Chapter 16 ~ Maybe This Vacation was not A Good Idea

A Man Outside, A Kid Inside

“I’m going to propose him tonight. Will you let me?”

Hoya stared confusedly at Dongwoo. He blinked once. “Err, and you asked me because…?” Hoya didn’t understand why Dongwoo needs his approval. It’s not like Hoya is Sunggyu’s Appa, or his brother, or former boyfriend, or something.

“Because you need him too, right, to be your brother’s babysitter. He will be busy with the preparation of the wedding and it may reduce his free time, and he can’t accompany your brother,” Dongwoo explained.

“Oh, you’re right.”

“And…” Dongwoo seemed not sure to continue his sentences. “Because of my job, I had to move to another city next two month. And I’m going to bring him along too. So, maybe you had to find another babysitter for your brother. Sorry.” Dongwoo finished with an apologetic face.

“Oh, next two month?” Hoya startled. Dongwoo responded by nodding his head.

After a moment of silence, Hoya opened his mouth again. “It’s okay. I think my former babysitter can work for me again in his winter break. And I still think that you don’t need to ask my permission tough. Just do it, ask him.”

“Thank you,” Dongwoo flashed his smile. “And I’m truly sorry, for causing the inconvenient.”

“Come on, let’s fetch our baby,” Dongwoo grinned and stood. Hoya followed him, and they walked up to Sunggyu who had a hard time to hold Woohyun so he won’t plunge to the water. (“But that swan haven’t got his lunch yet, Hyung~” pointed at a swan who swam in the middle of the lake.)

*

“Woohyunnie.”

Hoya heard Sunggyu’s soft gasped. He tried to look more clearly at his brother, but it just a little bit too far. Since his brother is on the other side of the arena. And some people blocked his view. Hoya widened his eyes when he saw Sunggyu jumped over the waist-high fence and entering the arena, the bumper-car arena.

Oh no, it’s not good. Sunggyu might be hit by another bumper-cars. Although the speed was not as fast as a normal car, but the impact is still dangerous for bare body. But fortunately, Sunggyu could avoid the cars and arrive at the other side safely, approaching Woohyun. Hoya intended to do the same, jump over the fence, but the operator of the bumper-car arena gave him a warning look. So Hoya changed his mind and decided to walk to the operator and asked him to stop the bumper-car, he knew there’s still possibility Sunggyu got hit by the cars.

“What happened? Why your friend jumped to the arena? That’s dangerous, you know!” The officer already turned off the electricity, so all the bumper-car in the arena stopped.

“I know, I know. And I’m sorry. I think my brother got panic attack, there,” Hoya pointed at Woohyun’s direction. Woohyun still sat in his bumper-car, while Sunggyu crouched down beside his car. Most of the other passenger already walked out from the arena, since they think their time already out. But Hoya could see Dongwoo walked approaching Sunggyu.

“Panic attack? Why? You shouldn’t let him play bumper-car from the beginning!” The officer still threw some lectures to Hoya, but he cut it, “sorry, I had to bring him out from here.” Then Hoya dashed to his brother, leaving the still angry officer who yelled, “yah, do it fast! People’s waiting, you know!”

“How is he?” Hoya asked Sunggyu who now sat besides Woohyun in the bumper-car, having trembling-Woohyun in his embrace. Dongwoo crouched down on Sunggyu’s previous position, beside the car.

“I don't know. He couldn’t stop trembling and didn’t answer me.” Hoya could feel the slight panic tone in Sunggyu’s voice.

Hoya tried to get nearer to Woohyun, after Dongwoo moved his position a little. “Woohyunnie, it’s Hyungie. What’s wrong?” He reached out his arm, Woohyun’s back tenderly.

Woohyun whispered something. But neither of them could catch it, because it was so weak. But Woohyun whispered again and again, getting louder each time he said it and also getting more panicked. Sunggyu tried his best to hold him and soothed him calm. Until at one point Woohyun screamed and sobbed and trembled hard.

And passed out.

Hoya frozen, didn’t know what to do. Sunggyu, who still embracing Woohyun’s now limp body, also not moving. The silence was too suffocating, until Dongwoo broke it, “let’s bring him to the hospital.”

*

Hoya started to realize the vacation was not a good idea. First Woohyun cried for their parents a day before. Then he knew Sunggyu already had a boyfriend (though Hoya didn’t understand why he put that fact into the ‘not-good-list’. But he still put it), and might leave him in the next two month. And now Woohyun got a panic attack, until they had to send him to the hospital.

He sighed and tightened his hold on Woohyun’s hand, who lay unconscious on the hospital bed. The doctor already examined him. He’s okay, just got his panic attack. And the doctor said he might wake up anytime now. And Hoya had to called the doctor after Woohyun regained his consciousness so they could examine him again.

Hoya felt stupid. Why did he let Woohyun played the bumper-car? Just because Woohyun threw his puppy-look and some bunny-aegyo. How come he let a traumatize person that caused by car accident, to play bumper-car? Where did he put his brain, of course at that game other cars will hit Woohyun’s car, and maybe some of them will crashed hard. And that exactly happened right before Woohyun started suffered his panic attack that caused Sunggyu to breach inside the arena. Stupid Hoya.

It’s already passed midnight. Hoya felt bad for Sunggyu and Dongwoo who asleep on the uncomfortable couch that provided in the room, leaning their head on each other. Moreover when he remembered Dongwoo already planned to take Sunggyu out for date and proposed him tonight. The room was quiet and no sound produced, but Hoya still could hear Woohyun’s last sentence before he passed out.

“The car… crashed… Appa, Umma, mianhae…”

 

 

***

Err, did you guys catch the situation? I think I didn’t describe it well. :(

So, after their lunch (and feeding the swan), Woohyun begged to play bumper-car that (also) not far from the restaurant. It’s only Woohyun and Dongwoo who played. Hoya and Sunggyu just watched from the outside of the arena. At one time Woohyun’s bumper-car got hit hard, and he startled because of the impact. He started to get panic attacked as he seemed remembered his accident. And Sunggyu realized that Woohyun act strange although his position is outside the arena.