Chapter one

"Standing in the Rain"

Taemin giggled over the cheekiness of his hyung, and it surprised him because Minho wasn't like this around others. That alone made him special. The Minho everybody knows is serious, straight faced, only smiles when needed, glares often and at times... cold hearted. But that old frame began to crack when Taemin entered his life.

Minho, on the other hand, never felt very happy in the past relationships he had. Its not him who leaves, its always the girlfriend. And when that person leaves him, he always fall on the other arms of those people who only breaks his heart later on. That situation confuses him as a playboy. Ok, maybe he should admit that he is the first one to start it by saying 'I don't like you anymore.' and the girl is the one who ends it... more likely with a 'fine. You are worth of no good anyway...' or ' waste of my time'

 

Its the weekends and the two grasped this opportunity to be together. Without Minho's Bestfriend Jonghyun who invites him to party, and without Taemin's cousin, Key, who usually nags at him if he is ever to go out with his friend, how much more with his boyfriend?

As the usual, Minho took Taemin to their special park. The Park where they had met, the park where they became friends, the park where they confessed to each other, the park where they had their first kiss, the park where they fought small arguements, the park where they reconciled. Minho even imagined that this will be also the place where he will propose to Taemin.

 

"Hyung! To the swings~!" Taemin chirped happily as he dragged his boyfriend to the swing. Minho would know what is gonna happen next, so he began pushing Taemin even if the latter objected.

"No~ Hyung! You get the other swing! We should Swing together~!" Taemin whined and pleaded but Minho ignored his cute whinning. For others, it would have sounded irritating, but for Minho, its his music to his ears.

Not surprisingly, Minho purposely pushed Taemin higher causing the boy to yelp and lose his balance. He would always then fall into Minho's arms and the older one would always give him a peck.

Taemin pouted. His hyung won't go with the swing with him, and now he fell. Wether this is in purpose or not, he doesn't mind anyway, as long as it is his Minho. HIS Minho.

 

"Keke... you always fall for me Minnie-yah.."

"Oh just ... hyung! Your waaay to cheesy at times!"

 

Minho chuckled and carried him to the tree where their heart and names are engraved.

They sat down on the green grass and leaned to the tree with their hands entertwined with each other. Gaps being closed perfectly. Its as if their fingers are molded just specially for each other. They stayed like that for some good minutes before Taemin spoke up.

 

"Hyung... do you think we would last forever?"

Minho stiffened a bit and his mother's words replayed in his head.

 

"There is no such this as forever Minho-yah. Forever is to far to even think of, and everything has an ending. Wether soon or later, its not always us who decide. "

 

"Mmm..." Minho nodded in responce and Taemin sat up straight quite surprised since Minho doesn't really believe in these things.

"Really hyung?!"

"Look... Taemin-ah, forever is such a long way to even look at, I doubt if forever even exist but as long as we are together, I'll hold you in my arms and never let go. I'll never leave you Taemin. Never."

"Promise hyung?"

"Promise."

 

Taemin held his pinky in a sign of their promise but this time, its Minho's turn to whine.

"Taeminnie~!... thats too childish! Only kids do that pinky promise."

"Wow hyung. Waaay to ruin the moment. Just do it pleeease?"

 

Once again, the younger did his best aegyo that he knew Minho could never resist. His fake teary eyes and puppy eyes.

"Nope.. not gonna fall for it."

Taemin blinked and his eyes got wetter and he pouter even more.

Minho shook his head. Taemin let his tears fall and he let out a small cute whimper.

"Seriously hyung, if you don't fall for this you don't love me anymore."

 

Minho sighed in defeat and hugged his Taemin.

"Aish... my weakness for cute things..."

"Realy Hyung? Really?"

That's when the older one did the Pinky promise. Taemin giggled saying its finally finalized but Minho shook his head disagreeing.

"We should seal the pinky promise with a kiss to make it final."

He stated and leaned in.

"A kiss? What fo-"

Taemin's question was cut of when Minho's moist warm lips planted itself on his own. His eyes fluttered close as Minho moulded his lips and then broke into a smile.


"Haha Hyung. Cheesy..."

"You have to deal with it! Merong!"

 

- - - - - -

A few days had passed and Taemin noticed something different. His Minho is acting quite wierd and it bothered him a lot. First of all, when he would say I love you, the older one would just nod his head and give him a quick kiss. Minho doesn't hold him much anymore and it created a gap in his heart that grew bigger each day. And... he even saw Minho surrounded by girls but he is not even doing a thing to shoo them away. This alone made the hollow gap in his heart grow deeper and bigger.

 

Now, it was a tuesday morning and  Taemin just arrived at the school gate with a giddy smile. Why? Today is their anniversary. 1st anniversary, and it made the younger one become more more hyper knowing that its Minho's first time in a relationship to last that long, since in his past, his girlfriends would only last a month, or even weeks.

He was expecting Minho to be at the gates waiting for him (like always) but that is not the thing that happened. He ran to their classroom, his locker, the hall, their usual spot where his shinee hyungs hang out, but not even the shadow of Minho popped out.

 

"Maybe he is going to surprise me?" Taemin asked himself as he tilted his head in confusion. "Yep!! He is gonna surprise me~! Kekekeke.." He cheered himself up as he nodded his head, ignoring the pang of pain in his heart, knowing the possibilities that his lover would have forgotten their special day. He just mumbled to himself, "He's gonna surprise me... like always in the monthsaries..." but then slowly became "He loves me... minho hyung loves me... right?"

Just by thinking of that made tears fall down his soft pale cheeks and he quickly covered his face with his long bangs. But then he heard the melodious laughfter of his hyung and looked up. But the scene only made him cry more.

Minho, with his ex-girlfriend, Yoona. HOLDING HANDS, and smiling.

That day, Taemin went home crying to a puzzled Key.

 

- - -

"It's not fair Taemin-ah~! Its always you who keep on understanding! You can't let him slide this time." Key outraged as he gripped tightly on his spatula. After Key asked the problem from a sobbing Taemin, the answer angered him ofcourse. Since Minho disobeyed the number one rule : Don't break my Taebaby's heart.

"But - but I might have misunderstood it! Maybe they just reconciled and they were just friends and-"

"Taemin... where do you find friends who smile at each other while holding hands with his arm on her waist. Are freakin' crazy? Or has love polluted your mind that you forgot about yourself?!"

Taemin sobbed again as the picture of his Minho hyung and Yoona flashed back on his mind.

Key sighed.

"You'll have to tell him someday Taemin. You shouldn't keep the pain to all yourself" He said and hugged his 'cousin' tight while the latter continued in crying on his Key hyung's shoulder.

 

<< Phone ring~! >>

Taemin pulled out his cellphone and stared at the caller ID. Seeing the pained look on his cousin Key immediatly guessed it was Minho. He nodded telling Taemin he should answer it and the younger one complied.

Clearing his voice, Taemin spoke.

"Yo-Yobeoseyo?"

"Taemin? Taemin-ah... are you crying?"

"A-ani hyung, why would I cry for?" Taemin said trying to sound cheerful.

"Araso... Im here in your favourite steak restaurant!"

"Oh..."

"Im waiting here for you araso? Come quickly! Its... something serious."

"Uh.. neh hyung~! I will..."

"Mm.. I'll be hanging up now."

"Hyung Sarang-"

< beeep * end of call * >

 

"Hyung, I'll be going out to meet Hyung now. He is already waiting for me."

"Are you sure? I mean, I think you are not ready yet to face him after what happened earlier. You know, just cancel your date with him. Then you should rest-"

"Key Hyung~~!! I will be fine!! I think... I know what he is going to tell me." Taemin tried in calming the nagging from his Older hyung.

"What if... he is goind to br..e.a" Key gulped down his words, unsure if he should ask the question. However, Taemin boldy continued his sentence.

"Break up with me?" The Hyung nodded in affirmative.

"I think... I'll be able to handle it."

 

- - -

 

 Minho smiled as he saw Taemin step out from the taxi, his heart thumping loudly from what's gonna happen later.

"Taemin-ah... you came."

"Ofcourse. Why would I not come. I never left you alone... did I hyung?"

Taemin's cold reply sent shivers down Minho's spine. He his dry lips and gulped.

 

"So... why are we here hyung?" His lover asked as soon as they finished ordering.

"Huh? What do you mean Minnie-yah?"

Taemin just replied with a shrug and took a sip from his water.

 

The food arrived and Minho started to dig in. Taemin, however, had lost his appetite ever since he came. There is this disturbing feeling that kept of bothering him when he saw Minho hesitantly hug him earlier.

"Uh... Taemin."

"Hmm?" Taemin looked up from the trance he is in and looked at Minho, their eyes locking. Minho looked away and shifted in his seat, before continuing his plan.

"Taemin... all these times that I am with you really affected me. You showed me how to love selflessly and how I should open up and see the beauty. Your laugh and your whinning are the music in my ears and I never regretted the times we have been together. I ... just .."

"Why can't you just go straight to plan Hyung??!" Taemin asked demandingly as he once again looked at the older guy straight into the eyes.

Minho, on the other hand, slightly jumped in his seat at Taemin's sudden outburst.

 

- -

"Aish... how will Taemin cope with the situation..." Key paced back and forth once he heard the thunder and lightning outside. Drops of Rain finally dropped as if telling Taemin that its fine to cry. That he is not alone. The rain grew heavier with each second and Key hopelessly stared into space.

"Hope he really meant it when he said he could handle it..."

- -

 

Taemin stared into the space, watching the rain drops splash on the sidewalk while waiting for Minho to finish beating around the bush.

"... Im breaking up with you."

Finally, he said it. Taemin turned to face his hyung, tears threatening to fall. But he held it in.

" I... understand."

"Bwoh?! What? What do you mean?"

"HYUNG. You heard me..."

 

Minho stared at Taemin in shock. He is expecting Taemin to refuse and be stubborn... not letting him go easily. He just watched as Taemin stood up from his seat and went out to the drizzling rain. That is only the time Taemin let his tears fall.

The older one stood up and watched Taemin turn back, soaked wet and smiled painfully waving goodbye. However, he did not notice the tears rolling down his pale cheeks, mistaking it for the rain. Taemin walked once again, this time, further away from him.

 

- -

Instead of going straight away home, he stopped by at the park. The park where the most memorable memories of his life lies.  He sat on the nearest bench and cried his heart out, letting the sky cry with him.  Little did he know Minho followed him all the way, shedding his own tears as he watch the boy he loved cry.

 

"Mianhe Taemin-ah... but I love Yoona now..."

 

 


Yay! The first chapter. I know.. dramatic. -.- But thats how its supposed to be! :D
Now I ask you... Happy ending or sad?
comments are loved! <3
Await the next chapter.

 

-jinijungminhooo <3 <3 <3