opportunity and suggested if he can turn on the bus’s karaoke.

And that is what happened. They were grabbing the microphone from each other. They are like piranhas that haven’t eaten for a week. I could not help but notice that some of them were out of tune, especially Junho! He really feels the song that he is singing. I noticed suddenly that the skies are turning dark and I think it’s going to rain. Hahaha, just kidding.

“Nickhun you should sing too!”

“Bwoh?! I don’t sing sir!” I said. I was just pretending because I really want it when people force you to do things. When I was with Wooyoung last time, we went into this karaoke booth and Wooyoung’s jaw dropped when he heard me sing. He said he didn’t expect that I know how to sing. That’s just how Wooyoung is. He does not believe easily. If you would not print screen the conversation he would not believe and if you do not show him he will also not believe you.

I was holding the microphone while scanning the song book. I am really not in the mood to sing. Then someone suggested a song. I stopped scanning the song book and I remembered something suddenly. This is my song for Victoria. When I was practicing singing this song, I was staring at her picture then suddenly I feel like I am dreaming. And I was wishing that I would not wake up from that dream because if we wake up, we can’t go back to it again. But what I was dreaming of turned into a nightmare when she all of a sudden left me there hanging. I don’t know why she did it because I know that she loves me. We had no way of communicating with one another. I was sad at her decision but I have no right to be mad. I love her but does she love me, did she even love me?

“Yah! Just sing!” Junho woke me up from my train of thoughts when he suddenly threw a paper at me. “If you don’t like what he suggested then just sing ‘God game you’” He said, then I was thinking again.

(Flashback)

Karaoke booth. Saturday.

Wooyoung: Nickhun, sing this song ‘God Gave Me You’

Me: I don’t want to and besides I don’t know that song/

Wooyoung: Please! Your voice is beautiful just follow the tempo of the instrumentals!

Me: I don’t want to.

Wooyoung: Please?...Mr. Awesome? This is my favorite song.

Me: There you go. Good thing you called me awesome. Ok give me the number combination.

(End of flashback)

I really don’t know the song, but I just sang it. I thought Wooyoung would laugh at me but he just sat there quietly listening to me. After singing he looks like he is about to cry. I smile at him when he thanked me for singing the song.

So that is the song I sang for my classmates, then suddenly Junho butted in.

“Yah, your voice is not even close to good!”

“Talk to the hand” I placed my hand in front of him.

The travel to our destination is not that long but some of my classmates are already asleep. So I thought of something fun to do! I removed the flash of my camera and I took stolen shots of them while they are sleeping. I was laughing really hard at Minho’s stolen shot. His mouth was wide open! I walked a little further when I saw one of my classmates talking in her sleep. It was so funny! I continued walking when I saw one of my classmates that look like he was having some trouble.

“Are you ok?” I asked him

“Stomach hurts” He said

“Just control it for a little more, we are almost there” I told him

When we arrived at our destination he runs towards the door to go to the comfort room. Then one of my classmates said “Where is he going? Is he that excited?”

The other sections also started going out from their bus. It is not forbidden to talk with other students from the other sections. It was not hard to see Wooyoung because he was the only person who was not walking. I observed him carefully from where he was standing. He looks like he was in a bad mood. I almost laughed when I found out the reason why. He stepped on a poop! What a way to start your morning!

I approached the poor Wooyoung and pretended that I didn’t know anything.

“Wooyoung, are you okay? You look like you steeped on a poop just by the way you look.” I

“Duh!”

“Oh, why are you angry? I was just asking.” I replied

“I know you are teasing me. You knew that I stepped on some and you still asked me!”

“I was concerned and that is not teasing, this is teasing!” I brought my camera out and took a picture of him!

“Yah! You animal! Delete that! I am not playing around with you!” He was turning red because of embarrassment.

“Yah, you called me an animal? Try saying ‘Mr. Awesome please delete that picture’ I might just believe you and delete this.”

“Mr. Awesome please delete it okay? Please have mercy on me!” Wooyoung said. I knew something fun will happen today

“Ok I will delete it but just one more picture. Just do a wacky pose.” When I told him that he really got mad. He got his phone and dialed a number.

“Hello..Junho? Please come here I am being bullied by this animal!”

I suddenly became nervous. I forgot that he is friends with Junho. I took a picture of him for the last time before I run away.

“Yah!” He shouted at me.

After the tour, we went back to our bus. When I entered the bus I saw Junho looking agrily at me. I think Wooyoung really did tell Junho that I was bullying him. Good thing though I remembered that I bought some fries on the way going to the bus. I handed him my fries so that he will not get mad anymore.

“Junho, do you want some?” I asked him. I know this is his favorite. Even if this are dirty he would still eat it.

“Is this clean?” He asked me

“Will I give it to you if it’s dirty?” After a few seconds he threw the fries at me

“I don’t trust that look on your face!” Wow, he has a really good instincts.

“If you don’t want then its fine, you know there are a lot of children who are hungry.”

“So you gave it to me because you think I’m hungry?!”

“Isn’t it obvious?” He gave me the dirty finger when I told him that. I just laughed at him.

I was really exhausted when I arrive at home. My mother was in the kitchen and my father was watching something while Chansung was…what is he doing? He didn’t notice that I was standing just behind him.

“Yah, what is that?” Chansung was really surprised.

“Hyung! You are already there.” I could see that he is hiding something behind.

“What are you hiding from me?”

“Uhmm your phone?” I knew it I forgot something. I grabbed my phone from him.

“Did you read my messages?”

“I just played some games, I promise. I didn’t reply to your Huswife!” He vene raised his right hand but I knew he read it. Maybe if I haven’t arrived he already sent the message that he composed. Good thing though all my contacts are in code names. I think he does not know that, that Huswife is Wooyoung.

“Don’t ever do it again Chansung.”

“I’m sorry hyung. I just asked Wooyoung hyung why he’s mad at you.” My eyes widened at what Chansung said. How did he know that it was Wooyoung? .

“How did you know it’s Wooyoung?” I asked him while reading my messages

“I asked him. I also asked him why he’s mad at you and said…”

“You even asked him?!” Aish, Chansung, really…he just made Wooyoung even more mad.

“Ok Chansung I will let this pass this time okay? I will sleep now because I am really tired.”

It was 4 in the afternoon when I woke up. I smell something good! I went out of my room to find out where the smell is coming from. The mouthwatering smell was coming from the kitchen and I was surprised to see my father cooking.

“Appa, you cook?” I asked him

“Of course I cook.” He told me and gave me some of what he’s cooking.

After eating I went to my room again and opened my computer to check on my Facebook account. I am going to upload some pictures taken during our trip. I took a lot of pictures and everything was really funny. While scanning through the pictures I thought of a goal to take a picture of Wooyoung smiling, I think he does not know that he looks really cute when he smiles.

I was waiting for the pictures to upload when suddenly Wooyoung chat me. I’m no longer surprise.

Wooyoung: >:(

Me: Good evening too ^^

Wooyoung: What did I do wrong to you?

Me: You did something wrong to me

Wooyoung: Then tell me! What the hell is it?

Me: You are not smiling in any pictures in your album

Wooyoung: WTF?! It’s not your problem anymore!

Me: I have no response

Wooyoung: Yah!

Me: This conversation is making me sleepy. You should rest too. Good luck tomorrow!

I just ignored Wooyoung. I am sure he’s turning red right now because of anger. I posted something first before I logged out. This goes to Wooyoung.

You smile, I smile :)