chapter 5

The Tree Who Loved Him

Krystal pov~~

Luckily, I can't feel the cold. I guess it's a tree thing. I've tried feeling trees before and It didn't feel that cold. Maybe I should ask whether the other trees felt cold. At that thought, I thought of two things:

1. God, I can't even talk.

2. Were the other trees humans before? Can they sense it?

The second thought made me wonder. I gazed at the other trees. Did I look like them? I sighed, then struggled to move for the upteenth time. How did I become a tree again? Is it possible Yuri made this happen? A more important question entered my mind. What is Jessica feeling right now? What is Sulli doing? Are they calling the police? What is Minho thinking?

The thought of Minho made my wooden heart ache. What did Yuri say to Minho? Why didhe walk away without me?

Sulli pov~~

What countries would I fly to if I wanted to run away from home? Krystal could've gone back to the states. She says she misses home a lot. But that would be what we would first suspect. She might've picked somewhere where we wouldn't suspect a thing. Japan maybe? That was her favorite country.

Aigoo, why did I make such a hard promise? I can't break promises. I sent Krystal and email, not sure in the least that Krystal would bother with it. I went back to sleep.

Krystal pov~~

Do trees go to sleep? I don't think so as I'm not tired at all. And I guess it's the middle of the night. I wished I paid attention to my science more. What will Jessica tell my boss? Not that i care about that place. I would've quit the next day.

The next day....

What am I going to do tomorrow? Am I gonna remain like this forever? What did I do to deserve this? Am I gonna be cut down? Cut down?! It's the fate of every tree! I know so because I use to see people cut down every tree separately, when they're too tall.

I'm gonna die soon. By an axe, or woodcutter, or whatever they use to cut down trees! And I can't do anything about it!