1

.ferris wheel.

Xiumin sighed and picked up his books that fell from his hands. His tormentors always found it hilarious to slam on the books and make them fall from his grasp.

'Why does Sanghoon always pick on me…'

Xiumin placed his books under his arm and continued to walk.

Sanghoon…the high school's number one tormentor; no one has ever dared to oppose him. Him and his group always liked to bully any new kid that comes to their school. Unfortunately, that applies to Xiumin since he moved to live with his uncle and transferred in a month ago.

Xiumin walked to his locker and placed his books inside and took out his notebook. He sighed and tucked his notebook under his arm. Thankfully, school ended and it was time to get out of the hell hole known as school. He quickly rushed out, hoping that Sanghoon and his group aren't waiting for him. He peaked through the doors and sighed in relief.

'Coast is clear.' Xiumin sprinted out and ran towards the school gates. Once he couldn't spot the school anymore, he stopped running and tried to steady his breathing. He started to walk to the public bus stop when he saw a sign.

"Official opening of BlackJack carnival…" Xiumin tilted his head.

'Carnival huh?' Xiumin leaned in to see where it was located. 'Off of Lee and Song street…that is only 10 minutes from here.' Xiumin placed his index finger on his chin and started tapping.

'Eh…what the heck"

Xiumin walked to the BlackJack carnival instead of going home like he always does. He was feeling a little down because of Sanghoon and his constant bullying.

'Might as well clear my mind and have some fun.'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Once he paid his ticket to get in, he stuffed his wallet in his back pocket and wandered around. There was a lot of people today since it was the opening of the carnival. He went on a few rides and walked around, played a few games here and there. He was starting to feel a little bit better.

"And you won a prize!" The man said while Xiumin clapped. "Any of these here." He showed Xiumin the mini prizes that he can take. Xiumin pointed at the cute bear wearing a tuxedo suit and a top hat.

"Thank you!" Xiumin smiled and waved the man goodbye. He wandered around for a but till he saw a person in a green bear costume giving balloons to little children.

'I want one!' Xiumin walked over to the person in the green bear costume. The green bear looked at Xiumin and tilted his head.

"Ah…I would like one?" Xiumin pointed at the yellow balloon. "That one…erm…ma'am?" Xiumin was unsure to call the person in the green bear costume. Since he couldn't see its real face since it was wearing a head piece, so he assumed that the person inside was female, but the green bear shook its head. "Ah, I mean Sir?"

The green bear nodded his head and Xiumin smiled. "Okay then, Mr. Green bear, can I have the yellow one?" Xiumin started to get his wallet out to give money to the green bear, but he just shook his head. He gave Xiumin not one balloon, but two for free.

"What? I insist! Here I'll give you -- "

The green bear shook his head again and pushed the wallet back. He then patted Xiumin's head. Xiumin was utterly confused at what just happened. This guy in a green bear costume just gave him two free balloons and patted his head.

'This guy is...nice…' Xiumin thought.

Then the green bear unexpectedly started to dance in front of him. The more Xiumin was confused, but he started to laugh. The green bear started to attract some people; they stopped and watched the guy in the green bear costume do the moon walk on the grass. Xiumin smiled; he started to forget everything at happened at school, about Sanghoon and the bullies. He was thankful that he read that sign.

Once the green bear finished his dance, everyone clapped. He bowed at them and waved them all goodbye.

"You were really good out there." Xiumin complimented him and smiled. "Well, I have to go…thank you for these." Xiumin motioned the two balloons. With that, he waved goodbye. "See you later." He then left the carnival.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin arrived home and his uncle that he was living with ran out to the living room.

"Xiumin!"

Xiumin looked up while still taking off his shoes. "Yeah?"

"Don't yeah me…where were you?" Xiumin stared at the men before him, his uncle, Lay, and his uncle's boyfriend, Suho.  Lay was tapping on his foot waiting for an answer, but all Xiumin could do was give the bear that he won from the carnival to him.

"I won you this!" Xiumin said with a big smile on his face as he pushed the bear close to Lay's face.

"Hey hey hey!" Lay leaned back and grabbed the teddy bear from Xiumin. "Where did you get this? Did you steal this from a child?!"

Xiumin sighed. "No uncle...I went to the carnival that just opened."

"You did?" Xiumin nodded.

"Yeah…I saw a sign and I thought…might as well check it out and stuff."

Lay sighed and nodded. "Okay, but next time…call…you almost made me call the police to report a missing child."

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "I'm not 5 you know." Lay patted his head. "I know that…but please call next time 'kay?"

Xiumin nodded.

"Well, since that is all cleared up." Suho clapped his hands together. "Lets eat shall we?" Xiumin smiled and nodded.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Once Xiumin, Lay and Suho finished dinner, Xiumin went up stairs to his room to start on his assignments. He started working on his math assignment when his mind started to drift off. He looked at the balloons that were placed beside his bed. Xiumin chuckled at the memory of the guy in the green bear costume.

'Weird, yet…funny.'

Xiumin returned to his assignment, wanting to get it done so he can go to bed and sleep.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

What? I swear the time was 2:15am just now...and now it is 3:03am. Hm...okay time does go by fast.