004 - The Doll House Part 3

The Blood of Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once the car was parked, Yoochun and Yunho went uphill heading to the orphanage. Entering the main gate, they saw the same group of kids playing at the playground. The group of kids greeted the duo the moment they saw them. “Annyeong haseyo, ahjusshi!”

“Aish! Do I really look like an ahjusshi?” Yoochun mumbled to himself.

“Well! If you were married at a younger age, you would have a kid by now.” Yunho chuckled.

“Awww man! I am still way to young to get settled down.” Yoochun whined.

“Don’t want to settle down right? Start working then!” Yunho patted his shoulder.

“Yes, Jung geosanim.” Yoochun heaved a sigh of defeat and approached the group of playing kids.

“Ahjusshi, are you here to adopt us?” A girl with ponytail stepped forward and asked.

“Ne! Are you here to adopt Hye Rin?” Another little boy raised his hand to voice his question.

“Hye Rin is dead. Ahjusshi, you may want to choose another kid for adoption.” The first girl said.

“Why does everyone like to adopt Hye Rin? I wish I am sick like her then I would have been adopted by now.” A little girl with short hair pouted.

“Sick? What illness was Hye Rin suffering from?” Yunho thought.

“Kids, go back to your room now! How many times must I tell all of you not to talk to strangers?” Someone shouted.

Both of them looked up to see Director Cho walking towards them. Immediately the kids scattered away, leaving the three adults behind.

“Jung geosanim! Park hyeongsa nim! How can I help you?” Director Cho asked with an expressionless face.

Yunho just stood there quietly observing every single action of the director while Yoochun did the questioning.

“Director Cho, does Hye Rin like dolls?” Yoochun asked.

Director Cho shifted his feet a little the moment Yoochun mentioned the word dolls. “Hye… Hye Rin doesn’t like dolls.” He stuttered.

“He is hiding something.”

“Are you sure?” Yoochun probed further.

“Of course! I am sure!” Director Cho said while rubbing both palms together.

Just then Yunho’s phone started ringing, Changmin’s name was reflected on the screen. “Yeoboseyo!”

“Jung geosanim! Changmin here.” The other party spoke.

“Yes Shim geomsigwan.”

“I have noticed something interesting about Hye Rin’s corpse.” Changmin said.

“What is it about Hye Rin?”

With the mention of Hye Rin’s name, Yunho noticed Director Cho fidgeted uneasily from the corner of his eyes.

“There are multiple marks on her right arm. It seems like they are from a doctor’s needle.” Changmin continued.

“Doctor’s needle?” Yunho spoke out loud.

“Yes.”

“Kamsa hamnida! Shim geomsigwan! Thanks for the information.” He hung up before turning back to Yoochun.

“New findings?” Yoochun asked.

“Yes.” Yunho nodded.

“Jung geosanim! I think I forgot to tell you something about Hye Rin.” Director Cho said with a sheepish look on his face, making both Yunho and Yoochun to face him.

“Yes, Director Cho. What is it that you want to say?” Yoochun said.

“Hye Rin is actually suffering from a con heart defect and she has to go for weekly injection at the hospital.” Director Cho said.

“Thank you for telling us. Can you please give me the name of the doctor-in-charge?” Yoochun asked.

“Yes sure. Please come with me. The name card is in my office.”

Yunho signaled Yoochun to go with Director Cho while he continued to stay around the playground. Once the two of them were gone, he walked around the orphanage premise t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter