Chapter Five

"Standing in the Rain"

When Key and Taemin transferred to live under Onew’s roof (which happened to be originally Jonghyun’s, that is shared with Minho) their home turned upside down. Not literally ofcourse, but it somewhat look that way.

 

 

JongKey moments would always happen whenever they cross paths. Poor Onew, Minho and Taemin, they needed to deal with the two’s stubbornness.

 

As for Taemin and Minho, the younger one tried his best in avoiding Minho, sadly. Minho on the other hand, tried various ways to find some alone time with Taemin so they can talk privately. But Taemin wasn’t helping, a bit. And the Onew-Jonghyun team up are willing to help him, thus, they came up with a plan.

 

As for Onew, he doesn’t know what or how it happened but he suddenly switched to his ‘leader’ mode on. When JongKey fights, he is the referee. When 2min gets into an awkward situation, he would always enter the scene with his famous ‘Onew Condition (Onew Sangtae)’ (as the school call it… they became kingkas in a way, because of JongKey’s quarrels, lol ) or some making-minho-jealous acts of his, thus, the word ‘Awkward…’ fades away.

 

.

 

 

Oh and how they chose whose room is whose? Difficult.

 

Since there are only four rooms, 2 pairs should share a room while the last one will have the room to their self.

 

[flashback]

 

“I live with them…”

 

“I can see that.”

 

“Then why are you asking?” Onew rolled his eyes at Key who just had a blunt expression.

 

“Uh… since they already have their luggages with them, aren’t we supposed to organize their room?” Minho suggested as he voluntarily carried Taemin and Key’s luggages inside the cozy home since Onew and Jonghyun didn’t bother to even help.

 

“You mean OUR ROOMS” Jonghyun corrected.

 

“What?”

 

“uh uh. since we only have 4 rooms, you have to pair yourself up.”

 

“Oh…” was all they can say. At the moment.

 

“Hmm…” Onew tapped his chin and grinned. “Minho and Taeminnie, why don’t you share rooms since your close?” He said absentmindedly. Tsk. He doesn’t even think of what he’s saying.

 

Then silence. (2min awkwardly stealing glances at each other)

 

“WHAT?! YOU?! ONEW WHO CARE FOR TAEMIN EVER SINCE U.S WOULD ALLOW HIM TO SLEEP WITH HIM?? WHO KNOWS WHAT HE MIGHT DO TO OUR TAEMIN!!?” Key shrieked as he pointed an accusing finger at the oldest.

 

“So you’re telling me my bestfriend is GAY?!” Jonghyun started. Again.

 

“Hah! You said it yourself already.”

 

“Said what?”

 

“That Minho is gay.”

 

 With that last statement of Key, Taemin looked at Minho, and Minho looked at Taemin. Both had the o.O ß wtf?! Face.

 

AWKWARD stay stoned on top of their heads. When Key noticed he cleared his throat and Jonghyun too, noticing that they made their dongsaengs tense up on what they just said.

 

(a.n: Lol, after 2min’s relationship they even bothered to fight about their uality. ><)

 

“Uh…” Jonghyun spoke up to break the silence, “Why don’t Onew and Taemin share the room, then Key and Minho will share the other one!”

 

“…and you know you’ll get the solo room right?” Key interrupted him.

 

“Uh… yeah?”

 

“You really think I’ll let you be happy?”

 

. . . silence.

 

“So I’ll take that as a No.” The diva smirked at Jonghyun who just rolled his eyes annoyingly. “Tch, whatever.” He scoffed.

 

 

So… this is is the selection what they have gone so far.

 

 

 

>OnewxTaemin, KeyxMinho. <

 

Objected – MINHO x Key x Taemin

 

Key’s reason: He is not comfortable with Minho YET. And he don’t want Jonghyun to be all happy-go-lucky having one big bedroom to all himself.

 

Minho’s reason: There is NO WAY he would let Taemin sleep with another guy. (a.n: That sounds SO wrong~! Lol. And… remember? Minho have no idea that Onew is Taemin’s biological brother! :D )  Jealousy rule~! (mwhaaha! Im so evil in making Minho suffer with his feelings. Lol!)

 

Taemin: He don’t like Minho sleeping with another guy (they have the same thinking..hm… 2min telepathy?? Keke). Even if its Key. Oh, one thing, he is also worried what Key would do to his Minho hyung. Minho may not survive alive.

 

 

 

 

>OnewxMinho, TaeminxJonghyun<

 

Objected: Minho x Key x Onew

 

Key’s reason: Its his chance to get the solo room but there is no way in every way that he would let Taemin sleep or share a room with the dino-hard-headed-conceited-byungtae-Jonghyun.

 

Minho’s: No TRUST to his own bestfriend. (poor Tae, getting an overprotected boyfriend. Lol… wait, that hit me straight to the heart. O.o Eightrialovetaemin sorry for being overprotective~! Mian Taemin-ah!)

 

Onew’s: Even though Jjong’s his childhood friend, he’s just protecting his dongsaeng from –what might happen- .

 

 

 

>OnewxTaemin, JonghyunxKey<

 

Objected: Jonghyun x Key x Minho.

 

Key’s reason: Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun’s reason: Key.

 

Minho’s reason: Onew. (poor onew, getting all accused at because of Minho. Lol)

 

 

 

So finally in the end, they just gave up and Onew had the big room all to himself. Being too stubborn just to have a bedroom of their own resulted to no good, thus they paired themselves up. JongHo x TaeKey.

 

Problem solved!

 

[flashback ended]

 

 

That turned out well!

 

… you think I spoke too soon?

 

Yes?

 

No?

 

Maybe?

 

 

 

………

 

A week passed , not peacefully, if you know what I mean. The 5 adorKable guys are at home resting, busy with their own things, not minding each other.

 

They just finished eating dinner (cooked by Key ofcourse) and its Taemin’s turn to wash the dishes. Everyone ditched the kitchen leaving the poor maknae alone to talk with the plates. That’s what he thought.

 

Minho came up and stood beside Taemin, wiping the dishes that are finished. The latter noticed this and took a few sidesteps leaving a big gap between him and Minho. As expected by Taemin, Minho scooted closer. He side stepped again, Minho scooted again and the cycle repeated again and again until Taemin was too far to reach the dishes.

 

“Hyung~!” Taemin whined as he pushed Minho back into place.

 

The older one chuckled at Taemin’s cuteness and smiled to himself.

 

“Taemin-ssi…” He spoke softly as he took a glance at the boy beside him.

 

“Please drop the formality please…” The younger one suggested quietly as he tried his best in not drowning into Minho’s deep serene voice that would usually be his lullaby to sleep. Before.

 

Minho nodded happily and glanced at Taemin.

 

“When can I talk with you?” He asked as he wiped the last plate that Taemin had just washed.

 

“Your talking with me right? Unless you think Im a ghost and the real Taemin is up in his room playing xbox?” Someone who is close to Minho’s heart answered sarcastically. (we know who is that right? Right.)

 

“Im serious.”

 

“When are you not?” Taemin asked back playfully.

 

“Taemin…” He patiently breathed In…ooout. (lol, Minho’s patience is running low! xD )

 

“No. Its Jonghyun. Obviously its me Taemin!”

 

Minho groaned and helplessly sighed. If it was Jonghyun (or anyone) Minho would’ve exploded by now but its Taemin. You know he can’t get mad at Taemin right?

 

 

 

 

Taemin’s POV

I stared at Minho hyung’s soft face that had this hint of an irritated mood? I guess.  I giggled missing these kind of times with him. But I guess I giggled too loud since I noticed he is smiling from ear to ear with that gaze directed at me that made me weak in the knees.

 

Sigh.

 

Its hard to be hopelessly inlove. SPECIALLY WITH THIS PERSON. -__-

 

“Can I… talk about ‘it’ now? Please Taeminnie it’s really important.”

 

He continued as he stepped closer and leaned his face near mine, close enough to feel his breath in my lips as he stared at me straight in the eyes.

 

O M G….

 

Those wanting me look, is driving me wild…

 

“I… uh… d-don’t know. I m-mean the s-situation is l-like”

 

Damn I stuttered. And when I stutter, he knows what I’m feeling.

 

Right now, I can feel my body heat up, means, I’m BLUSHING, in front of him. Aish, PABO HEART. Why can’t you listen to me at least once~~??

 

“Taeminnie… please?”

 

He pouted and uses his ‘pleading’ eyes at me.

 

Ugh… those eyes… is melting me.

 

 

Someone coughed loud enough for us to hear and we both turned to the door.

 

OH THANK YOU ONEW HYUNG~!!!!

 

 

 

 

Minho’s POV

I was about to get Taemin say ‘yes’ if only… if only… Onew hyung didn’t show up .

 

“Uh… Taemin… Key is calling for you… he said he needs your help for unpacking.” Onew hyung said as he leaned on the Kitchen counter. Taemin nodded happily(?) as he skipped awaaaaay from me crossing Onew’s path. Onew whispered something into Taemin’s ear and Taemin’s eyes widened and playfully smacked Onew hyung on his shoulder. Onew hyung then pinched his cheek and ruffled his hair before letting him go.

 

Grr….

 

Skinship much?

 

I thought Jonghyun hyung holds that record?

 

Tch.

 

Whatever.

 

He’s too close to Taemin for my taste.

 

 

(a.n: and you’re not just a while ago? Ohohohoo Minhoo! XD)

 

. . . .

 

Onew nodded at Minho and said he is going to bed. The younger one nodded and let him go.

 

‘I can’t get mad at Onew, since he is my hyung. But Onew hung knew what happened between me and Taemin so what’s with this act? Moreover, He perfectly know in his knowledge that I still have feelings for Taemin.’

 

Minho pouted at the thought.

 

When Minho finally went to the bathroom for his night routine (such as brushing teeth and stuff) Onew immediately rushed to the room that JongHo shared. He is rooting for Jonghyun at the moment.

 

“Ah Hyung! What brings you here?” Jonghyun asked as he saw Onew step inside with a knock.

 

“Jonghyun, I need help.”

 

“About what?”

 

“No… its about WHO”

 

“Arasso… its about WHO.” Jonghyun finally grunted as he waited impatiently for Onew to spill the beans. He is sleepy for the bed’s sake.

 

“2min need to be together!” He squealed-hushed as he punched his fist in the air as if in victory.

 

“2…min?” the latter tilted his head in confusion.

 

“Uh huh! TaeMIN and MINho.” Onew said as he emphasized the MIN part of their names. Jonghyun nodded in understanding.

 

“So… does this mean we are on a secret mission?” The dino asked excitedly as he thought about how Key would react while he played behind his back. He. He. He.

 

Onew nodded uncertainly as he stared at Jonghyun’s weird face with a ‘wtf?’ Expression.

 

“Okayayay! This is the plan!”

 

…Hushed whispers.

…Giggles.

…Evil laughs.

…Hushed whispers again

…Heads with hairs bobs up and down nodding.

 

Then a slap was heard indicating that Jonghyun and Onew high five-d each other.

 

“yeah! Have it ‘Lock up’ and make sure the-“ Onew pumped his fist up high again about the so-called wonderful plan but then he was cut off short when Minho entered the room.

 

“What’s to lock up?” The Tall guy absentmindedly asked his hyungs who seemed glued to their spots.

 

Weird.

 

“Oh… n-nothing..” Jonghyun waved his hand off indicating its nothing important.

 

‘yeah right Jonghyun hyung.’ Minho bluntly expressed in his mind.

 

“Really, its nothing. Its just about this thing that I can’t find the Key for, and Im just asking the dino about it.” Onew defended and smiled cheekily.

 

Minho blinked once.

 

‘Uh oh…he’s not buying it~!’ The hyungs screamed in their heads.

 

“Uh whatever. Im going to sleep. Night hyungs~!” Minho said as he made himself comfy on the bed and drifted off to sleep.

 

“mm! arasso… night dino, night keroro…” Onew waved and walked out the room.

 

“Night dubu Hyung…” Jonghyun and Minho said in harmony of sleepy voices as Onew smiled. Such sweet dongsaengs.

 

 

……….

 

The Sun shined brightly over the city of Seoul letting its people know that a new had indeed begun and yesterday’s activities were already the past.

 

The smell of waffles and pancakes filled the large apartment and disturbed the deep slumber of his companions.

 

Minho woke up first and went straight to the bathroom. He did his business there and went to the kitchen for breakfast.

 

“Morning Key… hyung.” Minho greeted Key with a hoarse deep voice as he sleepily rubbed his eyes.

 

“Morning Minho-yah~! Can you wake Taemin up for me?”

 

“What?”

 

Key smiled at Minho and nodded his head towards the second hall that led to their bedrooms.

 

“You heard me. Or… do you expect me to wake up Taemin with a boiling hot pan and a spatula!” The diva smiled warmly at the confused Minho. The latter nodded and walked off.

 

“Aigoo… Minho and Taemin. Its still obvious that they have a ‘thing’ yet they are soo stubborn to even admit it.”

 

Minho woke Taemin up and told him that breakfast’s almost ready. Just like that. And it broke Taemin’s heart… a little bit.

 

“No morning kiss?” Taemin mumbled softly as soon as Minho left the room. “Oh wait, why am I even asking for one?” He mentally slapped his-self and rushed to the bathroom.

 

Soon, everyone woke up and ate breakfast. Surprisingly, Jonghyun and Key didn’t bicker.

 

“Yah Dino! Can you speed up a little? You’ve been sitting you there for like 30minutes already and everyone is ready!” Key nagged again as he tapped his fingers on the table staring annoyingly at Jonghyun as the older one ate. But somehow… behind that cold stare is a warm one.

 

Or is the author just imagining? Hah! Right.

 

“Just shut up! Early in the bright goodie shinee morning and you’re nagging my ears out already~!!”

 

Maybe I spoke too soon?

 

Yes?

 

Yes.

 

 

But Jonghyun had a good vibe radiating around him and Onew too. But its only Key who noticed.

 

“Something’s up between those two…” Key mumbled softly as he took secret glances at the Pair who kept smirking at each other.

 

Taemin and Minho, on the other hand, is totally oblivious to what is happening around them. Minho walking quietly ahead with his Ipod in half blast to his ears, Taemin chatting with Key like normal while Jonghyun and Onew had a ‘small’ talk between them.

 

 

“So… Onew hyung! The 2nd to the last period araso?” Jonghyun shouted across the hall and waved ‘see-ya-later’ at Onew.

 

“Yeah~! Don’t forget as well!!!” He shouted back.

 

 

(timeskip- 2nd to the last period. Minho having Science with Jonghyun, Onew having Home Economics with Taemin. [is there such a subject in college? O.o oh well! Bear with me! :D ] )

 

Time with the plan

 

*Evil laugh*

 

Creepy…

 

….

 

Onew’s POV

So… I was looking at the clock the whole time who seems to move into a super slowmotion speed. Im waiting it to be 3:30 so that I can do my part of the plan.

 

Right now, its 3:27.

 

3minutes more…

2minutes…

1minute….

30 seconds….

15…

7…

4…

3…

2…

1!

 

I purposely took a sip from my juice that I bought this morning and ‘accidentally’ the bottle slipped off my hands.

 

The girls giggled thinking it’s my Sangtae.

No girls. You’re dead wrong.

 

“Mr. Lee, is there any problem?” Seuseungnim called my attention since I stood up suddenly.

 

“Ah… Chwesunghamnida (Im sorry). I’ll fix it.”

 

He nodded and went back to his paperworks. When everything is back to normal, I nudged Taemin who is quickly jolting down notes.

 

“Mm???” He mumbled in response, his eyes focused on the paper before him.

 

“Can you get the Mop in the storage room?”

 

“What?” he finally turned to face me with a confused gaze.

 

Right. He must be wondering what a mop is going to do with Home Economics.

 

“I spilled the juice accidentally and I don’t want to get out.”

 

“and?”

 

“I can’t go get it myself since Mr. Hwang needed a hand..” I used an excuse just to get Taemin out of the classroom and into the storage room.

 

As if on cue, Mr. ‘Hwang’ (or as Onew called him) called Mr. Lee’s attention once again, telling him to deliver the said pile of papers to Mrs. Jang, in the library.

 

“Arasso…” Taemin finally gave up and walked out of the classroom after he got the permission.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Okay, its finally time.

 

With my beloved Mrs. Geom’s help, I get to order Minho around the classroom. Okay, I sounded mean for my dongsaeng.

 

(don’t ask how I got her in the plan. I have a license to flirt okay?)

 

Mrs. Geom, our scientific teacher told Minho to find the old model (or painting that a student made before) of (inserts name of Chemicals) in the storage room. Ofcourse, she doesn’t need it, but Minho obeyed nonetheless. Ha!

 

Plan’s ongoing smoothly…

 

 

 

…………..

 

Taemin arrived first at the storage room and searched for a mop.

 

“I don’t see any mop around here…” He mumbled to himself and searched for a little more. When he finally gave up, he trotted towards the door but Minho came in looking for something.

 

“Taemin?”

 

“No. Jonghyun.” The younger one replied back playfully but sarcastically at his hyung.

 

“I’ll get going now hyung. See you around… I guess.” Taemin waved off and Minho nodded, approaching the stacks of piled up pictures and arts.

 

Taemin, seeing that the so-called mop is nowhere to be found, he planned on asking the School Social Tidiness Worker for it. But just he was about to step out of the wide open door it closed with a loud bang. Right in his face. Taemin coughed as a bit of dust made it’s way to his nose and tried to open the door. But to his surprise, it didn’t open.

 

It.is.locked.

 

“.” He cursed mentally as he heard Minho walking towards him.

 

“What happened?” His voice mixed with concern for Taemin and uncertainty since there might be a possibility of something bad.

 

“The door is locked.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 


Author's note:

Ohohoho... 2min's locked up in the storage room! Whats gonna happen in there eh?

Ideas?

Lol.

I know , I know, I haven't updated for like... 2-3 days?
But hey! Not my fault! The 1st day I was like... tired and my mom and I had this 'family-bonding' until midnight so I didn't get to type the story atleast. Then the second day My friend. BESTFRIEND actually, left and moved to Canada. Which means, no more 'see you in school!' thiingy. I cried. and because my mood is down, I didn't bother to type the chapter or atleast update it.

 

Since my mood is down, the chapter's mood will be down as well. Like... angst. and Im tired of angst already.

 

One more thing.
My comment box died eversince the last chapter.
What happened? :(

Aww... come'on readers! Comment please! It really makes me happy and I jump for joy everytime I see 'New comments' or my alert box. :)

I hope you like this chapter even though it is a 'fill-in'.
Expect the next chapter to be ...angsty?

I don't know.

Read on to find out. :)

 

Oh and sorry of there are any grammatical errors. Im in a hurry writing this and its freaking MORNING and Im still on the computer. kekeke. <3

 

I Love you readers~!