Chapter 1 ~ First Encounter

A Man Outside, A Kid Inside

Kim Sunggyu walked slowly through the street in the traditional market. The aisle was small, full with small stands and aunty-seller shouted promoting their stuff. Sunggyu’s small eyes scanned the list-note in his right hand, while the other hand was already full with some groceries bags. Almost all the goods in the list were already bought.

Suddenly he heard a soft cry. Curious, Sunggyu searched for the source of the sound. And he got to a deserted aisle. Sunggyu half expected the cry came from a kid who get separated from his parents. But what he saw was a man around his age, well maybe two or three years younger. That man crouched down with his shoulder shaken because of his crying. Sunggyu came closer and poked the man on the shoulder.

“Yah, why are you crying?”

The man tried to stop crying so he can answered, “H-Hyungie… Hiks hiks… Woohyunnie lost his hyungie. Hiks hiks… Where’s my hyungie?”

Sunggyu let his jaw dropped. What’s weirder than an already grown-up man crying in public? That’s the already grown-up man talked in the way of a little kid talk. And said that he lost his hyung? Well, Sunggyu really should close his mouth before any flies do harm to it.

Sunggyu tried to regain his mind and inspected the still crying man. But the man seemed pretty normal according to his outer appearance. Just like a normal man, with jeans, black t-shirt and red jacket. Sunggyu looked at their surrounding but people only walked pass them as if nothing happened. Only a few gave a quick glance. Since his soft heart couldn’t stand people crying, Sunggyu just couldn’t left the man alone and feel the urge to help.

“Yah, stop crying. How about I help you to find your hyungie?” Sunggyu patted the man’s hair. He cringed when said ‘hyungie’, it felt weird for him.

“Really?” The man sobbed. Sunggyu nodded and offered his hand. Soon, they walked through the street hand in hand.

“So, what’s your name?”

“Ajusshi, you should tell your name first before asking for people name,” the man pouted. In another occasion Sunggyu might found that the pout was cute, but he was a little bit pissed since the man addressed him as ajusshi.

“I’m Kim Sunggyu. And please don’t call me ajusshi. I’m not that old.”

“Well, then can Woohyunnie call you Hyung?”

Sunggyu nodded.

“Yaaay, it’s Gyu-gyu-Hyung then,” Sunggyu then got a big hug from the man. Sunggyu can only blink his eyes, and then the hug stopped.

“My name is Woohyun. Woohyunnie, and I’m seven,” the man showed seven fingers, smiled brightly.

Sunggyu raised his eyebrows, he’s very sure this Woohyun-guy must be much much older than seven years old. But Sunggyu just replied, “Well, I’m twenty two.”

“Woaah, Gyu-gyu-Hyung really not that old,” said Woohyun, sound amazed.

“Umm… Woohyun, can you tell how’s your hyungie, so we can find him?” asked Sunggyu.

Woohyun nodded energetically and started explaining, “My hyungie is the best hyung in the world. He is very smart and kind. He also very handsome.”

“Umm, Wohyunnie, I mean his appearance. What he wears will be very helping,” Sunggyu tried to change his question. Hope it’s easier to understand by a seven years mind.

“Aah, today my hungie wear something cool. Well, he always looks cool.”

Sunggyu sighed. He was no longer listening to Woohyun’s rumble about his cool-hyungie. He just keep walking –half dragging Woohyun– along the street, his eyes scanned all the people tried to identify someone who wear ‘something cool’. After almost seems like fifteen minutes, Sunggu heard someone called for Woohyun.

A man ran toward them and hugged Woohyun, “Aigomonina, Wohyunnie. Are you okay? I searched for you everywhere.” The man examined Woohyun, who smiled sheepishly. After he was sure that his dongsaeng was okay, the man then turned to Sunggyu. “Hi, I’m Hoya. Sorry for troubling you. Thanks for your kindness. I just turned a second for buying him an ice cream, but then he’s already disappeared.” Hoya glared to his dongsaeng, who mumbled about a pretty butterfly that fly cutely.

“It’s okay. He’s a good boy. He’s not troubling me much. Ah, I’m Sunggyu, by the way,” Sunggyu smiled to Hoya. This guy was really looks cool, indeed.

“Mind if I treat you something? Though it’s already pass the time to lunch but I know a delicious restaurant around here,” offered Hoya.

“Oh, no thanks. You don’t need to,” Sunggyu tried to refuse.

“But Woohyunnie wants to eat lunch with Gyu-gyu-hyuuuu~ng,” Woohyun pulled Sunggyu’s arm and started to shake it forward and backward.

“Well?” Hoya smiled to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu puffed his cheek. He couldn’t break the kid’s heart. Furthermore he had something in his mind and he really wanted to ask it to Hoya.

 

 

********

Author's Note:

Just assume the image of WooHyun crouched down and crying is like the picture above, hehhe...

The pict is not mine, I just found it cute, and a little bit suit for this chappie, hehhe.. ^^