Chapter 2 ~ Too Much Sugar and Sweets Are Not Good for Him

A Man Outside, A Kid Inside

Just a short chapter, explaining about Woohyun condition..

****

 

“So, you must be curious about him, right?”

They already finished their meal. And now Woohyun was on the counter, looking at the delicious cake that displayed on it. It seemed that Hoya and Woohyun were a regular customer on that restaurant, since the waiter didn’t mind Woohyun sticking to the glass display. Fortunately they were the only customers at that time.

It really a weird view. An already grown-up guy around his early twenties, sticking and almost drooling on the glass display wished for a cake. He was pouting, since his hyung already refused to buy him the cake.

“Are you really not going to buy him one of those cake?” Sunggyu asked.

“Too much sugar and sweets are not good for him. It’ll make him being too hyperactive. Besides he had to be punished for not being a good boy, leaving me and got lost,” Hoya said calmly.

Sunggyu nodded. After a while, he said again, “Well, mind if you tell me what happened to your dongsaeng?” He hoped the question was not too sensitive to Hoya.

“Well, first, he is not my dongsaeng. Actually I am the dongsaeng. I’m a year younger than him, and he is twenty-one years old. But since he thinks that he is seven years old now, so he called me his hyung. Though sometimes he behave like a toddler, as if he only four years old. His age is depends on his mood.”

Hoya sipped his coffee and continued. “He got an accident. He’s lucky because he’s still alive, but our parents not. Both of them passed away immediately. It happened almost two years ago. After felt into comatose condition for almost one month, he gained his conscious. But his brain damaged and he is losing his memory and acting like a kid.”

“D-did it permanent?”

“It might be. I don’t know, and the doctors also don’t know. But he is having a treatment in the hospital, some kind of therapy. He is way much better in this past few months,” Hoya explained.

“Aah, I’m so-“

“Don’t.” Hoya cut Sunggyu. “Please don’t say that you are sorry. It’s not your fault. Hah, I don’t understand why people always say sorry when they heard the story.”

“Well, I will not said it then,” Sunggyu tried to smile, though his heart felt so sad. He felt so sympathy with Woohyun’s condition.

“Hyungie… Let’s go home,” Woohyun got back to their table. He’s already bored staring at the cake, and finally accepted his destiny can’t get the cake. After paid for the meal, Hoya then insisted to drive Sunggyu to home as his gratitude for helping Woohyun.

 

 

 

***

The pic: imagine when Hoya said no to Woohyun when he asked for the cakes,,