Chapter Ten

Fishy Hae is mine!

Hae was getting treated in the emergency room of the local hospital when he saw a familiar face being wheeled in.

'Hyukkie?' Hae whispered. He took a better look and panicked. He pushed the nurse away and jumped off his bed.

'Hyukkkieeeeeeeeeeeeeee what's wrong?' He screamed as his little legs carried him to his friend.

'Hae, are you okay?' Hyuk asked.

'Yes, I'm getting cool bandages.' Hae beamed. 'But why are you here?' His face changed to a pout.

'I burnt my hands.'

'Don't worry, Mrs. Lee, these are just second degree burns, it won't even scar.' The doctor informed Hyuk's umma.

'How did it happen?' Hae asked as he looked at Hyuk's hands.

Hyuk looked away.

'He decided to experiment and he set the bushes underneath his window on fire.' His umma was clearly pissed off.

The two boys made eye contact. Hae understood now. He started crying.

'Don't cry, Hae Hae, I can't wipe your tears away now.' Hyuk whispered.

Hae nodded and tried to hold the tears back. His bottom lip was trembling. He saw that Hyuk was in pain. Hae leaned in and softly blew over the other's hands.

Hyuk smiled and pecked the younger's head.

The nurses couldn't drag Hae away from his monkey so they decided to treat them at the same time in the same bed.

 

Hyuk and Hae were at Hyuk's house. They were on the couch watching a cartoon while their ummas took care of them.

'They really are cute.' Hae's mum said.

'Ugh, Hyuk just goes insane when it comes to Hae.' Hyuk's mum said.

'It's a nice friendship though.'

'I know. The intensity just scares me.'

 

The boys were lying in Hyuk's bed, staring at the ceiling.

'Hyukkie?'

'Hae?'

'Do you really think boys can get married too?'

'Yes.'

Hyuk could tell Hae was in deep thought.

'I have someone I want to marry.' Hae blurted out. His cheeks all pink.

Hyuk's chest hurt. 'Oh?'

'I'll have to ask Wonnie first.' Hae continued.

Hyuk turned his head away and bit his lip. 'D-do you l-love Siwon?' He asked softly.

Hae frowned at the weird question. 'Yes!'

Hyuk turned to his side, away from Hae. 'Good luck, Hae Hae.' He whispered as he cried himself silently to sleep.

 

The next day the boys walked to school together. Hae was bouncing up and down, while Hyuk seemed apathic.

'Oh, there is Wonnie, I'll go ask him now.' Hae yelled while he was already running to his friend.

Hyuk felt like crying again but too many people were around so he just bit on the inside of his cheek.

 

Hyuk felt two arms circle around him. He knew it was Hae. The younger put his head against Hyuk's back. 'Oh Hyukkie, he said he would do it! I'm so happy!'

Hyuk just stood there, his head low.

'We'll do it at lunch today, see you at the fountain then!' Hae squealed as he ran off again.

Heechul passed by and saw the frozen monkey. 'Hey brat, what's up?'

Hyuk didn't respond until after a couple of seconds. 'Hae told you?'

'About the wedding? Yes.' Heechul frowned. 'Hey I can tell you aren't really into it, but you know it's not real, right? So just go along with it. For Hae.'

Hyuk looked up at his hyung. 'I guess I can do that.'

 

It was noon. Hyuk dragged himself towards the fountain. He could see Siwon, Hae and some other kids were already there.

Hae ran up to him carrying his most beautiful smile. It tugged on Hyuk's heart and he tried to smile back.

'Come with me Hyukkie! Everything is ready!' Hae exclaimed. He pulled Hyuk with him and stood in front of Siwon.

'Hi everyone, I'm happy you all are here for this wedding.' Siwon spoke very seriously. He had his colouring book in his hands and looked into it once in awhile.

'We are here so Hae Hae and Hyuk can get married.' Siwon continued.

Hyuk's head shot up in surprise. The tears he had been fighting off the entire morning escaped from his eyes. Everyone was shocked since Hyukjae rarely cried.

'Hyukkie?' Hae asked.

'I'm ok.' Hyuk said.

'You are crying.'

'I'm happy.'

Hae stared at him and then the sweetest smile appeared. 'I'm happy too, Hyukkie.'

 

'You should kiss now.' Siwon said after they told each other yes.

Hyuk closed his eyes and leaned in. He softly pressed his lips against Hae's. He felt the younger giggle and he chuckled.

'We know you can't wear the rings for now.' Heechul said as he eyed their bandages. 'So we made them into necklaces.' He gave each of them a necklace with a ring on it.

Hae just kept staring at his monkey. Hyuk felt all warm inside and he hugged Hae tight. 'Mine.' he whispered.

'Yours' Hae blushed.