009 - Memories of a

The Blood of Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby… Gee gee…” A woman sang as she entered into her apartment. Little did she know that there was another presence in her house, lurking in the shadow.

She slipped out of her heels and threw her handbag onto the floor, making her way towards the wardrobe. Once she had gotten her nightwear, she began stripping herself on her way to the bathroom until someone hit her at the back of her head. She let out a piercing scream and stumbled to the floor, fighting against unconsciousness until darkness consumed her totally.

A lady was sitting in the interrogation room, crying. Jiyeon was staring at the file on the table. “Ketamine, also known as Special K, was found in the vapour emitted from the humidifier. It’s a kind of “date drug”. She muttered as she read the finding in the report.

“Joo geosa-nim, please help me to find the .” The crying lady said in between sniffles.

Just then Yunho came into the room and signaled Jiyeon to leave the room. “I’ll be back soon.” Jiyeon told the lady and left the room.

“Ne, Jung geosa-nim?”

“Please send the victim away.” Yunho said.

“But why?” Jiyeon asked with a frown.

“Joo geosa, you should know this very well yourself too. The assault happened one week ago and physical evidence was not even collected. It’s pointless to use the kit now.”

“But…”

“The best consolation that we can offer to the victim is to catch the criminal as soon as possible. This is your job. Remember this.” Yunho reminded coldly.

“Hyung hyung hyung!” Junsu called out as he ran towards the two.

“Junsu, what’s the hurry?” Yunho asked.

“New murder case!” Junsu replied in between pants.

“I hope you know you should do. I will attend to this new case.” Yunho turned to Jiyeon and told her. The latter nodded her head and watched the two left the interrogation area.

Yunho arrived at the crime scene and people were crowding around to see what had happened. “Excuse me.” He said as he made his way through the crowd.

“What’s the case here?” Yunho asked the moment he got into the apartment.

“The victim is Kim Eun Ae. It seemed like she was being bludgeoned to death in her apartment. Her roommate, Ms Lee, is the one who discovered her body.” Yoochun reported.

“Araso.” Yunho nodded and put on his sunglasses. Getting the hint, Yoochun cleared the room of staff so that Yunho could use his ability. Yunho’s eyes shimmered into his vampiric eye colour and images began flashing past his eyes – the victim shoved her attacker aside, but what happened next would be the victim being hit on the head by an object in the attacker’s hand.

Yunho removed his sunglasses the moment his eyes changed back to normal. He stared hard at the blood p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter