chapter 3

The Tree Who Loved Him

Krystal pov~~

What happened to me? Why can't I move? What was the thing Yuri wanted to show me? Why am I taller? I tried to call out to Yuri, to say that something weird happened to me. I couldn't talk though. I couldn't feel my lips. Am I numb? It wasn't cold here. What happened?

I felt something furry on me. I craned my neck to see what it is. I couldn't feel my neck though. As it climbed higher, I realized it was a squirrel. Why was a squirrel on me? I thought squirrell's were afraid of humans. It climbed on top of my head and I saw it no more. I felt a slight pain and a little kid ran up to his friend and showed him a stick. I suddenly felt weird. What did Yuri do to me? Did she-no. My heart should be thumping hard right now but I couldn't feel my heart. I couldn't feel anything.

I saw from far away, Minho searching around, possibly looking for me. I wanted to tell but I couldn't. Yuri spoke to him and then they left. Minho looked back and went off into the night, with his arms around Yuri.

My thoughts focused on the branch he kid showed his friend. Now I knew it. I knew what I had become.

I was a tree.

Minho pov~~

I woke up and found that Krystal had gone. Did she leave me here? I called her cell but found that she left her purse. Did she leave because of my outburst? I wished I hadn't said it. What was I thinking? I was getting engaged to Yuri. And speaking of Yuri..

"I'm sorry I'm late," said Yuri. "I just saw these shoes and this dress I wanted to buy and I couldn't resist. And the bargaining took a long time. So, let's go and make some pasta. Where's Krystal?" I shook my head. "I have no idea. I was asleep and when I woke up, she wasn't there." I didn't tell her about what I said to her.

"Krystal must be tired of being your friend. She told me she's moving out of the country, without telling her family and friends. She said she doesn't want to be with someone like you and she would do anything to get away from cheating men. I tried to stop her but she packed her bags and it was too late. She called the taxi. Why would she call you a cheater?" i felt my heart drop and shatter. Just because of that statement, she left? And called me a cheater?

"C'mon, I'll make you pasta, okay?" She held his hands and left the park. She was the only one I have now.