The Vampire Hunter

Luhan's Bloody Little Secret

 

 

Luhan woke up the next morning in his own bed, in his room, in his house. He didn’t remember how he got there but he was sure it was the other vampire’s deed. Today, he didn’t feel groggy like he always did every morning. In fact, he felt refreshed. As if he just took a long good sleep which he never had any at night. When he remembered what had happened last night at the hotel, he groaned in agony, buried his face into the pillow to muffle his frustrated scream. He kicked his legs into the air and knocked his own head with his own fists until his throat hurt from the silent scream and his head throbbed from the hits.

Why did Kris do that to him? Why didn’t he resist? Why did it happened? Luhan felt like hiding himself in a hole so nobody could find him for the rest of his life… and maybe stab the other vampire with wooden stake before that. But he knew he couldn’t. He couldn’t even skip today’s school because his father will demand an acceptable reason for skipping school. Nobody knew what happened last night or even the truth that he wasn’t a normal human. Nobody except Kris, and Luhan was determined to leave it like that… as long as he could, if not forever.

 

At school, Sehun was having trouble paying attention in class because his boyfriend was being unusually touchy and seductive that day. Luhan leaned closer to Sehun during lesson; keeping their sides pressed together, hand rested on the other’s thigh and sometimes squeeze it lightly, brushing their hands together when taking notes, tracing the other’s exposed neck and jaw with his fingertips every now and then, biting his cherry lips teasingly whenever he caught he other’s glances and he kept on whispering to the other’s ears for unnecessary comments.

To be honest, the pretty boy was acting like a female cat in heat to Sehun and it surely was affecting his own hormone. It was not like they never did these kinds of thing. They had done more in bed, but not in public and open like this. They usually prefer to keep their flirting during private time only, somewhere where they were alone. Even Kai who seated across the table gave them what-the-hell-are-you-doing look to their obvious flirting. Sehun tried to halt his boyfriend’s flirting, but his attempt was in vain as he never had any control over the other since the beginning.

He thought the other was acting like this because they hadn’t had their private time for quite some times since Sehun was busy with training for their upcoming match recently, so he decided to invite the other to his house today to make up for it. But that could only happen when the school ended. For now, he needed to try his best not to let Luhan got into his pants… or vice versa. Luckily, the period before recess was home economy which they had to do cooking today, meaning their hands will be occupied.

 

 

As usual, Luhan paired up with his boyfriend for kitchen time and Kai would go to Jieun, the nerdy girl with big glasses and two pigtails. Kai never really looked at the girl except for cooking class like this just because the girl was a great cook and she clearly had a crush on the playboy. For those two reasons, Kai would be off to other tables to flirt or chat but still manage to get high mark for the kitchen assessment and eat good lunch at the end of the class. Today, Kai came to his best friends’ table.

 

“Kai, go away… you’re distracting me.” Luhan smacked his friend’s hand that tried to steal a dice of raw carrot from his bowl. But the other simply took it with his other hand and popped it into his mouth.

“What? Distracting you from flirting?” he sneered while chewing the stolen vegetable.      

Luhan want to smack Kai on the head but he caught his boyfriend blushing from the comment. Was he that obvious? He wondered and forgot about the smacking.

 

“What do I do with the chicken?” Sehun’s question pulled him out of his thoughts.

Sehun was no better cook than Luhan, so he usually let the smaller boy take charge in cooking.  Despite not able to cook good dishes, Sehun was a very reliable kitchen helper. He did what was told neatly and diligently, not like their other best friend. Kai in kitchen was Luhan’s worst nightmare ever. Luhan was glad he didn’t have to pair up with Kai for kitchen activities.

 

“Oh, chicken… cut them into pieces…” Luhan leaned towards his boyfriend “then, fry it on the pan… remember to toss in butter before that.” he added while touching the other’s arm for no reason. Sehun blushed again from the skin contact but he didn’t say anything. It was Kai who pointed that out.

“See?” he raised his eyebrows in a mocking manner.

Sehun only smiled shyly while Luhan stuck he tongue out towards Kai childishly. Kai mirrored the pretty boy’s action.

“Yah, why don’t you just sleep all day like yesterday?” Luhan tried to kick Kai’s leg under the table but he missed his target.

“Because some people decide to flirt like there’s no tomorrow in my class and it made the class very unpleasant for sleeping.” Kai replied sarcastically.

 Luhan reached his hands to pinch the tanned boy’s cheeks and Kai was ready to launch counter-attack but Luhan’s hands were stopped in mid air by the peace-maker Sehun. Luhan huffed in dissatisfaction but he decided he could take on Kai later, when his boyfriend wasn’t around to stop him. So for now, he’ll continue cutting the carrots.

“but Kai, why did you look so tired yesterday? You even skipped soccer practice. Couch Jung was furious as hell that his best striker skipped practice” this time it’s Sehun.

“oh… that.” Kai’s face changed “It’s… video game.” He faked a grin but his eyes were darting here and there trying to make up obvious lie “You know, my cousin brought me a new video game and I was so excited to play it and… I ended up slept late.” He trailed off. Sehun noticed Kai wasn’t telling him honestly but he just accepted that in the time being. He didn’t want to push his best friend.

 

                A sudden delicious smell caught Luhan’s nose quickly grabbed his attention from what he was doing. His mouth watered from the smell and he hummed in delight pensively.

“Our chicken smells good. What did you put in?” he let the question left his mouth before he looked at the assumed source of the delicious smell.

 When he turned around to their stove, his smile disappeared. The other two boys looked at Luhan, surprised with his comment. There wasn’t any chicken cooking on the stove.  Luhan’s pretty doe eyes turned wide when he saw Sehun’s bleeding hand. The boy had somehow cut his palm while chopping the chicken and that was the delicious smell came from. Blood. Luhan panicked at the realization but he couldn’t take his eyes off the blood. It smelled delicious, more delicious than what he tasted last night and he really wanted to try that. Unconsciously, he his dry lips.

 

“Luhan?” Sehun called while pressing a white kitchen cloth on his injured palm to stop the bleeding.

Luhan quickly pull his eyes of Sehun’s hand, trying to focus on other things such as those vegetables on the table. His answer came out a bit late as he tried to come out with an unsuspicious respond “You should treat your cut quickly… quickly!” he said without taking his eyes off his distraction – vegetables. He tried his best to ignore the blood and act normal but even though he wasn’t looking, the scent itself was overwhelming to Luhan. He started to feel light headed just from the smell alone.

 

Sehun and Kai looked at each other in silence; both find Luhan’s reaction was odd, especially when he didn’t even look up to speak to them even though Sehun was hurt. Kai initiated another question to get Luhan’s respond.

“Do you want me to go with Sehun or you wanna go?” Kai meant taking the injured boy to the nurse office.

Luhan was about to answer Kai when he saw his own reflection in one of the shining knives that he was holding all of the time. His eyes were red. His breath hitched before he quickly excused himself to the toilet without looking up to his friends.

Many eyes in the class followed the disappearing pretty boy because he was literally running out of the class. But Sehun was the most dumbfounded.  

 

The boy ran as fast as his legs could take him while trying to hide his eyes behind his hand and finding his way at the same time. When he reached the toilet, he heard voices from the inside. He couldn’t let the others see him like that, so he changed his direction and ran towards the rooftop where it was always empty during the class hour.

 

When only stopped running when he reached the rooftop. He chose the corner that provided him the most shade to settle. He plopped down on the dirty floor and bent his knees to rest his aching muscles and trying to catch his breath. When his rapid breathing eased down, he took out his cellphone from his pants pocket just to use it as a mirror to check his own eyes. His reflecting wasn’t so clear in that black screen but he was still able to see his glowing pair of red eyes in it. He groaned and put away his cellphone. He closed his eyes a few minutes, hoping that his red eyes will go away but he could feel his fangs inside his mouth when he moved his tongue around. He whimpered at that fact and covered his already closed eyes with his hands. He started crying into his hands.

Why did his eyes turn red at time like this?

Luhan took a few deep breathes to calm himself down. Crying wouldn’t be any help in this situation. He wiped his tears away and inhaled another long and deep breath before he checked himself in his cellphone again. To his relief, his eyes had turned back normal. He let go of his breath that he has been holding unconsciously and leaned his back to the wall behind him tiredly, tired from the worry. He even let the wall support the back of his head and his hands on his knees while he stared at the sky absent mindedly.

 

Sehun was nothing out of ordinary today. No new clothes or new shoes or perfume or new accessories or new hair style – actually he looked a bit messier today and Luhan could guess the boy had woke up late this morning. But it didn’t stop the feeling that Luhan himself didn’t know where it came from. Luhan thought that he liked Sehun a lot today. Correction, he always loves the other. But today, he really really really liked him. You know, like the same feeling when a cat found catnip... yeah, that kind of feeling. He just wanted Sehun. He wanted to hug him, to touch him, to roll on top of him, to rub himself against the other, to kiss him, to smell him, to him… ok, maybe that was creepy. But that was honestly what he really felt. He wanted everything of his boyfriend. Every touch made him carving for more and he wished he could just melt himself onto the others so every part of his body can feels the other’s, maybe only then he will be satisfied. It already took a lot of him not to cling onto Sehun like a koala in class. He was trying his best to contain his unusual lust and settled for some skinships which far away from what he really wanted, but when Sehun cut his hand in the cooking hour, it took everything of Luhan not to pounce on his boyfriend and the bleeding hand to his heart content. Maybe that was how his eyes turned red.

 

So, he really is a vampire. It was half question half statement inside of his head. Will it always be like this? How would he run his life regularly if it’s like this? How should he handle the situation if it happens again? What would Sehun and Kai’s reaction if they saw this?... If they knew the truth? They were many unanswered questions filling his head that he didn’t register how long he has been hiding there.

 

 

Luhan was only pulled back to the reality when he heard someone’s footsteps approaching him. His stomach churned for a moment, afraid if it was a teacher who came to caught skipping-class students which Luhan currently was because he ran up there abandoning his kitchen class. When he owner of the footsteps came to view, he let out a relieve breath. It was Kai.   

 

The pretty boy offered the approaching friend a weak smile but it wasn’t replied back. Kai wasn’t smiling and to be honest, Luhan never saw this expression on his goofy friend before; a serious face. Luhan waited for the other to reach him, but Kai stopped his steps a few meters away from where Luhan was sitting. He stood there, silently and staring at the sitting boy.

“Kai” Luhan called because the whole situation was very weird to him and it started to worry him.

Kai didn’t answer.

Luhan wanted to call again, but then Kai spoke.

 “What are you?”

Luhan’s stomach dropped. He knew. It was the first thing that came to his mind. But he tried to reason himself. There’s no way Kai would know. Even if Kai somehow saw his earlier red eyes, there’s no way Kai would know he’s a vampire just from that. Because no one believes in vampire, right?   

 

“What are you saying?” he faked a laugh and playing dumb.

“I know what you are.” Kai replied almost immediately with a calm but dark tone. The other boy felt his stomach churned again and this time his heart beat started to increase its speed. Kai walked towards Luhan in slow steps and Luhan got up, starting to feel very uneasy about this.

“Kai, don’t joke around. It’s not funny.” Luhan forced a smile, but he unconsciously stepped back when his friend approached him until he hit the wall behind him.

His smile died down when Kai reached him. The tanned boy was now standing real close to Luhan and he placed both of his hands on the wall beside of Luhan’s head, trapping Luhan with his body. His stare was dark and unfriendly. It felt like Luhan didn’t know the person who was standing in front of him. He swallowed dryly.

 

“I saw it.” Kai breathed and Luhan winched at his low tone. Kai sighed when he realized the other wasn’t going to reply him. “I know you are a vampire.”

 

Luhan wanted to pretend he didn’t know anything but his body betrayed him. His breath hitched as soon the words left Kai’s lips and his hands and legs were starting to tremble. However, he gathered his guts to deny it.

“I’m not.” He managed to say after a few times opening and closing his mouth without saying anything. Kai glared at him and it killed some of his guts.

“Don’t lie to me” Kai’s voice was stern and angry. Luhan pressed his back towards the wall more, hoping there would be an escape door formed magically on it. He hated this. He was scared of Kai, his very own best friend. “Fine, if you don’t want to admit.” The boy said annoyed after a few moments of silence between them. “I’ll make you show yourself.” One of Kai’s hands left the wall and fishing something out of his pants pocket.

 

Luhan eyes widen in shock when he saw the item Kai was drawing from his pocket. It was a knife. The 10 inches silver folded pocket knife with fancy carving on the handle which Kai always kept with him. The school prohibited any kind of weapons, but Kai insisted to keep his knife with him anywhere he goes even though Luhan never saw him using it… well, until now. Kai flashed the gloriously shining blade in front of the pretty boy. Luhan felt his tears were threatening to fall and his legs were might failed him if he wasn’t pressed on the wall for support.

 

“Kai…” Luhan plead weakly but it didn’t affect the other boy. Luhan shut his eyes when he saw the knife came towards him. But the pain he was expecting didn’t come to him. So, he opened his eyes again.

Blood. It wasn’t his blood but his friend’s blood. Kai had cut his other hand. It was bad... really bad because Luhan’s vampire instinct started to react to the sight and scent of Kai’s blood.

Luhan groaned at the delicious smell and he couldn’t take his eyes of the blood. His knew he should be worried that his friend just cut himself on the hand but the blood was really close to him and he couldn’t stop himself from his lips.

“I knew it.” Kai sighed disappointedly as he drew his bleeding hand away from the vampire. Luhan felt his fangs among his teeth and he was sure his eyes were turning red by now. Kai’s reaction bothered Luhan. Why he wasn’t shocked? Why he wasn’t scared? Why he sound disappointed? Luhan eyed his friend who was banding his wounded hand with his tie using his other hand and teeth. Luhan was about to help Kai to adjust the temporary bandage when he pulled away from Luhan, rejecting his touch. Luhan looked at Kai carefully. Kai was still not smiling, but rather than the earlier judging and dark stare, he looked angry and hurt.

 

“I have no choice but to kill you.”

 

Before the vampire could process the words in his head, he saw Kai’s blade swinging towards him and this time he was sure it aimed him. Instinctively, he caught the sharp blade with his bare hand. He groaned in pain when he felt the blade tip digging into his flesh. It hurt more that the other cuts that he ever received before. Kai tried to swing his knife again but Luhan gripped on the blade, refused to let go. At this, Luhan felt a huge blow on his stomach, the knife slipped out of his grip and he dropped onto the floor. He curled into ball, pressed both hands on his hurt stomach and whimper from the kick he received from Kai. Luhan never fought before and he never good at it, so that one kick he received from a well trained soccer player was enough to keep him from standing again.      

 

Luhan felt Kai grabbed his shoulder and flipped him on the floor roughly, ignoring Luhan’s pained cries. He let the pretty boy sprawled with his back on the floor and he straddled him, putting his weight on Luhan’s hurt stomach. Luhan cried from the pain and he cried more when he saw the murderous look on his friend’s face. Kai raised the blade in the air with his both hands, aiming for the heart of the boy below him. Luhan pleaded his used-to-be-dear friend between sobs for his dear life. For a moment, Luhan saw the other hesitated but then it disappeared, leaving only that murderous determination. Luhan closed his eyes again, feeling too scared to face his own death and too sad that it was his best friend who will end his life.

 

“BAM!”

Luhan heard a loud crash and the weight on his body disappeared. He opened his eyes. He saw Kai was laying on the floor a few feet away from him and groaned in pain.

 

“Are you okay?” a deep voice asked Luhan. For the first time, he realized the existence of another man standing near him – Kris.

“Kris? What are you…” before he could finish his sentence, he saw Kai was already back on his feet and launching towards them again.

Kris didn’t hesitate to pounce on the boy. They were exchanging a few hard blows but it was clearly the older vampire was stronger and more skilled compared to the other school boy. In a few minutes, Kai was down on the floor with a lot of bruises on his body.

 

Luhan only started to panic when he saw the taller vampire picked Kai’s pocket knife from the floor which was flew away when he was fighting Kai. He crouched down beside the laying injured Kai and brought the knife tip close to the boy. Kai tried to get off, but the vampire simply grabbed him neck tightly to hold him in place. Kai tried to struggle but he couldn’t tear the strong grip on his neck and Kris placed the knife the skin below Kai’s jaw, ready to slit the throat open.

 

Luhan gasped in shock. He gathered all of his remaining strength and dashed towards the two people trying to kill each other.

 

“Stop! Please stop, Kris.” Luhan managed to grab Kris arm on time.

“Let go, Luhan. He’s a vampire hunter. He will kill us.” Kris didn’t look at Luhan at all. He was too focused on killing the boy he had in his grip.

“No, Kris. Kai is my friend.” Luhan’s tears streamed down his cheeks – desperated to make Kris listen to him and feeling hurt that Kai was his friend.

This time Kris turned to look at the crying vampire. “He tried to kill you.” He made sure each of his words was clear and understood as if trying to knock some sense in the other vampire.

“I know…” Luhan tears spilled heavier. “But I don’t want him to get hurt… I don’t want anyone to get hurt.” He added between his sobs and squeezed Kris’s arm a bit. Kris wanted to retort but wasn’t able to do so when he saw Luhan was crying terribly and holding onto his arms tightly while pleading for him to stop between his furious sobs. Luhan might get sick if he kept on crying like this and Kris knew the boy might not bale to stop crying if he killed the young vampire hunter now.

 

Reluctantly, Kris threw away the knife far away and he let go of the boy in his grip after giving him a hard squeeze just to make himself felt better. Kai coughed and curled up in a ball to catch his breath again.

“Come on.” Kris stood up and held his hand towards the younger vampire. They were very close to each other that Kris could simply pulled the boy into his embrace in one swipe of his long arms, but he wanted the boy to decide, to choose.

 

Luhan stared at Kris with uncertain eyes at first, then his eyes darted to Kai who was writhing in pain on the floor. He stared at him a few moments with a sad look and Kris almost thought Luhan was going to ignore his inviting hand, sat on the floor and tend the injured boy’s injuries. But luckily, Luhan looked at Kris again and took his hand with his injured hand. Kris hold Luhan’s hand gently and wrapped his other hand around the boy’s delicate frame.

 

“Let’s go.” Kris said gently. Luhan took one last look at his friend on the floor before he nodded and followed the older vampire.

They walked towards edge of the rooftop, where wire fence was built to avoid students from falling down the building but Kris simply lifted Luhan into his arms and jumped over the fence like it was no higher than a small bump on the road. They fell down the building, but before they could even reached the second top floor, both of his figures turned into a group of bats which scattered away quickly and they disappeared.    

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

okay.... 

this chapter was unintentionally a bit draggy. I was supposed to include another 2 scences in this chapter but I was too tired of writing this, so I'll save them for the next chapter. Next chapter might be or might not be the last chapter because of this draggy chapter.

 

So..... how do you like this chapter?

............ I don't know what I'm writing.....  T__T

But the point is Kai is a vampire hunter. Woohoo! (or should I be sad?) But please don't hate Kai, there isn't any evil character in this story. If there's any, it should be Kris. LOL. 

 

Oh, and if you realized, Sehun didn't receive a lot of spotlight in this story even though he's Luhan's boyfriend. So, i'm planning to write a one shot sequel which is from Sehun's POV. I have posted the foreword HERE and will post the story when this one ended ^^