4

.ferris wheel.

Get ready for a long chapter ; u ;

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Over the past weeks, they have been good for Xiumin. The BlackJack carnival, after receiving many good reviews, they extended their stay. However, Xiumin wasn’t able to go and visit Mr. Green bear as often as before. He was too busy being lovey dovey with his new boyfriend, Sanghoon.

Sanghoon was able to win Xiumin over with gifts and sweet words. Xiumin forgave Sanghoon for all his wrongs; of course Sanghoon is human and all humans make mistakes. For Chen, he despised his step-brother greatly. He still didn’t like the way his step-brother was messing up Xiumin’s feelings.

“Did you write the note yet Chen?”

Chen was currently sitting at his desk writing another love note to Xiumin. Unlike his step-brother, he did have feelings for Xiumin. When it started, he didn’t know. Maybe it was when he saw him working on an in class assignment and how he found it adorable when he stuck his tongue out whenever he was thinking. Or it could be when Xiumin would puff his cheeks when he disliked something about his art piece when they are in art class. It could be when Xiumin would tilt his head in confusion with he doesn’t understand what the teaching is lecturing about.

“Y-yeah…almost done.”

Chen looked at the note. Every note the Chen wrote to Xiumin always came from his heart. He could even memorize with no problem. He hated it when he had to give the notes to Sanghoon.

“Here.” He said darkly was he gave the note to Sanghoon.

“And thank you dear step-brother.” Sanghoon chuckled and left Chen’s room.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin skipped happily to his locker this morning. He didn’t get bullied as often like before and more people start to talk to him since Sanghoon appeared to be nice and sweet to Xiumin.

“Good morning.”

Xiumin turned knowing who’s voice that belonged to.

“Morning.”

Sanghoon smiled and leaned to give Xiumin a kiss on the cheek. “And here is my daily dose of love. I wrote this morning before I came to school.” He handed Xiumin the love note.

“T-Thank you.” Xiumin tucked the note in his notebook. ‘I’ll read it later during my study hall period.”

Sanghoon nodded; Xiumin closed his locker and Sanghoon took his hand into his. He intertwined their fingers together and he walked Xiumin to his first class.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

During lunch, Sanghoon told Xiumin that he would be meeting up with his club members. Xiumin nodded and placed a kiss on his cheek. With that he skipped off to the courtyard.

Sanghoon smirked and walked to the cafeteria and sat with his friends and his step-brother.

“Ah, Sanghoon…finally…” His blonde friend said as he high-fived him.

Chen grumbled.

“Really Sanghoon,” His other friend spoke. “When are you going to…you know break it off and make Xiumin miserable?”

“Patience Jeongshin. Patience.”

“Well,…my patience is getting thin. Seriously man…when are you gunna break it off? I hate being nice to him. He is a loser.”

Chen clenched his fist. He wanted to punch them all in the face, run to Xiumin, and tell him all about this. But he knows how his step-brother and his friends are far more stronger than he was. How he wished that he was strong enough to beat them up.

“Don’t worry…tonight we are going to that BlackJack carnival.”

“What?! A carnival?” Jeongshin exclaimed. “Super lame dude.”

“I’ll take him to the carnival, slip this in his drink,” Sanghoon took out some pills from his jacket pocket making Chen stare with wide eyes. “And he will get sleepy…very…sleepy.”

“Oh…I get it.” Jeongshin smirked while Sanghoon nodded.

“Have some nightly activites and with a few click click’s of the camera, and they will be posted in the web. Embarrassing that loser.”

“Sanghoon!” Chen interrupted him. “You can’t be serious! That…that…that is just horrible! Don’t do that!”

The rest of the table laughed and scoffed at Chen.

“I’m serious Sanghoon stop this! Xiumin doesn’t deserve that!”

Sanghoon chuckled; he stood up and snapped his fingers telling his friends to follow him. They left the cafeteria; Chen jogged to catch up. They were all now in an empty hallway.

“Sanghoon…please.”

Sanghoon grabbed Chen by the collar and slammed him against the locker. He leaned in.

“I swear Chen…if you tell anyone…you are dead. Got it?” He hissed.

“B-but Sanghoon --” Chen was unable to finish his sentence for he was slammed against the lockers again.

“Damn it Chen! I swear…” Sanghoon’s eyes were dark. All Chen could do was nod.

“Good.” He released him and him and his friends left Chen in the middle of the empty hallway.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin and Sanghoon entered the carnival with their hands intertwined. They went on a few rides and played a few games. Sanghoon was able to win Xiumin an alpaca doll and a stuffed deer toy. Sadly, Xiumin was unable to see Mr. Green bear around. He was looking forward to introduce Sanghoon to Mr. Green bear. But maybe next time.

Sanghoon suggested to get a drink for Xiumin with intentions of putting his plan into action, but Xiumin wasn’t thirsty yet.

“Oh okay then.” Sanghoon said, but was secretly irritated.

“Hey, lets go there!” Xiumin pointed at the Ferris wheel.

“There?” Sanghoon sighed and turned to look at Xiumin who was pouting at him. “Fine.” He said with a smile. “You are just too adorable you know what?”

Xiumin blushed and tugged him along. It was quite a long line so they had to wait. Once they were next, Xiumin stepped in and sat on the seat. Sanghoon was about to get in when a familiar green bear pushed him; people around them gasped.

“Hey!” Sanghoon growled at the green bear.

“What are you doing?!” Xiumin said; he was shocked when the guy in the green bear suit pushed his boyfriend out of the way and entered in the seat of the Ferris wheel.

“Hey I said get --” Xiumin was gently pushed back in his seat by the green bear; the green bear then turned to the guy who was operating the Ferris wheel to turn it on.

They started to move. Xiumin looked over his seat to call out his boyfriend who was deeply angry. Xiumin puffed his cheeks in anger; he turned to the green bear before him to give him a piece of his mind when his expression changed to a shock one.

“C-Chen?”

Chen was holding onto his costume’s head piece.

“Erm, hi.”

“You…you were Mr. Green bear this whole time?!”

“Y-yeah, I was.”

“Wha…you work for the carnival?”

“Just part time…they needed some help so I took the job.”

Xiumin shook his head. This whole time when he was with Mr. Green bear, he was talking to Chen from school. He glanced at him.

“Why did you push my boyfriend out of the way?”

“Look, Xiumin --”

“That was mean and…and rude! Why did do you do that!?”

“Xiumin --”

The Ferris wheel stopped, making Xiumin and Chen’s seat at the top. Xiumin looked over his seat, ignoring Chen, to try and see if he could spot his boyfriend on the ground.

“Xiumin!” Chen yelled making Xiumin look up.

“What!?” He yelled back, with his cheeks still puffed up.

“Please…leave Sanghoon.”

Xiumin raised his eye brow.

“What? What are you talking about? Why would I do that?”

“My step-brother is playing you Xiumin!”

“Y-your step-brother?”

Chen nodded. “Sanghoon is my step-brother…and he isn’t a nice person Xiumin. He is going to hurt you!”

“What are you talking about? Why would Sanghoon hurt me? He is my boyfriend -- "

“No! He is lying to you!!” Chen proceeded to tell about Sanghoon’s real intention. Xiumin sat there shocked. Was Sanghoon really going to do that to him. Was Xiumin stupid for falling into his tricks? He should have known better. But, what if Chen was lying? What if Chen was making it all up? Maybe Chen hated his step-brother and would do anything to make him look bad.

“Xiumin.”

Xiumin looked up, breaking from his thoughts. He stared at Chen.

“Please believe me. I’m the one that likes you. For real!”

Xiumin was shocked. Did he just hear that correctly?

“You…what?”

“Those notes…those flowers that Sanghoon gave you…were all done by me, not him. I wrote those notes from my heart. I picked those flowers specially for you.”

Xiumin looked down at his lap.

‘Why would he say that…I know Sanghoon chose those flowers for me and he wrote the notes from his heart. Chen is probably lying.’

“Xiumin, please…I…Oh! Okay here is proof. The note…Sanghoon gave you a note right?”

Xiumin nodded. He read it during his study hall period and he had to admit, it was romantic that he felt that he was going to faint. He read it so many times to the point where he can recite it.

“Well,…I wrote it…and I know every word that I wrote. I can even recite it for you. If Sanghoon said that he wrote it with his heart in it, then he will be able to remember what he wrote. Ask him!”

Chen carefully walked over to sit next to Xiumin; he grabbed his hands and pleaded.

“You have to believe me. I’m the one not him.”

“Um,” Xiumin was taken back by what Chen said. “I…--”

Before they knew it, their ride was over. Sanghoon stomped over and grabbed a hold of Xiumin’s wrist. He glanced at the green bear, only to be surprised to see Chen.

“Chen?!”

Sanghoon was shocked, but his stare turned dark. He leaned over to Chen and whispered in a dark tone.

“When you get home…you will be sorry.”

Sanghoon turned to Xiumin. “Lets go my princess.” He tugged harshly on Xiumin’s wrist. Xiumin took a glance at a pleading Chen.

“W-wait” Xiumin said as he tried to pry Sanghoon’s hand off his wrist.

“What?!” Sanghoon said with an irritated voice.

“Um,” He looked down on the ground. People were now staring at the commotion. “The note you gave me this morning. I-I lost it after school…and…um…I liked it so much, and so, can you recite it to me again?”

“Now? Why?”

“I just want to hear it again. Can you recite it to me? Since it can from your heart, it shouldn’t be a problem.” Xiumin was testing him; he wanted to prove that Chen is wrong, that Sanghoon is a sweet guy.

“I don’t remember, there were lots of notes that I gave you! I can’t memorize every single note that I give you!”

“You told me that you wrote it this morning before you came to school! Surely you remember!”

“I don’t remember! Who cares?! It‘s just a stupid note!“

Everyone gasped; Xiumin stared at Sanghoon. Was Chen right?

“The bouquet that you gave me…the first gift…what were the flowers.” Just one more test. It wasn’t that long ago, it was only a couple of weeks.

“Easy. Purple hyacinth and um, gardenia.”

“You told me their meanings…what was it?” Xiumin held his breath.

“Um…” Sanghoon was losing; he tried his best to remember their meaning. “They meant…um, generosity and eternal love.” He said with pride.

Xiumin’s heart fell. Chen was right? Sanghoon was unable to give the correct answer to him and he said that everything came from his heart.

“You played me. Chen was right. What you were doing was just a joke!”

Sanghoon shot a glare at Chen, who glared back.

“You…son of a !” Xiumin slapped Sanghoon across the face. “I hate you!” Xiumin turned to Chen and gave him sad face.

“I’m sorry for not believing in you.” Xiumin threw the prizes that Sanghoon won for him at him and started to walk off. The people stood silent, unsure what they were supposed to do next.

“You,” Sanghoon glared at Chen. “You ruined everything!” Sanghoon ran towards Chen and jumped on him. He started to throw punches at him. “I’ll make you pay! Liked I promise! Say bye bye Chen!”

A lady screamed and Xiumin turned. His eyes went wide and saw Sanghoon beating up his step-brother. He ran over and tried his best to pull of Sanghoon off, only to be pushed back. It took a couple of men to pry Sanghoon off. Someone called the police to hurry and come to the BlackJack carnival immediately; soon, the police came, took Sanghoon away for causing problems in the public and the medic came to help bandage Chen.The people eventually dispersed; Xiumin rushed over and saw Chen being laid on a bench; he felt utterly bad for him. Once Chen was done being cared for, Xiumin walked over.

“Chen.”

Chen looked up and smiled. He tried his best to sit up; he patted a seat on the bench motioning for him to come over. Xiumin sat next to him and sighed.

“I’m sorry…I should have believed you. I should’ve known better too…”

Xiumin wiped his tears away with his hand. "I really should've known. This was Sanghoon after all…I shouldn't have fell for his…his joke."

Chen tried to comfort him. He wrapped his his arm around Xiumin's shoulder; he placed his hand on his head and pushed it down so it was resting on his shoulder.

"It's…It's okay. At least he didn't do anything to you. R-right?"

Xiumin sighed. "That's true."

Chen continued to comfort Xiumin to the best he can.

"Um," Both looked up to see Hyesun. "You guys okay? I heard what happened and I wanted to make sure you guys were okay."

"We're fine." Xiumin tried his best to smile.

"You need anything? Water?" Hyesun asked, but both refused, saying that they were fine. "All right. Be safe going home. And get well Chen." She said as she patted his shoulder. With that she left the both of them, returning back to her work. It was silent between them; Xiumin checked his watch.

"I…I should go." Xiumin stood up from the bench. "I'll…um see you around I guess."

"W-wait." Chen stood up only to be brought back down on the bench. Sanghoon's punches were strong. "Ow…" Chen groaned as he held his stomach.

Xiumin sat back down, placing his hand on Chen's shoulder. "You shouldn't move you know."

"S-sorry."

That sat there for a while, watching the people walk around and going on rides, playing games, doing what they are supposed to be doing at a carnival. Xiumin thought back what Chen told him.

'Chen said that he wrote those notes himself…from his heart and he remembers every word.' Xiumin glanced at Chen.

"Um, Chen." Chen turned to face Xiumin.

"Yeah?"

"You said that you could recite the note that you wrote this morning." Chen nodded. "Then recite it."

Chen smiled and recited the note that he wrote to Xiumin. To his surprise, Chen was able to recite every single word of that note, but Xiumin wanted to try one more test.

"The flowers…the purple hyacinth and the gardenia. What are their meanings? Surely you remember right? Since you picked them put yourself and all."

"I do. The purple hyacinth, its meaning is 'I'm sorry, forgive me' while the gardenia means 'I love you in secret'."

Xiumin was speechless. 'So he wasn't lying. Hew remembers everything.'

"My," Chen coughed to clear this throat. "Um, my mom…was a florist before she past away --"

"I'm so sorry." Chen shook his head.

"Its fine…I'm fine now…um, my mom was a florist and she would always tell me about the language of flowers. Their meaning…their symbols, all that stuff."

Xiumin nodded.

"So I memorized most of the flowers. Crazy I know." Chen chuckled. Xiumin said nothing, but smiled.

It was silent once more between them. The sounds of laughter and the operating rides could be heard. Chen stood up from the bench.

"W-Where are you going? Sit back down!" Xiumin tried to bring back Chen to sit down, but he refused.

"Stay here for a minute okay. I'll be right back." Chen wobbled away, while Xiumin sat there confused. He waited for Chen to return, checking his watch. It was getting late and it started to get dark. He hasn't called his uncle yet; he prayed that Lay didn't called the police to report a missing child. Xiumin looked up to see Chen coming back with something behind his back.

"What's that?" Xiumin asked as he tried to see what Chen was hiding. With that, Chen whipped out a large bouquet of camellia flowers, ranging from pink, red, and white.

Xiumin blushed. "Wha-what?"

It was Chen's turn to blush; for the past weeks, he was arranging a large bouquet of camellia flowers for Xiumin. He was going to send it anonymously, but he decided to give it to Xiumin now.

"T-these are for you. Um…they are camellia flowers."

Chen handed the bouquet to Xiumin, who gladly accepted the gift.

"The white ones…that is the one you gave me right? From that one time?"

Chen nodded. "Yeah, when I also gave you the steam bun plushie." He chuckled. "The white camellia means 'you're adorable'."

Xiumin turned red; he tried his best to hide his blush against the large bouquet. Chen started to chuckle and brought his hand up to bring down the bouquet so he could see Xiumin's redden cheeks. He pointed at the pink camellia.

"That one means…'longing for you'." He then pointed at the red camellia. "R-red means…'you are a flame in my h-heart'."

Xiumin's heart started to beat. The gifts that Chen gave him were all too sweet and the way that he said it, it made Xiumin feel warm inside. To him, it felt that he was telling the truth.

"I love you." A blushing Xiumin looked up at Chen, surprised at what he has said. "I really do." Chen grabbed Xiumin's hand. "If you would let me…I would treat you like a queen, no scratch that, like an empress." Chen started to stutter in his words. "I would like to take you out some time…um…that is if you would let me."

Xiumin just stared back. He was speechless, but a part of him wanted to give Chen a chance. He thought back, Mr. Green bear was Chen all along. He was the one that gave him the balloons, the plushie, the flower, and even a dance for him, even though he made a fool out of himself, Chen didn't care. It was his way of wanting Xiumin to smile. And it worked. He smiled and nodded.

"I…I would like that." Xiumin said softly.

Chen immediately looked up. "S-seriously?" He gave a smile.

Xiumin nodded and hugged his bouquet of camellias. "Very much."

Chen was filled with joy and he let his actions speak for itself. He leaned forward to Xiumin's face and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips. Realizing what he has done, he quickly pulled back.

"I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't have done that! Um..I, uh…I got too excited and -- "

"Chen."

Chen looked at Xiumin nervously; he hoped that he didn't mess up his chance.

"Y-yes?"

Xiumin tapped his lips. "Kiss me…again."

Chen sighed in relief, glad that he didn't mess anything up. He leaned in once again and gave Xiumin another sweet kiss on the lips. Once they pulled back, they both smiled. Chen asked Xiumin if he needed to go home immediately; he hoped that he didn't have to, he would love to spend more time with him.

"Hm," He checked his watch and it showed that it was already 9:59pm. "I just need to call my uncle and let him know that I'll be coming home late." He tried to fish out his cell phone, but it was quite difficult since he had his bouquet in his hands.

"Here, give me." Xiumin handed over the large bouquet and got out his cell phone. He started to dial; within a few rings, Suho picked up the phone.

"Ah, hello?"

"Suho? It's Xiumin, um --"

"Wait! Lay -- "

"Xiumin?!" Lay took the phone from Suho's hands and was now yelling at the phone. Chen slightly jumped when he heard his uncle yell.

"Y-yes uncle?"

"I told you to call me and inform me about your whereabouts! It is already…10:02pm and you aren't home!!"

"Uncle --"

"I want you home!"

"But --" Chen snatched the phone from Xiumin's hand and started to speak to Lay.

"Ah, sir, this is Chen, Xiumin's boyfriend. I'll bring him home soon. We are at the BlackJack carnival right now and we will ride a few rides and I'll bring him home after. Promise!"

"Boyfriend? Your Xiumin's boyfriend?"

Chen nodded. "Yes, sir."

He heard Lay sigh at the end. "Okay…I want him home at 10:30pm. No later, got it…erm, what was your name again? Chon?"

"Um, it's Chen sir."

"Right. Yeah. Okay then…10:30pm! Um, have a good rest of the night." With that Lay hanged out and Chen handed Xiumin his cell.

"I have 'till 10:30. Then I have to bring you back." Chen returned the large bouquet to Xiumin. "I'll be right back okay. I'm gunna change."

Xiumin chuckled. "Why? You look good in what you are wearing."

Chen was still wearing his green bear costume. His head piece was gone, but taken cared of.

"Yeah…no. I'll be back." With that he gave a peck on Xiumin's cheek. Within a few minutes, Chen came out with a cotton henley under his black faux leather jacket, slim fit jeans, along with his high top sneakers. Xiumin slightly blushed on how good he looked even though he had some bandaids on his cheeks.

"Ready?" As Chen pushed up his glasses up.

"Y-yeah."

Chen intertwined his fingers with Xiumin's and they started to walk
 

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Wanna know something interesting? I've been doing some research about the Camellia and one site said:

"the camellia is called "the empress of the winter," brightening gardens from autumn through spring with its beautiful large blossoms and dark glossy leaves."

To me, I thought that it was interesting. Get it? Winter...Frost...Xiumin's power...yeah? No? Okay.. //rolls off//

//rolls back//

Dunno if that is correct, I just saw it on the site; there are probably different meanings for the Camellia so yeah...

All information that I got were from the internet. I even checked two different sites to make sure the information was the same. It may mean something different.

 

One more then it will be done~

Any mistakes = I'm sorry ; ^ ;