Punishment for the wrong person

My Little Mei Mei

        When Jia observed the damage before her, her heart fell. Her beloved piano lay on the floor smashed to bits. It was ruined. She looked at her brother but he wouldn't meet her gaze. Luhan was expecting curses to fly out blaming him for what he had done. But nothing was heard. When he looked up, he met a soft, sad gaze looking at him. Luhan saw no accusation in his sister's eyes. Instead there was understanding like she was saying that she believed whatever reason he had for wrecking the piano. But instead of apologising, Luhan started to shout.

       'What are you looking at?? I broke your piano so i gues you're gonna tell mama and apppa right? You are gonna get me in trouble for what I did just like last time right? Well go and tell them and see if i care!! It makes no difference wether i did something bad or not' Luhan yelled

       With that he threw the baseball bat down and ran up the stairs into his room, slamming the door. Jia's gaze feel on the ruined piano an the floor. It was broken, spoiled, ruined, She knelt down and tried to see if it was fixable. No such luck. Tears sprang to her eyes and started to flow down her cheeks. This piano was her pride and joy.She loved this thing like how a mothe rwould love a child. Jia had spent many happy moments with this piano. Whenever she was stressed or she felt troubled, this piano would block her from the harsh reality of the outside world whenever she played it. Now it lay before her in ruins and no way to fix it. Jia was sure her gege had his reasons for wrecking it. People make mistakes. She had no accusations towards her brother. Jia shuddered at the thought of how her parents was going to punish him. But, a plan formed in her head. She had to do it. She was going to do it for him. for her gege.

        Luhan was pacing up and down in his room. He was in deep . If he didn't do something soon, he would be murdered by his parents. He was sure he would never be able to leave this room when his parents found out what he did. Maybe he could run away. Yeah, that seemed like a good idea. He could pack up his clothes and take some money from his bank account and go live with his friend for a while and find a job and later go rent an apartment or something. Yeah, this plan was sounding even more perfect by the second. Luhan started to pack his clothes and throwing whatever he had into his luggage bag. Few minutes later he had already emptied his room and was getting ready to leave. He grabbed all of his money and stuffed it into his wallet. Luhan ran down the stairs and to the front door. Luhan saw his sister kneeling down by the wrecked piano. She turned around and saw him dressed up an dwiht his luggage bag.

        'Ge, where are you going?' she asked

        'Mind your own business. I'm running away'

        'But why ge? Don't runaway! It's not the right thing to do!'

        'Who cares? I'm gonna get it from mama and appa if i don't do it'

        'But ge, they will be so worried and upset when they find out that you're gone'

        'Don't delay me. You're wasting my time! Mama and appa will be back soon'

       Luhan started to walk towards the door when he heard two sets of footsteps walking towards the door. His parents were back!!! Jia heard it to. She quickly got up and started to push Luhan to hide in a small storeroom at the bottom of the stairs.

        'The hell are you doing woman?' Luhan asked

        'Ssssshhh, don't come out of here and don't make any noise'

        'But-'

        'Sssshh, quiet. I'll take care of everything. She smiled and closed the door'

        Luhan was in darkness.

        Then he heard the front door open.

         ' Hello my dear, how was your da-, what the hell happened here??!!' Luhan heard his father say

         'H-h-hello appa, mama, i can explain for the damage' Luhan heard Jia speak

         'Jia, What the hell happened to the piano. Who broke it. Was it Luhan??!!' his father started to scream.

         'Appa, i can expain'

         'I asked who broke it?'

        Silence

         'Jia, your father asked you a question. Answer it!!' his mother raised her voice

         'It was me'

         Luhan stopped breathing

         'You broke it?? How the hell did you break it Jia?? Are you telling the truth? Are you sure it wasn't Luhan?'

         'STOP BLAMING GEGE!!' Jia screamed. 'He didn't break it!! I did!! I was careless and I was just swinging my baseball bat around for the fun of it and then suddenly I hit the piano. I'm sorry i broke it' Jia's voice softened in the end.

         Silence

        'JIA!! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CARELESS?!!!' Luhan heard his mother scream 'That piano was your grandmother's!!!!' 

       'You are gonna be punished for this, you careless girl!!!!!' Luhan heard his father say

        Later, he heard the swishing of something that sounded similar to a swish of a cane. Then he heard cries of pain

      Swish. Aaah!!. Swish. Aaaah!!

        'Let this be a lesson to you for being so destructive and careless. You are grounded for a month and you can't go to the football match with us this weekend. I thought i could trust you Jia, but you are just as careless as your older brother' Luhan heard his father say. 

        Then he heard his mother's voice, 'I want no such nonsense like this ever again do you understand? Now go up to your room!'

        After that, he heard his parents go up the stairs and into the room. Few minutes later, he heard anothe room door close. Jia must have gone into the room to.