My little mei mei

My Little Mei Mei

                                  When Luhan was sure nobody was in the outside, he cautiously peeked out of his hiding spot. Nobody. Next, he quietly creeped out. No one around. He looked around him, The piano was still broken and the cane was on the floor. A wave of guilt rushed over Luhan. Jia had taken the blame for what he had done. He thought about all the times he would push her around, call her names and ignore her when she tried to be nice to him. And she did it without a second thought. She had saved him from a painful punishment and she wasn't to blame. That's when Luhan started to feel love and sympathy to his little sister. He quietly went up the staircase. Instead of going to his room, he went for Jia's room. He opend the door. The room was dark and quiet. Luhan stepped inside of the room and closed the door behind him. Then, he heard soft sniffling coming from the bed. He realized his sister crying. 'Poor Jia' he suddenly thought.

                     Luhan inched his way closer to her bed. He knelt down and looked at her body. Jia was wearing a dress so you could see her legs. What Luhan saw shocked him. Jia's legs were covered with fresh wounds. Some of them deep enough to be scars. Some were even had blood oozing out from them. Tears came up to Luhan's eyes seeing what a huge sacrifice his sister did for him. Their appa never whacked him or punished him physically. This was the first time he used the cane. 

                     'I'm so sorry' Luhan said, tears streaming down his cheeks.

                     'Ge? What are you doing here? Is something wrong?' Jia suddenly got up of bed with tear stained cheeks.

                     'I'm sorry Jia' this was the first time Luhan actually used her name. 'I'm sorry I put you through all that pain. I should have been a better brother. I'm sorry, I'm sorry' Luhan was already sobbing asking her for forgiveness. 

                     'It's alright ge, it was worth it. At least you didn't get punished. That's all that matters to me' Jia  clamly said.

                     'No I should have taken the blame. I'm the older brother and it was my fault the piano was broken. It was your favorite piano and I broke it. I'm sorry.

                    Luhan lighlty ran his finger over her wounds. Jia winced when he touched them. Luhan felt so guilty. Then he saw that her arms were also covered with those wounds. Luhan enveloped her in a hug.

                    'Jia, I'm sorry you had to go through that. It was my fault. I'm also sorry for treating you so badly these years. You were so nice to me and I either ignored it or insulted it. I'm the older brother and I should've protected you like how a big brother should. You put up with all my these years and you never complained. I feel so crappy. But that's gonna change from now on. I'm gonna protect you from now on and love you. I will be like a real brother from now on. Just give me one more chance and I'll do my best. I promise. I love you my little mei mei'.

                    By now, tears started to form in Jia's eyes. She hugged her gege tight. She was so happy now. Her gege finally loved her. That was all she wanted.

                   'I promise I'll protect you no matter what, you are my sister, my little mei mei'