Chapter Two

"Standing in the Rain"

“Mianhe Taemin-ah… but I love Yoona now…”

 

WRONG.

 

Minho don’t love Yoona anymore. He just thought about it but in reality, no. His heart is with Taemin and not with that girl Yoona.

 

…….

 

A week had past and 2min finally crashed. Taemin didn’t go to school after that day and Minho is with Yoona. However, he didn’t know Yoona had something else in store for him.

It was a rainy Friday night, and Yoona called Minho for something so-called important date.

 

< Phone ring ~ !>

Minho looked at the caller ID and sighed. He wasn’t happy with Yoona. Atleast, that is what he think and feel.

“Yoboseyo?” He answered in a slightly drowsy voice.

“Minho Oppa? Gwenchana? You sound tired.”

“Ani… Im fine. What’s up?”

“Umm… Let’s meet at our favorite park. I have to tell you something…important. Palli! Im waiting~! Araso Oppa???”

“Mmm..”

“Arassooo… I’ll be hanging up now.”

“Yoona Sarang-“

< Beeep *End of phonecall* >

 

 

Minho sighed. Its always like this. Yoona would always hang up on him even before he could say ‘I love you’. But then, he did the same thing with Taemin before. He then walked into his closet and picked out a decent clothes to wear.

 

“This will do…” He mumbled to himself and took one last glance in the mirror.

 

“Whatever important ‘something’ that is, Im ready.” He spoke to his own reflection before heading out the door.

 

He arrived in the park and was greeted a hug by his girlfriend. He just smiled warmly and followed Yoona around the place while she continued to talk.

 

Atlast, they stopped near at the swings and Yoona happily sat on it, swinging herself slowly as she waited for Minho to do the same. When the guy finally got the message, he also sat and started swinging himself.

 

Just the presence of the swings made his heart clench.

 

‘This is the place Taemin loved the most aside from your tree. The place where he would always drag you and you both will have fun. You would always swing him up higher and make him lose his balance so that you can feel him in your arms. Don’t you miss him? Don’t you love him?’

 

Minho’s heart would always talk to him, reminding him of Taemin. The Heart’s talk was interrupted by the sound of Yoona’s voice and Minho turned his attention to her.

 

“Oppa… Im breaking up with you.”

“What?”

“OPPA. You heard me.”

 

She bluntly said and got up to walk away when Minho held her back.

 

“Why?” He asked. Though he really doesn’t care. At all. But he needed to know because she is the one leaving. Also, his voice sounded hurt, well that is, for Yoona’s ears. Suddenly she laughed maniacally.

 

Weird.

 

“Oppa, all these time you have been stupid?” She managed to say between laughs, resulting a confused Minho staring back at her.

 

When she managed to control herself, she continued.

 

“This is all revenge honey~! Sweet revenge. For what? For Taemin who took you away from me. Do you know the feeling of being left out by someone you love because of another guy? I loved you Minho, I thought you love me too, and everything is going well until that Taemin came!”

 

She shouted and pointed a finger at Minho while she is saying all those lines. Her tears threatened to fall but she did her best to hold it in. For she is the one winning, and Minho is losing.

 

“T-Taemin?” Minho managed to croak out his past lover’s name. Why him?

 

Yoona smiled coldly.

 

“Yes him. Why him? You may ask. Its because of you. Only you. And your relationship is something I dreamt of with you, to do with you, but it all turned out as nightmares. Im jealous of Taemin because he has someone to hold him every time. Someone who would kiss his tears away, someone who would laugh with him. And that someone is YOU. I envy him.”

 

After hearing those words, Minho boiled up as well. He didn’t mean to shout at Yoona (since he don’t shout at girls. He is a gentleman, he hated seeing girls cry.)

 

“What? Do you know you are the reason we parted?! You are the reason why we shattered!” He said as his deep serene voice grew louder with each word with his voice of mixed emotions.

 

“…and that was the plan.” Yoona proudly stated as she flicked her bangs clearing her face. Before she left , she said something else with a sweet voice everyone would think its real if you don’t know her any better.

 

“… and thank you for helping me accomplish it. Im grateful Minho, VERY grateful”

 

With that, she walked away.

 

- - - -

 

Minho stood still in the middle of the park and sobbed his heart out.

 

The dark clouds rolled over above him and lightning clashed, thunder resounded, and the rain grew heavier. He is soaked wet, but he doesn’t mind. He is also grateful for the sky to cry with him, atleast, he felt he is not alone.

 

‘This must be what Taemin feels when he cries in the rain…’

 

Minho can’t believe it. He lost Taemin, and was fooled by Yoona. He is just so stupid to not even realize it in the first place. He must be gullible enough to believe her lies.

 

“Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid…” He hit himself again and again with his hands.

 

All what he did to Taemin on their break up slapped him back in the face.

 

“Mianhe Taemin-ah… Minho hyung is so stupid…”

 

 

3 years later…

 

Taemin’s POV

 I smiled as I saw Key hyung enter my room.

 

“Taemin-ah… how are you feeling?” Hyung asked me as he placed the fruits on my side table.

 

“Im fine hyung! No worries. Taeminnie will get well soon…” I assured him and he gave me a tight comforting hug.

 

“Aigoo… my son. Im sorry hyung was not there to save you.”

 

“But Onew hyung is! Yah hyung, why are you crying?” I pulled away as I felt his tears wet my shoulder.

 

He just sniffed his tears and my door opened once again revealing my Onew hyung with my doctor.

 

“Hi Hyung! Good morning Doctor.”

 

“Anyongg Taeminnie…” Onew hyung said as he ruffled my hair. The doctor went to the bottom of my bed and examined my feet aswell as my legs. He started moving it while I sat still.

 

“How are you legs Taemin? Do you feel anything?” He asked me as he poked it.

 

I nodded hesitantly. He poked it again, and this time, I nodded surely.

 

“Good. Your getting better Taemin.” The doctor told us and excused himself out of the room.

 

“Ayi ~!! Taeminnie will be able to dance again!” Key hyung squealed as he suffocated me until I can’t breath.

 

“Yah Key, you’re killing your cousin” Onew hyung chuckled as he pulled Key away from me.

 

“Oh Mian..”

 

I sighed. Remembering on how I got this. Key Hyung, Onew Hyung and I are now here in America for my medications.

 

 

 

 

 

[Flashback – Seoul]

 I sniffed as I continued to walk in the rain crying my heart out. Minho hyung broke up with me. He broke up with me because of Yoona noona. And that realization just broke my heart from a million pieces to another million pieces, if that is even possible. Soaked wet I checked the time. I gasped. Its already 10pm, Key hyung must be dead worried now. (Since I have been out for 3 hours now).

 

I just walked aimlessly back home and I am crossing this big road. There isn’t much cars around so I decided it was safe. That is not until I heard some honking that I thought was on the other side. I wasn’t feeling well and I think I caught a cold. The honking became louder each second and I looked around to see what’s happening. With a blurry sight, I noticed a car coming in my direction but I was too weak to even run for my life. That is when I felt pain take over my body and my consciousness left me.

- - - 

I opened my heavy eyelids to be greeted by a blinding light, causing me to close them again. This time, I opened them slowly letting my eyes adjust to the brightness of the room. I looked around and noticed I am in a white room. Its all white and Im connected with tubes that is injected in my body or something. My eyes landed on a figure sleeping beside me. I nudged him awake.

 

It slowly moved and looked up to me. Oh. Its Key hyung.

 

“Taemin! On My Goodness! Thank God you’re alive!!! This is what Im telling you. Don’t go out in the rain! You worried me to death I thought you’re leaving me alone! How are you feeling? Do you need me to call the doctor?”

 

He ranted… more like nagged.

 

“Im fine hyung…” I forced a smile.

 

“You must be hungry. You’ve been asleep for almost 3 days now.” He said and got up reaching the prepared food.

 

“Hyung. What about you? Have you eaten?” I asked him as I took a bite. He just nodded and ushered me to continue eating. A knock was heard while I am in my eating with nagging special session.

 

Key hyung got up and went outside. After a few good minutes, I think maybe 15? He came in with a gloomy expression. Concerned, I asked him as I took a sip from my glass of water.

 

“Hyung, what happened?”

 

“Taemin… I… sorry… my… fault..” He broke down and sobbed. I wanted to get up to comfort him but I felt like… my legs are glued or something. I desperately tried moving them but I failed. I don’t want to panic but I can’t help it.

 

“Hyung!! Are you ok? What’s happening? I can’t move my legs… I can’t hug you. HYUNG!!”

 

“Taemin… the d-doctor s-said..”

 

“HYUNG!! Help me~!” I cried despteratly as I threw the white blanket aside causing the glass I was holding earlier crash to a nearby wall.

 

It made Key hyung jump in surprise and he immediately rushed to my side and hugged me, calming me down.

 

“Taeminnie, the doctor said you are pa-paralyzed… waist d-down…”

 

I finally broke into tears and hugged my Key hyung tight, burying my face in his shirt.

 

“No… No… NOOO!!!” I sobbed and shook my head.

 

I am paralyzed, waist down. And I can’t do the things I wanted to do. I c-can’t dance… the thought of me dancing just brought me deeper into tears. Dancing is my life. My only life. My life before is Minho hyung, but now he is gone. Dancing is the only one I am hanging on for but then… its also gone.. Why?! I can't believe this. I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE THIS.

 

And I can helplessly do nothing but Cry.

[End of Flashback]

 

So that is why we are here. We left Seoul as fast as we can so I can continue my medications here in US. The therapy is doing fine and I am looking forward to walk on my own feet again, not worrying my hyungs if I am going to the Comfort room or my own business. I have been a burden to them. Im making them carry me all over the place and I don’t want to make them suffer because of me. Thanks to them though, I am able to be happy and forget what happened 3 years back then.

(a.n: That's why Taemin didn't go to school after the day of their breakup. :] )

 

This week will be my last therapy session, and after that, I will be able to walk again. More over like dance again! I smiled upon the thought.

 

Key hyung is also deciding if we are to go back to Seoul for our studies.

 

(Author’s note: You must be wondering why Onew is in the story or how they met. Onew was the one who accidentally crashed Taemin. He was in a hurry that time because he forgot to turn off the oven where his grilled chicken is cooking. Just don’t ask why he is cooking chicken that time. Now, on the way, it rained hard and Onew hated rain. Thus he sped up. There are no cars that time so he thought it was safe. That is until the accident occurred. He found out that Taemin is his long lost brother after he donated his blood to Taemin, since the latter lost a lot of blood due to the impact. When he offered himself, the doctors found that their DNA matched. Thus, reuniting the Lee Brothers.) 

 

 


Author's note:
~Okay... so its not the happy ending you requested for so please don't bash me! *Puts arms over my head for shield~!*
I decided to cut the chapter here since I don't want you to burden in reading SUPER long chapters. :D
Also, Im SORRY for not updating for 3 days T__T
My mom and I went out for dinner and we're stuck in KFC (omo KFC! O.O) because of a tremendous, disastrous SANDSTORM! TT.TT Poor me... my hair is in a mess and Im covered in dirt. Lol.

And then the wifi is not available so I have to wait... again. ;(
But my appa bought a new internet so its all fixed.

 

IF YOU THINK IM NOT TYPING THE CHAPTER WHEN IM NOT ONLINE. you're wrong.
I type it in MS and its 6 pages long. o.o

 

:D

 

okie! I'll shutap now.
I LOVE YOU READERS!

btw, this is more like a filler chapter. :|
tell me watya think about it araso??!!!

I LOVE YOU~! AGAIN~! XD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edit: Check the Foreword for further announcements! Thank you!