The Revised Hello.

Cupid

 

“Unnie, wae?”  I timidly ask.

“Minkki ah… Why did you pair CL-roo with Jiyong?” Dara Unnie’s quivering voice reaches my ears as she questions my actions.

“Because Daragon was receiving too much attention!” I pouted and replied. “Unnie, why are you crying, is it because of SkyDragon?”

“Cupid… tell me what should I do?” Unnie’s eyes cast down at the photo again as she wipes away the tears in her glassy eyes; evading my question.

“What..?” I was simply lost for words. I don’t like to see Unnie crying, she’s supposed to be the energy pill of our group!

“I… I… I’m crying because I always thought ‘Hello’ was our song… and now…” Unnie looks at me, barely managing to stop tearing again, she was always emotional.

“Mianhe… Unnie…” I said the only thing that comes to mind. Sorry.

I hope she didn't fall. I hope the truth isn't like that. I hope nothing like this ever happens.

Because even though I’m Cupid, I have no control over the matters of the heart.

And now that I need 2NE1’s help in the shipping… I think I’m too cruel a mock-Cupid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“2NE1 in 40 minutes…” The person yelled before exiting to backstage, probably because well… We have Mr. GDragon in our waiting room.

“Yah, you guys are going up on stage like that? Hello~ this song is called Hello not Fire…” Jiyong Oppa did a double take at our Fire Outfits. “See Dara Noona, is she the only one that isn’t in the Fire outfit? Keke…  I like Dara Noona the most now~!” He winked at Dara Unnie, and I flinched.

Well… In my defense, his choice of words were particularly disturbing… Um…  

As 2NE1 just burst into laughter, I turned to observe Dara Unnie.  She had a light pinkish tint on her cheeks, and I’m pretty sure that’s not blusher.

“Jingyo Oppa, shush!” Chaerin unnie mock-glared at him, as she put her hands around Dara Unnie, “ChaeRa jjang, understand~?”

“D…Deh! Jiyong I won’t fall for your flirting!” Dara Unnie stuck her tongue out as Bom Unnie just popped a dear’s ear into .

I could see the blush still, faintly, on her cheeks.

“2NE1! NOLZA~” We cheer and head for the stage, all pumped up and ready to party. Except maybe Dara Unnie, but after that banter with Jiyong Oppa she turned brighter, great… right? Aigoo… I’m so confused. I thought about it all night but to no avail, I’m still so… confused. Actually I’m worried. I need to answer to YG papa, and SkyDragon, both of them being so close siblings, are so terribly natural I’m afraid of the netizens, and I don’t want Dara Unnie to get hurt either…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The familiar rap sequence pounded in my ears as Jiyong Oppa shouts “2NE1”and we sashay in, Dara Unnie’s sweet voice resounding through the speakers. Aigoo… I think its so awkward for all four of us to be on stage, but if its only Chaerin Unnie and Dara Unnie it’s even weirder, thus the current arrangement. An awkward smile plastered itself on my face as I mechanically did the steps without looking, focusing my attention on Jiyong oppa instead. 

He better not make another mistake or I. Will. Kill. Him, Oppa or not. 

I think I'm even more nervous than all the fans watching this today, you know. I don't think I can truly explain- my brain's like being split into half, or probably even more. I was wishing that no impromptu's would happen again, but I didn't want things to be too scripted. I wanted SkyDragon to become alive, but I didn't want Daragon to just, die. I wanted Chaerin Unnie to remain happy, but I didn't want Dara Unnie to  be sad. 

I just wanted everything to be the same, and everyone just perfectly happy. 

But YG papa always said, said that without change there can never be any improvement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched as Jiyong oppa stared down Dara unnie. I watched as the dark blue background perfectly highlighted the slight blush and perfect smiles of Jiyong oppa and Dara unnie. I watched as everyone cheered, watched with the bated breath as the distance between Jiyong oppa and Dara unnie became closer and closer. 

And I watched when Dara unnie herself pushed Chaerin unnie closer to him. I watched Jiyong oppa pull a few muted impromptu tricks, and I watched Chaerin unnie go with the flow. I watched the audience's reaction- watched Bom unnie further push the two of them together.

And I watched Dara unnie's smile slid off her face when the music ends and she was safely behind the curtains. 

I couldn't erase the prick in my heart. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, I saw Dara unnie's phone light up on the table. 

There were two unread messages. 

One was from Jiyong Oppa, "Good Night, cute girl~ Hello from tomorrow." 

And the other was from Seungri Oppa, which simply said "Smile. :)" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------