bad things happen

My Little Mei Mei

                              The next morning, Luhan woke up late(well it was a school holiday). He lazily made his way downstairs for breakfast. His mother ws in the kitchen. She was already dressed for work.

                  'Good morning Luhan' his mother said as she handed him his breakfast

                  'Good morning ma' he replied as he took his plate to the living room to watch tv while he ate his breakfast. Kind of his tradition during holidays.

                  'Luhan, do you mind staying home alone for tomorrow? It will be just for one day'

                 'Sure ma, but where are all of you going' he replied as he switched the channel to Spongebob Squarepants. Eventhough he was already 16, he was still a child at heart.

                  'Me and father are gonna take your sister to watch the football match at the stadium'

                  Luhan looked at his mother in shock.

                 'But i was suppose to go with both of you not her,besides I was the one who asked you if i could                                                go'

                 'We wanted to take you but since you were grounded for not doing well in your exam, you can't go. Anyway, this will be good experience for your sister seeing that she's the captain for the school's junior football'

                 'But mom!!!'

                'Now don't start, you can't go until your grades improve that's final. I have to got to work now. Bye Luhan, take care of your sister.'

                Luhan watched has his mother left for work. They were doing it again, always putting his sister above him. The unfairness of it all!!!!. Luhan began to pace up and down in living room. He had begged his parents to take him to watch the most epic football match in history for 3 months. Now they were saying he couldn't go because of his stupid grades!!! And they were taking the devil!!! She wasn't even a big fan of the teams that were playing. He needed to let go of his anger or he would go crazy. He caught hold of his sister's baseball bat that was leaning against the wall and started swinging it to let of some steam. But it wasn't working. The thoughts of his parents loving his sister more not only made him angry and irritated, it hurt him deeply. He loves his parents but, it saddened him that they don't love him as much as he loved them. As he was swinging the bat around, he felt he hit something. When he looked at what he hit, he knew. He was in deep .

 

 

 

 

                    When Jia had been a small girl, she was confused. She had always been confused about her gege's attitude towards her. When everybody was congratulating her winning the art contest when she was in kindergarden, her gege looked at her diapprovingly. When she won the drama contest in middle school, all she got from him was glares. When she represented the school for solo singing, he didn't even want to go see and support her. She had always been confused by his character. She had always been nice and cheerful towards him but he always brushed it of or tell her of. She had always looked up to him as a role model. Her gege was handsome. He was talented in singing and he was the most awesome football player she had seen. He was definitely someone she could look up to. But how she wished that he was more loving towards her. Jia had always envied her friends on how their brothers doted and cared for them. They always lovingly called her friends mei mei or something sweet. Her gege never called her mei mei or even her name...it was usually 'you' or 'hey'. But as Jia got older, she started to understand why he couldn't stand her. Her parents unbalanced share of love towards them angered him. She could understand why he hated her as she was considered the favourite among the siblings. She had to admit, eventhough she loved her parents, she felt uncomfortable about the attention she was getting. In fact, she would rather be the unfavoured child of the family rather than the most loved. Soon she decided to just not disturbe him and to get out of his way as best as she could as her very presence seemd to put him in a bad mood. So she stopped acknowledging him, stopped being nice to him. She just stopped trying.

 

               As she was in the living room watching tv, she heard her mother nagging at Luhan. She cringed when her mother was comparing Luhan and her again. They do that every time. Didn't know they that whenever they did that, her brother hated her even more? But then she felt even worse when later in the evening her father started to lecture and scold Luhan and again comparing the two siblings on how the other sibling was more perfect than the other. And then when Jia heard her brother's outburst towards her father, she felt like she wanted to cry. Did her brother hate her that much? She felt like running away and never coming back so that she wouldn't be a burden to Luhan anymore. Every night she prayed that her brother would love and accept her but next day, her prayers proved futile. But she never stopped believing that it would soon happen.

                The next morning, Jia's mother informed her that she was going to watch the football match with her parents. She felt extremely uncomfortable and scared to go the the match that her brother had begged her parents for 3 months to go. She tried all types of excuses. That she was going to be busy studying fro an exam or she didn't like the teams playing at the match. But her mother still forced her to go. So in the end she had to agree to her mother's wishes. Now she was gonna get it from Luhan. She hurriedly finished her breakfast and ran up to her room. Thank God that her brother was still sleeping or she would have felt his fury. She had to think up of an excuse for him to go. She had to. Jia knew this was the most important thing to her brother and if he couldn't go, she would be the first person he would blame

                  Then she heard a door open. , he already woke up. It was too late now. She was gonna get it from him. Crap her life!!! Jia just sat and prayed that her mother was just trolling her and the Luhan was going instead of her. Please Please Please!!!! 

                   'What do you mean i can't go??' She heard Luhan shout

                  *sigh* another prayer unanswered. Why God??

                 Jia heard her brother and mother starting to debate on why she was going and not him. Then she heard the front door slam. Her mother must have gone to work. She was alone. With Luhan. Lord only knows what will happen to her now. Jia slowly and cautiously poked her head out. All clear. No sign of any sharp or heavy objects flying towards her. Jia slowly made her way downstairs.Then she heard a crash. 

                 'Hey gege, what was that sou....'

                  Jia's sentence stopped short. She saw Luhan holding her baseball bat looking frightened and then her eyes travelled to what he had hit. Jia's mind went blank. The object that was hit was a piano. And not just any piano. It was her grandmother's piano that she had passed on to Jia when she was going to pass away. Then she looked at her brother. And her Luhan looked at her

                'What?? So now you going to tell mama and appa?