Chapter Three

Fishy Hae is mine!

'Let's watch a movie.' Siwon said.

'Cool!' Kyu immediately sat down and waited.

'Which one is it?' Hyuk asked as he lowered himself next to Hae.

Siwon just smiled and went for the other side of the fish.

'Nemoooooooooooooo' Hae yelled, his eyes sparkling. He turned to Siwon and hugged him tight.

Hyuk's face tensed at the sight. 'Not Nemo again!' He shouted.

Hae turned to him. 'Hyukkie?'

'Aish, nevermind.' Hyuk huffed.

 

Kyu and Hae were enjoying the movie while Siwon was looking at Hae and Hyuk was death glaring his host.

Slowly Hae's eyes were closing. He leaned against Hyuk and after a couple more minutes he had fallen asleep.

Hyuk just stared at the soft features.

'You like him too, don't you?' Siwon whispered.

'He's mine.' Hyuk hissed.

Siwon looked down overwhelmed with sadness. He noticed Kyu shivering next to him so he got up to get the blankies.

Hyuk was in heaven. The warmth of Hae and his steady breathing were so soothing. He had laid Hae down on the pillow and had hugged the boy.

He was drifting away himself when he suddenly realised he still hadn't seen the picture. Slowly he backed away and went to Hae's backpack.

'What are you doing?' Siwon asked.

Hyuk was startled. 'I-I know he has strawberry milk for me here.' He improvised while opening the back. To his surprise there was a little cooler in there and inside there was a box of his favourite strawberry milk. He looked over his shoulder to the sleeping fish. His little heart was pounding fastly. He lifted the milk out the bag and showed it to Siwon, distracting him while his other hand still searched the bag. It found a picture and Hyuk turned his back to Siwon while he quickly glanced. His heart stopped and then started beating rapidly. The picture showed Hyuk and Hae, each an arm over the other's shoulder, their mouths covered with birthday cake and Hae was wearing a crown. Behind the two boys was Hae's late father. His hands on top of the boys' head, smiling down at them with so much care. Hyuk gulped. Right there in Hae's free hand there was a DVD of finding nemo. Hyuk recalled now that it was the last gift Hae had gotten from his dad before he had died.

He slowly put the picture back and tossed away his milk. He ran over to Hae and hugged him.

'Hyukkie?' Hae muttered sleepily.

'You are my best friend, Hae Hae, don't forget!' Hyuk whispered.

Hae turned and put his head on Hyuk's shoulder. 'I love you, Hyukkie.' His eyes closing again.

'I love you more.' Hyuk whispered.

 

Kyu woke up with something heavy leaning against his back. He tried to stretch but couldn't. He turned his head and saw Siwon's black hair. He sighed. In front of him he saw the monkey and the fish still fast asleep all tangled up. He noticed the way Hyuk had his arm around the younger's waist and Kyu smirked. He stretched out his hand, grabbed his PSP and started to play a game.

 

It was monday and the kids had to be back in school. Hae was daydreaming about how cool it would be to live in the jungle with Hyukkie when he accidently bumped into Shindong. Immediately he was pulled up by the latter and pinned to the wall.

'Ya, brat!' Shindong yelled.

Hae looked up with big fearful eyes.

Shindong smirked. He grabbed Hae's hair and dragged him.

Hae started crying. It hurt so much.

Shindong dragged him all the way to the sandbox. The kids playing, looked up and ran away.

'Eat some dirt.' Shindong said while pushing Hae's face into the sandbox.

Hae gasped for air and panicked. He struggled and tried to yell for his monkey.

Suddenly Shindong got kicked away.

'Don't touch my Hae Hae!' Heechul yelled. Shindong froze. He might be the school bully but no one messes with the diva. He quickly ran off.

'Hae Hae are you okay?' Heechul asked as he caressed him.

Hae buried his face into his chest and sobbed.

'Hae?' Hyuk came running.

Hae didn't look up.

Hyuk looked at how Heechul was cradling his fish and he bit his lip.

'Shindong.' Heechul said still fuming.

Hyuk nodded and took off.