2

.ferris wheel.

Couple days passed and everyday after school, Xiumin would go to the carnival. Of course Xiumin would call his uncle to inform him that he is going to carnival to play some games and ride some rides; he didn't want to come home to a frantic uncle and assure him that he was fine for the whole time.

"Okay Xiumin…just be careful and come home before it gets really late." Lay instructed. Xiumin rolled his eyes and assured him that he will. With that he hanged up his cell and ran to carnival.

Xiumin wanted to go to the BlackJack carnival as much as he can before they leave. They are only going to stay for a month and soon leave to the next city. Xiumin paid his ticket and ran inside. Every time Xiumin goes in, he just feels a great sense of happiness rush through him. Maybe it was the people with their smiles on their faces, or the workers making them laugh, or it could the person in the green bear costume that makes him happy.

'Where is he?' Xiumin looked around the carnival, but couldn't find at all. Whenever they meet, the green bear would break into a dance, making Xiumin laugh, to the point where he is wiping his tears.

He soon spotted him, kneeling down to be at the same height as the two boys in front of him. Xiumin watched as the green bear tied a balloon on each of children's wrist.

"Thank you!" The two boys said together. The green bear patted their heads; he swung his open basket like backpack and gave the two boys little plushies.

"Daeryong…Soryong what do you say." Their mother said as she patted her sons' heads.

Both boys gave the green bear a hug and said thank you once again. They waved goodbye and walked off; Xiumin smiled and walked up to the green bear.

"Hello Mr. green bear!"

The green bear turned around and waved to him; he bowed and started to dance, making Xiumin laugh.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

The two of them sat and talked, well, Xiumin did most of the talking. The green bear never took off his head piece since he was still working, but Xiumin didn't mind.

Xiumin checked his watch and realized that it was getting late; he promised his uncle that he would go home before it gets too late.

"I have to go." Xiumin faced the green bear. "Thanks for talking with me. Er, I mean listening." He smiled and stood up; he was about to walk, but the green bear grabbed his wrist. The bear turned to his batch of balloons and tied one onto Xiumin's wrist.

Xiumin lifted his wrist and looked at the green bear. "You don't have to give me one you know." He said as he chuckled. The green bear waved it off and turned to his basket with plushies; he gave one to Xiumin. It was a little plushie of a steam bun with an adorable smile it and a top hat.

"Uh…" Xiumin turned the plushie around, analyzing it. "This…is an interesting plushie…"

The green bear pointed at the plushie and pointed back at Xiumin, indicating that the plushie looked like him.

"You're saying this plushie looks like me?" Xiumin said in confusion while pointing at the stuff toy. The green bear nodded and clapped. Xiumin rolled his eyes.

'He is nice…but weird.'

Xiumin patted the plushie and thanked him for giving him one. With that he waved goodbye and left the carnival.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

The next day Xiumin could wait for school to end, but sadly it was the only 4th period.

'I need my literature textbook and my -- '

"Well, what does MinMin have today?"

Xiumin whipped his head around to see one of Sanghoon's friends towering over him. He grabbed the notebook from his hands and looked through it.

"Yuck…literature? Boring." The guy threw the notebook behind him and started to rummage through Xiumin's locker. The other guys started to chuckle.

"Hey! Stop that!! Give me my book back!!" Xiumin tried to stop him, but Sanghoon's other friends pushed Xiumin away. By now, all of Xiumin's belongings were scattered on the floor of the hallway. Students noticed that this was going on, but they feared that if they helped Xiumin, they will get the same treatment as him.

"Jeez, MinMin, you didn't have to make a mess on the floor." The other guy snickered and high fived his friend beside him.

"You guys did this though." Xiumin whispered, but enough for the guys to hear.

"What?"

Xiumin was immediately pushed against his locker, making him fall onto the ground.

"My bad." Scoffed one of them and the group started to walk off, one of them stepping on his assignments, ripping it apart. Xiumin turned his head to see Sanghoon's friends laughing and walking off.

Xiumin sighed and knelt down to get his stuff. He tried his best not to cry, but his tears betrayed him and tears started to fall. His vision was starting to get blurry, but he noticed a hand picking up his books. He quickly rubbed his eyes to see one of his classmates holding onto his book.

"Here."

Xiumin slowly grabbed the book. "Thanks." He said softly.

"Hm." The nice student that was willing to help, picked up the papers and notebooks that Sanghoon's friends decide to throw around. He straighten out some of the ruined ones to the best he can and handed them over the Xiumin.

"Thanks…again…um…" Xiumin wasn't sure about the kid's name. He has seen him a couple of times, but never thought of learning his name. Heck, no one has talked to him at all unless they have too; Xiumin just thought that he didn't need to learn anyone's name.

"It's Chen." Xiumin nodded, still unsure about who the guy was. He never got a chance to befriend anyone at the school ever since he transferred; some kids just fear that if they hangout with Xiumin, Sanghoon will be after them too. And none of them wanted that. Xiumin didn't really blame them though, if he were in their shoes, he probably would steer clear from the new kid too.

"Um, thanks for the help." Xiumin said as he placed his books back in his locker.

"It was nothing." Chen gave a smile to Xiumin.

"I have to go…um, thanks again." Xiumin closed his locker and ran off to his next class.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

It was now lunch time and Xiumin headed to the courtyard instead of the cafeteria. He found the courtyard to be more pleasing and luckily hardly anyone goes to the courtyard anymore.

He sat on a stone bench and placed his backpack between his feet; he rummaged through and took out his sack lunch that Suho was nice enough to pack. As much as he likes Lay's cooking, Suho's was always better. He could eat Suho's food any day.

'Yes!' Xiumin cheered as he took out one meat and cheese filled empanadas, his favorite. 'Thank you Suho!'

He was about to grab another one when he saw a note:

'Hey Xiumin! I packed for you meat and cheese filled empanadas,  lemon sandwich cookies, and I cut you up some pineapples and strawberries! Eat your fruits!! Love,Suho'

Xiumin chuckled. "If ever…Suho is going to be a great mother." He placed the note in his backpack and started to munch on his empanada.

"Hm…" Xiumin stared at the little empanada and checked his sack to see if he had anymore. "3 left…I wonder if Mr. Green Bear would like one…"

"And who is Mr. Green Bear?"

Xiumin quickly knew who's voice that was. He whipped his head around to only have his heart drop once he looked up.

"S-Sanghoon."

Sanghoon was behind him, towering over with a smirk on his face.

'oh god oh god oh god! No one is here! I'm gunna die!!'

Xiumin tried to escape, but was immediately pushed back down on his seat by his shoulders. Xiumin was trembling; what is Sanghoon going to do to him? He just prayed that killing him wouldn't be one of those choices. He quickly shut his eyes and hoped that he would go away.

'Go away go away go away!!'

What confused Xiumin the most was when Sanghoon wrapped his arms around Xiumin's shoulders; nuzzling against his neck.

"W-What are you doing?" His eyes widen; what was seriously going on?

"Nothing." Sanghoon inhaled Xiumin's scent. "You smell nice."

'Okay that's just weird!' Xiumin immediately got up from his seat and turned around to face Sanghoon; he started to rub his neck.

"My bad." Sanghoon took Xiumin's seat and ended up eating one of his empanadas.

"H-Hey! Thats mine!!" Xiumin rushed over to him to get his empanadas.

'No one takes my empanadas!!'

Xiumin tried his best to get his favorite food away from Sanghoon, but he kept teasing him by keeping it out of reach.

"Give…it…back!!" Xiumin got closer to Sanghoon and was able to get little empanada back, but unfortunately for him, Sanghoon already wrapped his arms around Xiumin's waist.

'What the heck!!' A blushing Xiumin tried to wiggle his way out. "Lemme go!" With his might he tried to push himself off from his grasp, but he kept snuggling up against Xiumin's stomach.

"Do you know why I do those mean things to you?"

'What kind of question is that?'

"Uh…to be mean?" Xiumin said as if was the most obvious thing in the world, however, Sanghoon shook his head.

"It's 'cuz I like you. A lot."

'Okay hold up…What did he just say?!'

"Um…what?"

Sanghoon repeated what he just said, but Xiumin repeated the same question.

"What?" Xiumin was able to pull away from Sanghoon's grasp. He stared at the guy as if he 3 heads.

"Xiumin, I don't know how else to say it. I'll say it again, but it will be the last time. I like you."

Xiumin dropped his empanada on the ground due to shock. "No, you don't! Then why do you bully me all the time!!"

Sanghoon's expression changed to a frown. "Look, I'm sorry about all the bullying…really, I am. Truth is when I first saw you…you were absolutely the most cutest thing in the world." He looked down. "The reason why I do bully you is because I need to put up an image for my friends…I'm sorry."

This made Xiumin blush a bit more. Truly out of words, his number one tormentor just confessed to him and apologized. Has the world flipped?

"Are you high?" Xiumin asked with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Are you high…are you?"

Sanghoon chuckled and shook his head. "No, I'm not."

'Well,…he isn't high thank god.'

Xiumin rubbed the back of his neck. He was unsure what to say next? I forgive you? No, the guy has bullied him for the last month, and what a painful month of pushing, throwing his books away, and laughing at him.

"Xiumin." Xiumin looked up at him, breaking his thoughts. "I'll make it up to you. I'll win you over and prove myself to you." He got up and walked over to Xiumin; he placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Erm." Xiumin took a step back. "I-I have to go." Xiumin rushed passed Sanghoon to get his things; he quickly left the courtyard.

Sanghoon watched as a frantic Xiumin ran out of his sight.

"Heh." He gave an evil smirk. "This is going to be easy for sure."

Sanghoon heard a crunch of a leave behind him; he whipped his head to see Chen, his step-brother.

"Oh…Chen…"

Chen's expression was not a happy one. He was walking around when he heard his step-brother and Xiumin's voice in the court yard. He hid from their view and was completely shocked at what Sanghoon said to Xiumin.

"You…you like Xiumin?"

Sanghoon gave a hearty laugh.

"Chen, you seriously crack me up. Why would I like that weirdo?"

Chen was utterly confused. "B-But you just con --"

"Oh that…yeah…no."

"What?"

"This my dear step-brother." Sanghoon started to say as he approached Chen with an evil smirk on his face. "Is merely a joke." He slug his arm over Chen's shoulder.

"W-why would you do that?"

Sanghoon shrugged. "It was a bet I made with the guys. Make Xiumin fall for me, maybe make him make out with me here and there. If I'm lucky make him have some nightly activities with me if you know what I mean. Then break his heart…embarrass him. All that wonderful stuff."

Chen shrugged his step-brother's arm off. "Thats not nice Sanghoon…you shouldn't do that!" He started to walk off only to be brought back with a tug.

"You listen to me Chen." He said darkly. "If you say one word about this to Xiumin or to the principal or even mom and dad…I swear…you will wake up in a hospital and no one would even know why. So, do you understand when I say don't tell?" He glared at Chen, who only gulped.

"B-But--"

"I said…Do…you…under…stand?" Sanghoon hissed.

Chen nodded, but feeling bad for poor Xiumin. Sanghoon left go of Chen's arm and started to walk pass him. "Oh. And one more thing." He said as he turned around. "I don't feel like doing all that lovely dovey stuff…that is not how I roll…"

Chen eyed him. "Then what --"

"So you're going to do it."

"W-What?!"

"Yup." Sanghoon said as he inspected his watch. "I expect a love note on my desk tomorrow morning…Oh, and get a bouquet of flowers." He chuckled. "I have to seem…sweet and loving to little MinMin." He started to laugh and walked off, leaving Chen behind who formed a fist and tighten it.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Oh dear...