Chapter 20 ~ I’ll Never Let You See Woohyunnie Again

A Man Outside, A Kid Inside

Right after Dongwoo parked his car on the park lot of the hospital, Hoya made a mad dash into his brother room. But he found Sunggyu stood outside the room and that guy stop him. “Wait. The doctor is examining Woohyunnie right now. We had to wait for a while.”

Hoya obeyed it and started walk in a circle path as to calm his groggy. A second later, Dongwoo finally arrived and he stood beside Sunggyu. “How is he?” Dongwoo asked in low tone.

“I don’t know. We had to wait for the doctor.” Sunggyu looked so tense and pale., his hands also trembled. But maybe it because he was worry about Woohyun’s condition, Dongwoo deduced.

Suddenly, Hoya stop in the middle of his track and said, “You two can get home now.”

“W-what? No, we also want to know about your brother condition. We’ll wait until the doctor out,” Dongwoo whined. While Sunggyu only stared at Hoya, his eyed wide open. It seemed he never expected Hoya to chase him away.

“Why do you want to know about my brother condition?” Hoya asked in a cold low tone.

“What do you mean Hoya? Of course it because I care of him.” Sunggyu started to feel suspicious, did something happened on their date? Did Dongwoo do something that made Hoya angry?

“Hah, care?” Hoya scoffed. “I think you only care for the progress of your story Sunggyu-ssi? You wanted to know what happened to my brother so you can write it on your novel? Why don't you just use your imagination to continue the story by your own? Don’t use my brother!”

“What? What are you talking about? I didn’t get it.” Sunggyu really don’t understand why did Hoya explode out of sudden. And Hoya just called him by honorific title, not hyung, like the first time they met, as if they were strangers.

“You don’t get it? Hmph. Of course you won’t get it, since you even couldn’t get to write a story by your own,” Hoya mocked.

Sunggyu agape at Hoya remark and still didn’t catch the direction of their conversation. What did his novel had to do with Woohyun condition? Why did Hoya suddenly bring out about his novel now? Dongwoo didn’t help at all, as he just stood beside him and tried to understand the conversation.

“Are you playing dumb right now?” Hoya walked closer to Sunggyu. “I found your notes, Sunggyu-ssi. The notes you used to write whatever idea that suddenly popped-out so you could made a story about it. And I also found out that you write about my brother, about his condition!”

Although Dongwoo still didn’t quiet understand with the situation, but he just react as Hoya grabbed Sunggyu’s collar harshly. “Yah, yah. Don’t you dare to touch my boyfriend,” Dongwoo grasped Hoya’s hand and forced him to release his grip on Sunggyu. Dongwoo pushed his lover behind and shielded him so Hoya couldn’t touch him again.

“How stupid I am. I really did thought that you were really cared about him, but it turns out that you just used him as a character in your novel.” Hoya turned away, refused to see Sunggyu anymore.

“No, Hoya. There must be a misunderstanding here. I didn’t…”

But Hoya cut his explanation, “Go. I’ll never let you see Woohyunnie again.”

“Hoya…”

“Go.”

Dongwoo embraced Sunggyu’s shoulder and started to drag him away, “Come on, hyung. Hoya is not in a condition where you could argue with him right now. Let him calm first, okay. Come on.” And Dongwoo brought Sunggyu out from the hospital and drove him back to the hotel. Dongwoo wanted to know what did happen and wanted Sunggyu to explain the misunderstanding between him and Hoya. But Dongwoo really didn’t want to push Hoya’s limit. He’s afraid if suddenly Hoya going brutal and laid some punch on Sunggyu instead of talking in peace.

*

The room was silent, except for the sound of bed sheet rustling that caused by Sunggyu who couldn’t sleep at all. Sunggyu could sense Dongwoo’s body whose sleep beside him on the bed. He envied him because Dongwoo looked like he had a peaceful sleep. Sunggyu reached out to take his phone from the bedside, checking the time. It’s already passed midnight. So it means he already lay down on the bed for hours, tried to sleep, but he just couldn’t.

Silently, because he didn’t want to disturb the sleeping Dongwoo, Sunggyu got out from the bed. He slumped his body to the chair, as his eyes caught a note that laying on top the table. A note that have leopard-skin-motif as its cover. A note that apparently mentioned by Hoya before. He got the notes and opened it, searching a certain page. The room was dim, but he didn’t want to disturb Dongwoo’s sleep, so he didn’t turn on any light. He just relied on the moonlight that illuminate through the window glass.

When Sunggyu reached the page that he searched for, he read it. He read his own handwriting.

Sunggyu started to feel his eyes getting warmer. If only he didn’t write it. If only he didn’t carelessly leave the note on the table. If only Dongwoo didn't bring Hoya to their hotel room. Hoya won’t get angry with him and chase him away from the hospital. And now he wouldn’t die from his curiosity about Woohyun’s condition.

Sunggyu let a drop of tears escaped his eyes as he remembered Woohyun. He was so happy when finally Woohyun opened his eyes that afternoon. After almost a day full, finally Woohyun regained his consciousness. But his happiness scattered as Woohyun just stared at him confusedly and asked, “Where am I? And… who are you?”

 

 

***

Cliffhanger, again...

,,>.<,,