chapter 1

The Tree Who Loved Him

Krystal pov~~

"Jessica, I really do need a lift. Do you know how far my work is from here?" I complained. Jessica shook her head. "You really do need a walk. I've been driving you everywhere everytime. It's less then a mile from here. You're overexaggerating." I guess I am. But still. Do I really have to walk? "I guess I'll have to stop at Minho's house then," I said. Jessica didn't seem bothered by this. "I'm pretty sure Minho's not a . You can visit him." Argh.

"Have fun as a resturaunt waitress."

~at the resturaunt~

"Hey! My drink looks like slime!"

Pardon? Is that really how people ask for help? They're gonna have to find out the proper way. So I ignored them and went back in the kitchen. I felt a hand hit my cheek. "How dare you ignore that man?! Grab his glass and empty it outside! And come back later." I rushed back to the dining room and took the glass. I ran outside and didn't see where to empty it. I poured it down behind a tree and went back to the kitchen. The boss was already angry at me.

"Is this how you start your first day at work? You do not ignore people when they ask for help."

"They didn't exactly ask for help. They just said their drinks were like slime." I got hit again. "It doesn't matter how they ask it. So long as they do it. Now you'll have to wash the dishes. How nice. The staff will be taking a break." Why do I have to wash the dishes? God, I hate this job. At least take pity on the newbie.

~after work~

I took a visit to Minho's house. I wanted to tell him about work and the horrible experience of washing dishes. The only good thing to come of that story however, is how impressed he'll be that I got a job.

Ah there it was. A nice subarban house with fresh paint. I knocked on the door and waited. The person who opened it was not Minho though. It was Yuri. I remebered how she use to scowl whenever I came in. How did Minho not notice that? Guess she was a good actor.

"Oh, I guess you're here to hear the great news. Or did Minho not tell you yet?" What was she talking about? Minho came in the doorway and beckoned for me to come in. "I'm glad you're here! I wanted to tell you that I'm getting married. To Yuri." What? I felt my stomach sink. "That's right." Yuri kissed Minho and sent me a gloating smile. "In about a month."

A month. Not a lot of time for me to spend time with him anymore. Yuri would just ban me, as his wife. "Con..gratulations." I tried to send him a warm smile but it came out more a grimace. "I'd better leave now. Bye." The door shut behind me.

Jessica pov~~

Krystal was early. I thought she'd be hanging out at his house for an hour. She and him would have so much fun together. Why was she so subdued though?

As if listening to my thoughts, Krystal said,"Minho's getting married to Yuri."

What? Poor Krystal.