First Encounter

Glimmer of Hope

N/O's POV (present time):

The shuffling of feet broke Hana's concentration on her note book.

"Huh?", Hana lifted her head up, "Oh, lunch time already?"

She got to her feet and started slowly packing her books into her bag.

"Hm, what should I do for Junhong this afternoon...?"

Deep in thought, Hana started slowly making her way towards the door when something in the corner of her eye caught her attention. She turned to spot a blonde head in the desk right behind hers. She slowly made her way towards the still figure.

"Who's this? I don't think I've ever seen him before...", Hana took a closer look, gently pushing the stranger's bangs aside. Before she could catch a glimpse of his face, a loud snore erupted from the small body. Startled, she jumped and backed up.

"I-I should leave", Hana turned and quickly headed for the door.

Halfway down the hall, guilt nagged at her.

"....Maybe I should wake him up. He needs to eat lunch as well...but he's sleeping...", taking a few more steps away from the classroom.

Finally making up her mind, she timidly made her way back into the room.

Hana stood beside the blonde boy, "...excuse me..." she whispered almost inaudible. 

The body didn't budge.

She tapped his shoulder lightly, "Excuse me, but...it's lunch...I don't mean to disturb your nap or anythi--"

The body started to shift and stir.

"Huh? What? Where am I?", Joe ruffled his hair and rubbed his face. Standing up, he looked around the room, at last, noticing it's empty.

"Where did everyone go? I'm alone...", he made a small pout before straightening himself up again.

"I guess it's lunch time", he shrugged as he picked up his backpack and headed out.

"Oh wait, didn't someone wake me up?", he took one last glance around the room, "...or I'm just crazy..."

When he was sure no one was left, he strolled out.

Stepping out from the shadows of a row of lockers, Hana held onto her chest and let out a big sigh. A weird warm, tingly feeling brought an unknowing smile onto her face. Noticing it, she supressed the smile and continued down the hall.

Trudging towards her locker, Hana spun her combination in. Dumping her books out, she grabbed her sack lunch and slammed it shut. She looked both ways down the hall to make sure everyone was in the cafeteria and no one was left wandering around. Hana quickly and cautiously jogged towards the restroom. Carefully opening the door, she peeked in to make sure there were no girls left lingering inside. After making sure it was clear, Hana sighed in relief and entered one of the stalls.

Hana unwrapped her lunch, "Mm, buttered bread. Again", she muttered as she bit into the stale bread.

From outside the doors of the restroom, Daehyun stepped down from the staircase.

"...not again...", he mumbled. He had followed and watched everything from Hana's locker, all the way to the restroom just now.

Youngjae peered over Daehyun's shoulders, "Oh, who are we spying on here?...was that the infamous powerless girl?"

"Don't. Call. Her. That.", Daehyun snapped at his best friend.

"Woah, man. Okay. My bad", Youngjae backed up lifting up both of his hands signaling surrender.

"Whatever, let's just get going", Daehyun casually walked off as if nothing ever happened.

"Wow, bipolar AND stingy", Youngjae smiled, sticking out his tongue and putting his arms behind his neck, "Totally hot on a dude. Haha, right, Daehyun?...Daehy--...YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN, WAIT UP!"

~ ~ ~

"Wahhh~", Hana stepped out of the school with outstretched arms and a cheesy smile, "It's finally over!"

Walking down the street, she quietly made a grocery list in her head.

"Okay, Daehyun left a note in my locker mentioning something about staying back at Youngjae's. Ah, how nice! Chaerin should be home by the time I get home, and I'm sure Junhong's going to stay back to play with his friends. Perfect, that way, I can stop by the market and pick up something special for Junhong!"

Humming, Hana strolled into the local market. Browsing the aisles, Hana held out all the money she had and started counting it.

*Hm, maybe if I have enough, I could pick up a little treat for Junhong...it's not everyday you turn 16 and get your powers!*, Hana thought to herself and smile instantly lit up on her face.

There was low growl to her left, she turned and faced an irritated store owner.

*Uh-oh, he doesn't look very happy...I should probably hurry...*

Hana strolled along, eyeing every item wisely. Looking through the pastry aisle, then the treats, then finally the vegetables, Hana found the perfect gift.

*THIS! This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Junhong's all time favorite, cherry tomatoes!*

"Excuse me", Hana picked the delectables delicately and brought it to the register, "How much are these?"

The man eyed her as if she was about to grab the box and run off with it.

"Excuse me, ajusshi?"

"They cost more than your life", he grumbled.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said they cost 5 dollars!", he snapped.

Hana gapped at the man's reply.

*5 dollars? Just for this small box of cherry tomatoes...? Well...I guess because they are...pretty fresh and nice looking..."

Hana looked at the little money she had in her hands and frowned a bit.

*...no more than less than 3 dollars...*

Hana looked up with a new determination, putting on a sweet, innocent smile.

"Ajusshi, can you lower the price for me plea--"

"What do I look like to you, begger?! If you don't have enough, scram! Go search in the garbage! You're ruining business for me!", the man yelled.

Hana lowered her head, "I'm sorry, sir...."

As she turned to walk out, a hand reached out and stopped her.

"What gives you the right to speak to a lady like that?", the mysterious person placidly asked the owner.

Looking up, Hana couldn't believe her eyes.

________________________________________________

A/N: Hiiii ^^ Chapter 4 up! Hope you enjoy :D

-NeverLookBack