Family First

Glimmer of Hope

A/N: Double update due to our day off ^^ Oh, and I've changed it. There are no ratio of more guys than girls. It'll be equal now. Sorry ><

                                                                                                                                                                        

Kim Hana's POV:

Beep.   Beep.   Beep.

I slapped my alarm onto the floor as I silently dragged myself out of bed while trying not to disturb the sleeping body next to me. I picked up the alarm and set it back on the table. I looked at the date on the clock and suddenly, I remembered.

*Oh! It's time to make Junhong's favorite breakfast!~*

I ran to the hallway bathroom and rushed through my daily morning routine. I quickly headed downstairs while advoiding the creaky steps into the small, but cozy and tidy kitchen. *I picked up enough ingredients for blue berry pancakes...or so I hope*

*Okay, let's get started!* I clapped my hands together and smiled. *He will definitely love it!*

~45 minutes later~

*AISH! Was it...no...or...no, it can't be! How was it done? I'll just open this can of blueberries and I should call--*

Two hands shook my body, "Boo!"

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!", I jumped.

"Hehe, whatcha doin'?", asked a cheeky girl called my sister.

I held onto the left side of my chest trying to calm down my nerves.

"CHAERIN!"

Chaerin continued to giggle.

"That's me!"

"Ugh, IMMA GET YOU", I started chasing Chaerin around the first floor.

"CHAERIN, STAND AND FIGHT LIKE A WOMAN!"

"Hana! Don't you want to finish up the disaster you created?"

*Gasp* That brought me back to what I was doing before.

"Junhong's breakfast! Chaerin, hurry and come help me!"

"I don't want to help a ghost face"

I looked into the hall mirror. My whole face was covered in flour.

"Ha ha, very funny. Help me wipe it off"

While grabbing a towel, red stains started spotting it.

"Huh?", I looked at it puzzled.

"Unnie, is something wron-- Unnie! Are you okay?! Did I do that? Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Let me hel--"

"OH, it's okay. It's just a small cu--"

"No it's not! Here, let me wrap it up for you"

"Chaerin, it's okay"

"Let's hurry and finish Junhong's breakfast and we can fix this"

~ ~ ~

After what seemed like an eternity, the breakfast was finally set. A small glass of orange juice and four steaming blueberry pancakes.

"Do you think Junhong's awake yet?", I asked.

"Asleep or not, he'll surely wake up for this", Chaerin replied confidently.

"Okay, let's go!"

I climbed up the stairs carefully with the pancakes and walked down the hall past the left door which was Chaerin and my own room, towards the door on the right which belonged to her other two younger brothers, Daehyun and Zelo. The door next to theirs were our fathers, who were rarely ever home, leaving that room untouched. The last door at the end of the hallway was our mother's, a story not mine to be told.

Chaerin opened the door to Daehyun and Zelo's room, and we both slowly and silently tip toeing in. I walked over to Daehyun's bed, nudging his sleeping body.

"Yah, Daehyun. Daehyun, wake up!", I whispered. He pulled his covers over himself. 

*Aish, such a heavy sleeper. Just like his father.*

"Chaerin, you get him"

Chaerin walked over, "Daehyun Oppa, please walk up. Pali~"

"This isn't working", I walked over and nudged Chaerin aside. I lifted up my foot and kicked Daehyun onto the floor.

"Rrngg~ What the...WHO TH---" "Oh shut up, Daehyun. You're going to wake up Junhong"

"Goodmorning, oppa!", Chaerin chimed with a bright smile.

Daehyun rubbed his blond head. "Oh, hey, morning...WAIT, is that...blueber--"

"SHHH!"

"Oh, and oppa, can you take a look at Hana's cut really fast? There was a little accident..."

"No, no, it's fine Daehyun, it was nothi--"

"Let me see", he grabbed my hand wrapped in a towel and unwrapped it, "Oh..."

In a blink of an eye, a warmth engulfed my bleeding cut and in an instant, it grew smaller until it disappeared, leaving no trace.

"Thank you Dae--"

"You were about to get an infection. Stop wasting my powers just because you don't have your own"

"Oppa! It was my fault!", Chaerin immediately felt guilty.

"No, it's mine. I'm sorry...", I mumbled, "Let's just wake Junhong up"

All three of us slowly made our way towards Zelo's part of the room. I bent down with the plate of pancakes, and within second, Zelo sat straight up. He sniffed the air with his eyes still closed.

"Hm, it this a dream...? But the fragrence...it's so real...so beautiful...I can practically taste it in my mouth...", he said while drooling all over his blanket.

"Junhong, just open your eyes, will you?", I said while poking his face.

His eyes snapped open.

"It is real..."

"Happy Birthday, Choi Junhong!~", we all said in unison.

Zelo looked up, "Awe, shucks! Thank you! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" He said while pouncing onto all of us.

"GROUP HUG~"

"Arrgg, wae--" "Shut up Daehyun hyung and just enjoy it!"

"Guys, let's go downstairs so we don't make a mess", I announced motherly like.

"Okay!", everyone chorused.

While the boys freshened up, me and Chaerin made our way downstairs.

"Oh, Hana, isn't today your first day?"

"It's all of ours, silly"

"Oh...", Chaerin pondered for a while, "Wait, what time are we suppose to leave?"

I looked up, thinking, "Ah, around 7:30"

"HANA, it's 7:20! Hurry! Get dressed and get going!", Chaerin anxiously nagged trying to take the plate from me.

"Ha, ha, don't worry. I'll get there in time. Don't worry! I just want to see Junhong eat it and then I'll leave, I promise."

~ ~ ~

Shortly after setting the table, the boys came bursting in.

"You didn't eat it all, right?!"

"Calm down, Junhong. They're waiting for you. Eat them while they're still warm. Sorry I only made 4. I couldn't get any extra ingredients", I said in pity.

"It's okay Hana noona! I'm just happy you made them for me!", Zelo said while engulfing me in a bear hug.

"Awe, no problem! Enjoy!"

I watched as everyone took their first bites and eyes bulged with great big smiles of satisfaction.

"It's DELICIOUS"

"Ha ha, tell that to Chaerin", I said pointing at her.

"Oh please, you had already done most of it", Chaerin replied with a shy smile.

"Here Junhong, take my piece, too", I walked over with my plate and pushed it onto this 7/8th finished pancake.

"Oh no, noona! You eat it! One is enough for me!" He said moving his plate away.

"No, Zelo, you take it. Like I said, I made this for you"

After arguing for 5 minutes, he hesitately took it.

"Well, it's--OMG, it's already 7:50! We have to get ready for school!"  I jumped out my chair like a ninja and ran upstairs to my room and put on the school uniform.

"See, I told you to leave earlier"

"Oh hush Miss Naggy", I teased while pushing all my supplies into my old, worn out bag that bore holes.

"You should really get a new bag", Chaerin said looking at my dead beaten bag.

"Chaerin...you know..."

"I know, I'm sorry"

"It's okay. Let me go down and wash the--"

"No, you're going to SCHOOL", Chaerin blocked the door.

"Junhong can't clean his own dish on his birthday", I thought worriedly.

"Then I will", Chaerin beamed, "Unnie, you already do too much! Just go!"

"Okay...No! Wait! You guys have to leave first! Remember? The deal?"

"Aish, fine, unnie. You're so stubborn, I swear. Oh, Daehyun left already."

"Oh, good. Then you and Junhong need to leave now. I'll go clean up."

I quickly ran downstairs and washed and dried the dishes. Hearing, "Bye unnie", and minutes later, "Bye noona!", at the last click of the door, I ran back upstairs to grab my bag and pulled on my shoes.

I took off as fast as I could. *8:10?! Chaerin was right. Ugh*