Chapter Four

"Standing in the Rain"

“Yes?”

Minho’s heart thumped hard as he heard the soft fragile voice of Taemin ring in his ears. Trying to resist his arms in engulfing the younger one in a tight hug, he asked a simple question that meant big.

 

“How are you doing?”

 

‘How am I doing?! Do you know how much I’ve suffered because of you hyung~! I missed you so much I thought I’d die but then you are not beside me. And after being paralyzed for 2 years and a therapy for one whole year you’re asking me how Im doing?’ Taemin practically shouted in his head.

 

“Im… doing fine” He replied softly as he turned back to face the front.

 

“It’s been a while…” Minho continued to talk, changing his voice into a whisper knowing that their strict teacher would hear.

 

‘Yeah, its been a while Minho hyung. And that time is not enough. Im not even sure if I can talk to you. Maybe I should try to ignore him… Who knows what happened after that day. He might be married right now or something.’ Taemin replied in his head. Wether to ignore him or not, he is contemplating on his mind on what to do. He just shrugged at the idea he came up with and decided to just act it out.

 

“What do you mean by ‘its been a while?’” Taemin asked innocently.

 

Minho was taken a back by the reply, expecting that Taemin would only nod or reply saying ‘yeah’.

 

“You know… 3 years ago…” The older one trailed off unsure on what to say or do.

 

“3 years ago? Wae? What happened 3 years ago?”

 

‘Okay, Taemin is definitely playing around. Or… have he forgotten already?’ Minho asked himself as he stared back at Taemin.

 

“Uh… you and me. We..”

 

“I think you got the wrong person Minho-ssi.” Taemin cut him off and continued on his work. On the other hand, Taemin was fussing over himself on what he said.

 

‘Ugh… wrong wrong wrong. Pabo Taemin-ah…. You shouldn’t have said that… aish’

 

 

 

(timeskip)

The bell rang indicating its already lunch. Minho didn’t talk after that recent conversation with Taemin. Taemin walked out of the classroom in a hurry not wanting to deal with Minho anymore, but was stopped by Minho before he could even take a step out the door.

 

“Taemin-ssi.”

 

The younger one gulped, knowing that Minho turned formal when talking to him.

 

“Yes Minho-ssi?”

 

“Do you really not remember me?”

 

The question made Taemin unsure. What to answer. Yes? Or No.

 

“I do remember you Minho-ssi.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Neh. You were the guy who kept on bothering me ever since 1st period.”

 

Taemin answered innocently again. Minho sighed.

 

“I guess its harder than I thought.” Minho mumbled to himself quietly.

 

“Uh.. Pardon?” He shook his head and let go of Taemin, groaning in disappointment.

 

. . . . . . . .

 

Taemin and Minho was walking on their separate ways, both making their way to the school’s massive cafeteria. They paused on their tracks though, when they heard large gasps around the campus.

 

 

 

Key’s POV

I was looking frantically for Taemin, glancing in both left and right. I want to tell him that I saw Minho somewhere around the corner in the cafeteria and ask various questions. Like, where is Onew hyung. I haven’t seen the older male since morning.

 

Taking quick steps, I forgot to look front, that is when I bumped into someone.

 

“Aah!” I screamed as I lost my balance.

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Okay. I. saw. Taemin. Minho. Should. Know. This. Seriously, My bestfriends lovelife bothers me. I ran towards Minho who is on the other side of the world (hehe, that’s cafeteria.). But I didn’t see someone walking in the same direction as mine so I bumped into that person. The person lost his balance and I immediately took hold of him but I lost my balance as well so I fell with him. It happened so fast I don’t exactly know how or what happened (since I had my eyes closed when I fell), but I know something for sure.

 

Someone is kissing me.

Or is it?

 

I slowly opened my gorgeous eyes and they widened on who it was.

 

 

. . . . . . . . .

 

Minho and Taemin both went to the same direction where the scream is coming from and both froze at the same time. After 3 seconds they needed to think properly, both took action.

 

“HYUNG~!” They screamed at the top of their lungs as the two people, who lies on the ground, turned to look at them.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Minho scolded Jonghyun as he went near his hyung.

 

Jonghyun looked at him confused at first but when he realized on what position they are in, his eyes read the word: HELP!

 

Key raged as he harshly pushed Jonghyun off him causing Jonghyun to land flat on his . Key immediately stood up and started ranting.

 

“Yah! You! Dino-head! How dare you kiss me like that? Don’t you look at where you’re going? I lost my important first kiss and the worst thing is that I lost it to YOU! ERT!”

 

Everyone turned their heads to Key.

 

“WHAT?” Key barked.

 

Slowly, Jonghyun’s scared face turned into a playful smirk.

 

“Oooh… So that was your first kiss huh?” Jonghyun teased as he stepped closer to Key.

 

Key on the other hand, sent him sharp piercing laser glares.

 

“Hyung... let’s go now ~ ! ! !” Taemin whined as he pulled Key’s sleeves to make him go with him.

 

“No Taemin. I need to deal with this Dino.”

 

The latter sighed in defeat. Seeing this, Minho stepped in the middle of Jonghyun and Key.

 

“Hyung, let’s go. It’s getting late.” The older didn’t listen to him, and instead pushed him aside a bit harshly.

 

“No Minho. I need to get back to this Diva.”

 

The crowd seemed to shuffle, indicating there is someone coming. However, the four men didn’t notice it.

 

Jonghyun and Key is so engulfed in their glare battle that they forgot to speak.

 

“Key? Jonghyun? Wait… Minho?!” Someone else spoke up sounding giddy.

 

“ONEW HYUNG~!?”

 

“Onew hyung!” Minho rushed to his beloved hyung and gave him a hug, happiness evident in his face. Taemin stayed glued on his spot as he watched his Minho hyung acknowledge his Onew hyung.

 

“I missed you~! kekeke.. :P.”

 

“I know…”

 

Onew turned to look at Jonghyun and Key with a questioning stare.

 

“Nothing hyung.”

“Hyung. You know Minho and Jonghyun? How come you didn’t tell us sooner?” Key ranted once again.

 

“Do you really think I will tell you after what happened to Taemin?” Onew asked back.

 

“Oh…” was all Key can say.

 

The oldest then walked over to the youngest and ruffled his hair, taking him with him.

 

“Taeminnie, you hungry?”

 

“Neh hyung!”

 

“Araso… I’ll treat you banana milk since I’m not able to wait for you this morning!”

 

“Gomawo hyung!” Taemin squeaked happily as he skipped following his Onew hyung to the main cafeteria.

 

OUCH. OUCH. OUCH. (says Minho’s heart)

 

I HATE YOU. (says JongKey as they went to their separate ways.)

 

 

Minho’s POV

Ouch. I thought getting Taemin back is gonna be harder, but its already at its hardest state since he have Onew hyung now. Why didn’t hyung tell me he is with Taemin? Is it because of what had happened years ago? How come he know them?

 

Being as the possessive hyung I am, I feel jealous.

 

Why?

 

Because I should be the one doing THAT to Taemin.

 

(looks at Onew and Taemin laughing together. Sitting together. Taemin playfully hits his hyung as he drank on his milk watching Onew hyung eat his food.)

 

Sigh.

 

Im Jealous.

 

And that’s final.

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . .

 

Weeks past and Minho’s jealousy increased. He even pulled Taemin away from Onew which caused a little chaos between 2min.

 

Jonghyun and Key often quarreled whenever they are together. Be it in the classroom, hall, on the school gates, cafeteria etc. The college got used to it and even gave a nickname to the two. JongKey.

 

Onew was deciding wether he should tell the truth to everybody.

 

-         That Him, Jonghyun and Minho live in the same house.

-         That he is actually Taemin’s brother so Minho would stop being jealous.

 

 

Wondering how Onew came to know JongHo?

 

Its actually like this.

 

Jonghyun’s parents are bestfriends with Onew’s Foster Parents (or the people who adopted him), making Jonghyun and Onew childhood friends. Minho came to the scene when they were 5 and came to know that their parents are bestfriends or business partners so they became Childhood friends until now. Onew, on the other hand, met his long lost brother Taemin and his cousin Key because of the accident.

 

Right now, Onew is living with his childhood bestfriends (he transferred a few days after he came back from the US with TaeKey) since he already moved out of his parents den and is lazy to even look for a new home.

 

The apartment is actually massive. With 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, one complete Kitchen, a good massive living room and a guest room. (that’s what you get when your parents runs a company. Lol )

 

(a.n: Its hard to explain. Lol. Just ask me some questions if it confuses you.)

 

 

 

. . . . . .

 

Key stretched as he walked numbly towards their apartment with Taemin.

 

“Are you tired hyung?” Taemin asked as he stifled a yawn.

 

Its been a long day for them, specially when you can hear JongKey’s bickering echoing all over the campus.

 

When they finally reached their home, their eyes widened on the sight before them.

 

The landlady is moving out their things.

 

More like ransacking it but that isn’t the case.

 

“Ahjumma! What are you doing?!” Key frantically waved his hands up stopping the old lady.

 

“Moving your things out obviously”

 

“ But But we paid for this month already! We PAID the proper full amount? What is this?!” Key barked as the ahjumma patiently listened to him.

 

“Look Boy, Im sorry to do this but someone already rented this place. They are willing to pay a higher price and I readily accepted it. Besides, the rent I gave you is too low! Im losing profit!”

“Ahjumma, we are just college students! We can’t afford that high of a price!” Key tried reasoning out.

 

“That’s why Im kicking you out.”

 

“But-“

 

“No more buts. My deciscon is final! No Get OUT!”

 

Key sighed in disappointment as he took a glance at Taemin. The younger one is obviously worn out and is in lack of sleep, since he needed to do a lot of catching up in the lessons he missed.

 

They can’t obviously sleep out in the streets.

 

“Hyung, do you think we can sleep in Onew hyungs place?”

 

Key snapped out of his thinking stance.

 

Taemin’s right.

 

“Good idea.” He nodded and dialed their Hyung’s number.

 

 

 

Onew’s POV

I was watching Starking when my phone rang. I took a glance at the Caller ID and since it was Key, I answered it.

 

“Hey Key!”

“Hey Hyung…”

“What made you call me?”

“Hyung, can I ask a favor? For Taemin and I.”

“Sure! Anything for you both.”

“Uhh… can we stay at your place?”

“WHAT?!”

 

I screamed unexpectedly, causing Minho to wake up who is sleeping on the couch.

 

“Whats that hyung~?” He sleepily asked as I mumbled nothing. He nodded and went back to his slumber.

 

“Hyung! Who’s that?” Key asked on the other line.

“Uhh.. no one.” I lied.

“Oh.. ok. Whatever you say. We are on our way now araso? Bye!”

“Wait Key! You can’t-“

< Beeep! *end of phonecall* >

 

Aigoo… what to do? They don’t know that these guys live with me too!

 

 

. . . . . . . . .

 

Key and Taemin arrived at the apartment Onew is staying and rang the doorbell.

 

*ding dong ~!*

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I was taking my leisure when the annoying doorbell rang. Aish, who can this be? I wasn’t expecting anyone to visit us at this time.

 

I ignored it and snuggled closer to my pillow.

 

*ding dong~!* *ding dong ~!*

 

I sat up in my bed and groaned in annoyance. Why aren’t anyone answering the damn door?!

 

I stood up and stomped my way out of my room. I took a glance in the living room and saw Minho sleeping peacefully while he left the TV on. Onew hyung is… pacing back and forth while biting his nails worrying about something. What is he worrying about anyway?

 

Tsk.

 

Like I care.

 

I walked up to the door and was about to turn the handle when Onew hyung stopped me.

 

“No! Wait!”

 

“Whaaaaat?”

 

“You can’t!”

 

“Whyy?????”

 

“Just don’t!”

 

“Tsk… whatever.”

 

I opened the door wide.

 

Uh oh.

 

I should’ve listened to hyung instead.

 

There, in front of me, is Key with his arms on his hips. Trailing beside him is Taemin who looked confused. Obviously.

 

“Why are you still on your uniform?”

 

“Why do you care?”

 

Good Question Key. Why do I care???

 

I looked down thinking and I noticed something new.

 

“What’s with the luggage?”

 

“We are moving in duh~!”

 

“MOVING IN!??!!”

 

 

 

. . . . . . .

 

The noise woke up Minho and he glanced up to see Jonghyun screaming with some guy outside. He stood up and approached Jonghyun asking whats happening.

 

“Hyung… what’s with the – …. Taemin?”

 

Key gave him a look.

 

“Aren’t you going to let us inside?”

 

“Why should we?”

 

“Well??”

 

“… ok”

 

Jonghyun made way for Key and Taemin to pass. When they are finally inside, Key rushed to Onew and began hitting him.

 

“Yah Yah Yah~! It hurts!” The older one begged.

“YOU! EXPLAIN THIS!” Key roared.

 

“Key, Taemin, look, Im sorry I didn’t tell you anything about this.” Onew apologized as he rubbed his sore arm, he then continued. “I live with them”

 


Busted~!

Lol.
I know, Crappy Chapter.
Don't kill me~!
I just don't want to add more angst so I want to put some romantic things for the following Chapters. :)

What do you think of my writing style?

Is it boring?

Im slightly confused aswell.

I have 18 subbies but I only get a few comments :(

I sometimes wonder if anyone is even reading my fanfic. T__T

This is actually a 9 page Chapter, but I still feel its short. lol ^^

Oh well. I'll try to update soon! :D

Comment as well!
It'll make me happy~! :D

I love you readers~!!