Goodbye

Luhan's Bloody Little Secret

 

 

“I’m going back home.”

As expected, Kris glared at Luhan.

“I’ve been here for two nights without going home once and skipped 2 days of school, I will be in trouble if the school contacts my family while I’m not at home.” Luhan reasoned.

Kris wasn’t content with the excuses and about to argue but Luhan cut him off.

“I need to see my family… before we go.” His voice trembled at this, but he didn’t care because it wasn’t an excuse. The date on the flight ticket that was given to Luhan was printed tomorrow’s date. Tomorrow, he had to leave with Kris and he might not come back ever again. Kris’s expression softened at that, but he still took some moments of deciding before agreeing to let the boy go home.  

 

 

At home, Sulli welcomed Luhan home with a burnt pot in the kitchen. She was too absorbed in her favorite drama and forgot about the cooking pot and only realized that when Luhan pointed that out, once he stepped into the house. They ended up ordering from outside for lunch. His sister talked about what happened during the last two days Luhan wasn’t at home, but the story length was more like a year worth story. Luhan didn’t mind that and listen tentatively because soon, he might be missing this.

 

His father came back home later that evening with meat. The three of them had Galbi for dinner that night. The boy avoided questions about school at the table because he only informed his family that he was staying at friend’s house, not skipping school altogether. It was when Luhan was doing the dishes, Sulli called him. She told him a friend came to see him. Luhan fidgeted. A friend? Who? It was surely not Sehun because his sister knew well enough to address Sehun as boyfriend instead of friend. When he asked Sulli, she only giggled and led him outside because the friend seemed to refuse to come in. Luhan suddenly remembered what Kris warned him, about hunters going to hunt him. His heart dropped at the thought, but he couldn’t reject that friend without arising suspicion from his family. Moreover, he didn’t want to put his family in danger.

 

 When he reached the doorway, he saw a lonely figure was standing a in the dark with his back turned to Luhan. He tried to approach the man quietly but sadly he stepped on random twigs that cracking, announcing his presence. The man turned around.

Kai

 

 

Once their eyes met, there was a moment of stillness. None of them said anything or moved, until Kai broke it.

“Hi” He simply greeted with an awkward smile.

Luhan stayed silent. Normally, he would be greeting his best friend enthusiastically but now he couldn’t. Kai is… or was his friend and he is also a hunter, not forgetting his attempt to kill Luhan few days ago. Luhan folded his arms as a gesture of wary and observed Kai quietly, incase if he decided to attack him again. The bruises that Kai had taken two days ago were still visible on his face and neck and Luhan was sure there were more hidden under the clothes. Luhan didn’t like the sight and he bit his bottom lips unconsciously.

 

Kai shifted in his spot a little when he realized that the other’s cold treatment and no sign of reply from him. He couldn’t blame him though.     

“Look, Luhan. I ’m sorry… about your hand –” he pointed to Luhan’s injured hand “and… actually, for everything.”

There was still no reaction from Luhan, so he continued.

“Suho hyung told me everything. I was even scolded and punished for that.” He chuckled at that awkwardly but it died quickly under Luhan’s cold stare. “I – I don’t – I can’t really give any excuse.” He stuttered, looking straight at his pretty friend in the eyes. “I’m just… sorry.

Kai’s earnest and honesty was well displayed in his tone and eyes. Luhan couldn’t miss to catch that and he believed that. He wanted to answer it’s okay, but he couldn’t because it wasn’t. So, answered “Okay.” He dropped his hand to his sides and hung his head low.

Kai grinned. Luhan was back to his old self.

 

 

 “So, what are you going to do now?” Kai asked, ending the silent that they had shared while sitting together on the bench, eating cut fruits which Sulli delivered to them earlier.

The bit of apple that was on its way to Luhan’s mouth stopped in its track and was put down. Luhan stared at his food for a few seconds before he answered. “I’m leaving. I’m going to China.”

Kai’s respond wasn’t immediate but it surprised Luhan. “I think that’s for the best too.”

Luhan glanced at his friend. Kai wasn’t looking at him but he didn’t seem to be joking either. Unexpectedly, it hurts Luhan. He was half hoping that his friend would oppose his decision, told him to stay. He tried to blink away the tears that started to form in his eyes.

 

“When are you leaving?” Kai asked again.

“Tomorrow.”

This time Kai was shocked.  

 “What did you tell your family?”

“Nothing… Not yet. I’ll just pretend that I run away from home to look for my real parents.”

Kai only hummed as his sign of no objection on that. Then, he asked again.

 

“Sehun?”

Luhan didn’t answer. What was there to answer? He hadn’t met or talked to Sehun since the day Kai attacked him. He didn’t know any of this and Luhan didn’t plan on letting him know neither. But his heart sunk when his friend mentioned the name nether less.

“Sehun has been really worried about you. I think he deserves one or two words of farewell.”

Luhan didn’t answer again, this time a big lump stuck in his throat when he heard the word farewell. Just now it hit him; he will really leave tomorrow, leaving all of his friends, family and Sehun. Leaving for good.  

 

Kai stood up and stretched a bit which he ended up groaned in pain from his bruises.

“I guess this is goodbye.” He shot his friend a smile.

“Yeah “ Luhan breathed with a forced smile and stood up along his friend.

 But then suddenly, he was pulled into a warm hug. Kai was hugging him tightly, his chin over the smaller boy’s shoulder and vice versa. It took Luhan by surprise because his tanned friend was never the type that enjoys hugging another male. It lasted a couple of seconds before he heard Kai whispered “Take care”.

 

Those two words touched Luhan’s inside deeply. Kai has been Luhan best friend for the last 4 years but with the recent incident, he doubted his friend… maybe he doubted everyone. But at those words, he finally felt like he just found his best friend again, the friend who was first to be friend him without any erted intention, the friend who he could share almost everything and the friend who helped him to be with Sehun. At this, Luhan felt he could forgive everything that had happened. After all, Kai is his best friend.

“You too.” The pretty boy replied with trembling voice when his friend pulled away. He tried to smile even though his eyes were now b with tears. Kai didn’t comment on it, instead he just ruffled Luhan’s hair once before he left. 

 

 

After watching his best friend’s figure disappeared into the darkness and wipe his tears away, he decided that he needed to see Sehun.  He knew, there would be a lot to explain and almost everything was unexplainable. But if he didn’t see him tonight, he might not able to see the other forever. Luhan didn’t want that. His heart wouldn’t able to stand that. He needed to say his goodbye even though Luhan had no idea if he could.

 

The distance to Sehun house seemed to fold a few times that night because Luhan was still unable to sort out how to face Sehun when he reached the house. He stood in front of the door, staring at slightly peeled paint on the rectangle wooden object absent-mindedly. He tried to gather his thoughts but before he was ready, the door opened. Sehun’s mother was in her way for her night shift when she bumped into the boy in front of her house. She beamed at Luhan like usual and invited him in. Luhan always loved Sehun’s mother bright personality and warm welcome but tonight, it troubled him. She urged the boy to go straight to his son’s room and only left for work when he saw Luhan went into the room.

 

Luhan released a relief breathe when he entered the room, Sehun was not there. He heard shower raining from the bathroom. He must be taking shower, he thought. Luhan sat on the bed because it was the only sit-able place in the room. The room is fairly small, there were Sehun’s bed and a study desk at the end of it and they already filled the room from one wall to another wall. The chair was placed behind the door with a frog dustbin which Luhan brought on it and under it was Sehun’s football shoes. The desk and the chair were only there to keep some things, the owner of the room usually has the whole house to himself because he was the only child and his parents were rarely home, especially his father. He did his homework or study or playing video games in the living room, exercising in the kitchen and changing and keeping his clothes in a different room. He only used his room to sleep, keep his personal belonging and for Luhan. He blushed remembering their memories in the room, especially on the bed.       

 

“Luhan”

 

He recognized that voice, the one that always made his heart skips a mile away. He turned to the doorway. He was there, and Luhan murmured the other’s name back.

Sehun was standing at the door frame, in his sweat grey pants, topless, damp hair and a towel hung over his shoulder. He looked surprised a little. Who wouldn’t? His lost boyfriend just popped up in his room unannounced.

 

 “Where have you been, Luhan? What happened? Are you alright?” the questions came pouring from Sehun as he quickly took his place on the bed, in front of Luhan, their knees brushing each other’s.

“Y – yeah, I’m alright.” Luhan faked a smile.

Luhan clutched his fist tighter as the sensation came to him again. That one feeling that made him want his boyfriend dangerously.  

“I was worried because you didn’t come to school and you didn’t answer my calls at all.”

“Sorry, my old friend was in trouble… so I stayed at his house for two nights… but I forgot to bring my cellphone charger” he lied, not looking at Sehun at all.

Luhan was not good at lying and he was sure what he told was absurd and questionable, but his boyfriend didn’t question him further, he accepted the raw lies with a bitter smile.   

“I was really worried. I thought something happened to you.” He brushed the side of Luhan’s face, making the pretty boy looked at him. Sehun’s eyes were full of concern and love, and it made Luhan felt worse for his lies.

 “Did you know Kai was beaten up by some punks at school 2 days before? It was really horrible and they had to send him to hospital right away.” Sehun stopped for a second to think before continued, “Actually, it wasn’t that bad. No broken bones or internal injuries but he still got a few days off. I haven’t seen him since then. I wonder who did that to him? As douche as Kai is, I still don’t see any anyone would want to beat him like that. Moreover, considering his fighting skills, the people who beaten him were really something.” He ended his story.

 

“Yeah, I heard.” Luhan breathed guiltily. They were trapped in a long awkward silent and Sehun could sense uneasiness from the other because he kept on avoiding Sehun’s eyes. He tried to change the topic.

“Why are you here? Are you staying overnight?” He offered and at this their eyes met. He saw Luhan’s eyes glisten a bit and his pretty mouth opened and closed a few times before the answer came out.

“No. I’m not staying but I… I miss you.” Luhan squeezed his knees in frustrated. It wasn’t a lie but wasn’t the truth either.

 

Luhan felt a pair of hands cupped his cheeks softly. Sehun kissed the smaller boy’s soft lips lightly but enough to make Luhan’s cheeks turned warmer. “Me too” he whispered, pressing their foreheads together and looked into each other eyes.  

Both of the boys were blushing feverishly but they keep their position still.   

Luhan fight the urge to bury his face in the crook of Sehun’s neck. Sehun smelled too good, too delicious. He doubted he could restrain himself from sinking his fangs into Sehun if he got that skin on his lips, so he didn’t. The smell was overflowing him. He loves this smell the most, this skin, this warmth, this touch – this person. He really loves this person.

“I love you.” The words slipped Luhan’s lips absent mindedly and he blushed more realizing this. It’s not that he didn’t mean it, but it was awkward to blurt it out out of nowhere. Luckily, it wasn’t awkward to the other boy. Sehun pulled their forehead apart a bit, just enough to let him stared at Luhan’s face better.

“I love you too.” He whispered with a touch redder cheeks. It wasn’t their first time exchanging love words, but every time, it never fail to make both of the boys’ cheeks flush and hearts beating like crazy.

They kissed on the single bed, under the fluorescent light, in the small room like they always did, only this time Luhan’s tears spilled during the kiss.         

 

 

“You sure you don’t want me to walk you home?” Sehun offered.

“Nah, I’ll be fine on my own. It’s not that late yet.” Luhan grinned playfully. Sehun didn’t argue to that.

“I’ll be going then.” He said that but made no move to leave but just stared at his boyfriend, deciding before he suddenly hugged Sehun. Sehun was a bit startled but he hugged Luhan back and rubbed his back comfortingly.

“Goodbye, Sehun.” Luhan whispered before he pulled back.

Sehun’s face didn’t show that he catch that, or probably only thinking that Luhan was bidding goodbye for the night. Luhan forced the brightest smile he could and wave goodbye to his boyfriend before he turned around to leave. After a few stepped taken, Sehun called again. He looked back at Sehun.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow, right?” Sehun asked with a grin.

Luhan felt his heart was torn into pieces. He gathered his everything to keep up with the acting, just a little bit more, he thinks. When he croaked a “Yeah” with a smile, his tears betrayed him and they just rolled down his cheeks but he quickly turned away before Sehun noticed that and ran home.  

 

 

 

***

 

The next morning was a clear day. It was weekend and Luhan made breakfast for his family. He tried to smile and laugh as much as he could. After all, it was their last meal together. Before going out, he kissed his father and Sulli on the cheeks. His father was surprised but far from dislike because usually he was the one who would try to kiss his sons while they ran away from him. Luhan wasn’t able to meet Minho personally because he was living apart but he sent him a text message, just to say good morning. When he was leaving, he told his family that he was going to Sehun’s house and he only bought his backpack with him. So, none of them suspect anything. Once he closed the door behind him, he inhaled deeply and stared at his house for a moment.

Goodbye.

He turned around, rubbed away his threatening tears and walked down the street without turning back.

 

A bit down the road, where his family would not see him, Kris was waiting for him. Luhan didn’t hesitate to get into the car without being invited and Kris didn’t mind that. Kris wanted to make a small chat but when he saw the boy’s solemn expression, he canceled his intention and drove away in silence.

 

“Why are you helping me?” Luhan asked after they had checked in their luggage – Kris’s luggage because Luhan only had his backpack.     

The older vampire eyed the boy carefully. Mostly because it was the first time Luhan talked to him today.

“No reason.” He shrugged but only making the boy beside him pouted.

“Lie” the boy accused. Kris chuckled lowly at this.  

“Now you’re calling me a liar.” He flipped open a newspaper in his hands, ignoring Luhan’s skeptical look on him.

 

“Then, why you can’t take me in?” Luhan asked again.

Kris had that annoying smirk on his face again when he looked at Luhan. “Why? Do you want to stay with me?” he taunted.

 “Well, I don’t know these friends of yours who want take me in.” the boy confessed while staring at his own sneakers. Kris knew the boy was worried.

“Don’t worry, they are nice people – vampire, I mean.” He assured, only to have the boy turned to him abruptly.

“You haven’t answered my question.” Luhan squeezed his big eyes smaller just to emphasiz how serious he was – not that it worked.

“I don’t have any home.” Kris started and Luhan’s eyes became big again. “I’m not staying anywhere permanently. I travel around and it’s not the best lifestyle to take care of the others especially because you still need to finish your high school and hopefully college, next.” He explained.

Luhan titled his head and thought for a few second before shooting the older vampire with more question.

“Why do you travel around?”

“Just because.” He simply replied. Kris went back to read his newspaper, ignoring Luhan’s attempt glare at him. He heard Luhan huffed in annoyance and he smirked secretly.

 

 

Not long after, their plane was announced arrived. They headed to their boarding gate to get checked in. Luhan hesitated when the airport worker asked for his ticket. He knew, once he passed the gate, there’s no turning back. He will leave this country for real. Kris noticed Luhan’s hesitation, so he took the ticked from the boy’s hand and handed it to the worker. Luhan watched the certain part of his ticket was tore and the worker gave it back to Luhan with a wide smile. Kris pulled Luhan passed the gate, towards the airplane because Luhan was seemed to be frozen in his spot. Kris’s big hand rubbed the younger vampire boy’s back soothingly, worried if the boy would break down on the spot.   

 

“Luhan!” A voice called, making both of the vampires to turn around, plus a few standing by people.

Luhan’s expression seemed to come back to life when he saw the two boy running towards them.

“Sehun, Kai” Luhan gasped. “What are you doing here?” he shouted panically.

“What are you doing here?” Sehun shot back. They two boys tried to reach Luhan but they were blocked by the airport guards.

“Sehun, I…” Luhan couldn’t find the right words. He wasn’t prepared for this scene. He never prepared any decent explanation for this.  

“I know everything, Luhan” Sehun said as he struggled to pass the security guards.

 

Luhan eyes shot wide open. He stared at his boyfriend in disbelief and then, to his best friend; Kai. Kai had that guilty look when his eyes met Luhan’s.

“I told him everything, and he… seems to take it really well.” He explained sheepishly and scratched his not itchy head.  

“Don’t go Luhan!” Sehun pleaded.

“But I…” Luhan’s heart felt full and stuffy. He didn’t want to go, but he had to go. This was for the best, but Luhan’s tears started to stream down his flushed cheeks.   

“Whatever you need, I’ll give you and I’ll protect you. So, just please don’t go.” Sehun’s voice trembled at the end and he had given up passing the increasing number of guards that blocked him.

“I don’t know if you would still believe me, but if you want to stay, I’ll protect you too.” Kai joined in.

“Luhan” Sehun’s voice was desperate and tears dropped from his eyes. Luhan never saw his boyfriend cried before.

 

 

Kris observed the scene unfolding in front of him and sighed heavily. He wanted to take Luhan’s hand and led him to the airplane but before he could do that, the boy was no longer beside him. He saw Luhan ran back towards the gate, passed the airport guards and into the boy named Sehun’s arms.

 

The guards were no more on defense mode, some of the bystander cheered and clapping their hands, while Luhan and his boyfriend cried in a hug and the young hunter watched from side. The hug was tight and Kris knew it would not break anytime soon. So, he turned around and headed for the airplane, leaving the scene behind him.

 

 

END

 

----------------------------------------------

Woooohoooooooo..........End finally!!!! \(^  v  ^)/

So, it's a happy ending... isn't it? (Sorry, Krishan shipper)

 

Since this is the last episode, please COMMENT ^^

Don't forget to read the one shot sequeal HERE.