Chapter 21 ~ I Do Care About Him

A Man Outside, A Kid Inside

Who are you?

As Woohyun let that word out from his mouth, Sunggyu felt like the sky fall on him. Did Woohyun get another amnesia, losing ALL of his memory? Or was it the opposite, Woohyun regained his memory back, remembered everything that happened before the accident, but the consequences was he forgot everything that happened in the past two years, along with the memory of Sunggyu?

Sunggyu tried to calm his heart and pushed the emergency button to call the nurse. And let the medic team do their job, while he waiting outside. Waiting to know about what really happened to Woohyun.

But now Sunggyu won’t be able to know the truth because Hoya already banned him to see Woohyun again. He won’t be able to know was Woohyun really forgot everything about him or not?

Sunggyu started to sob. It hurts. That he couldn’t see Woohyun again. And the probability of Woohyun may not remember him at all. It hurts his heart so much. His hot tears rolled down and stained his cheeks. Dripping passed his chin and soaked his front shirt.

“Hyung?”

Dongwoo’s voice sound so hoarse, because he just awoken from his deep sleep. “Why you are not in the bed? Why didn’t you sleep? Omo, are you crying?” Dongwoo rushed to Sunggyu’s side and hugged him.

“Why are you crying, Hyung?” Dongwoo tightened his embraced on his lover. He patted his back tried to make him calmer.

At first Sunggyu could only sobbed hard and couldn’t utter any word. He just hugged Dongwoo back and clung onto him tight as if his live was depended on it. But after a while, he tried to say something. He managed to say it between his sob, “I didn’t write it to make him as a character in my novel. I didn’t being besides him to make any plot for my novel. I didn’t care about him so I can write my novel. I do care about him. I don’t know why, but I really do. There’s no reason. I just do care about him.”

Little that Sunggyu didn’t know, it broke Dongwoo’s heart as his lover being in his embraced but cried over another man and confessed that he really care about that another man.

*

On the morning, Sunggyu came back to the hospital, with Dongwoo tailing behind him, because that man didn’t want Hoya laid a hand on his precious. But for Sunggyu’s dismay, Hoya already discharged Woohyun from the hospital. Then, Dongwoo drive him to the campsite. But once again, they late already, Hoya and Woohyun already left.

“Come on, we still can go to their house,” Dongwoo comforting Sunggyu. He brought Sunggyu back to their hotel to pick up their belonging. Along the journey back to their city, Sunggyu kept quiet and motionless. Through the corner of his eyes, Dongwoo steal a glance toward Sunggyu few times, his lover look so lifeless. Dongwoo tried to catch his attention and persuaded him to talk, but Sunggyu gave no respond and drowned in his own sad world.

“Here we are,” Dongwoo stopped his car.

Finally Sunggyu back to his sense and recognize his surrounding. The soft-lime-green house, brown wood fence, nicely trimmed grass. “It’s our house,” he stated.

“Of course it is. Where do you think I’ll bring you?” Dongwoo asked in monotone.

“I-I think you are going to drive me to Woohyunnie’s place?” Sunggyu sounded confuse.

“If only you answer me when I asked you his address, we are already in front of his house now,” Dongwoo maintained his flat tone.

“Oh, sorry. I think I didn’t hear you. My mind was too occupied during our way just now,” Sunggyu tried to remember.

“Not only just now, hyung. You never told me his address for this past few weeks, although I always want to drive you there,” unconsciously Dongwoo raised his voice a bit.

Silent.

“Sorry. I’ll just take a bus then,” Sunggyu said in tiny voice, and got out from the car.

“No, wait. Hyung, that’s not what I meant.” Dongwoo hopped out from his seat and tried to chase Sunggyu. But the said man already disappeared on the corner.

After a brief journey by bus, finally Sunggyu arrived at Woohyun’s house. He knocked the door, but nobody opened it. Maybe Hoya saw him through the peephole and decided not to open the door for him. Sunggyu wait and wait until the night came. Finally he decided to leave and get home right before he missed the last bus.

The next morning, Sunggyu came again to Woohyun’s house. But apparently nobody home, because Hoya’s car was not there.

“They are going to the therapist, Hyung.” Sungjong informed Sunggyu when he tried to call. “It seems Woohyunnie will be undergo a more intense therapy this time. I’ll call you again if I got another information, okay?”

At late night, finally the awaited persons back. But Hoya just walked straight to the home, ignoring Sunggyu’s plea to listen at his word. Hoya’s hand dragging Woohyun who looked at Sunggyu with curious face.

Sunggyu didn’t give up easily. He came again on the next day, and the day after that. He waited patiently from morning until late at night in front of Hoya’s house. He came with the earliest bus that could take him and get home by the last bus that operated on that day. But it’s always either Hoya didn't open the door for Sunggyu when they’re home, or just ignored Sunggyu when he and Woohyun go or back from the therapist.

Until finally on the seventh day, or maybe it on the tenth day? Sunggyu already lost count, the door opened. Sunggyu expected it to be Hoya, but it was Woohyun who opened the door. Woohyun slide out and closed the door behind him slowly.

“Who are you? And why are you always waiting in front of our house everyday?” Woohyun asked in low voice.

Sunggyu still couldn’t believe that Woohyun was forgot about him. He gulped down the lump feeling on his throat. Instead of asking ‘Are you really forgetting me, Woohyunnie?’ Sunggyu asked, “W-where is Hoya?”

“Sshhtt… He is taking a bath right now, that’s why I could sneak out now,” that’s explaining why Woohyun was whispering. “He forbid me to meet you, yet he didn’t tell me who are you. So I’m going to ask you by myself. Who are you?” Woohyun asked once again.

“So, you really didn’t remember me?” Sunggyu’s eyes start watering. Oh, how he hate himself this past day. He cried easily, he cried every night until he asleep, and he cried as the first thing he did once he opened his eyes in the morning.

“I’m sorry. But I think I don’t know you.” Woohyun apologized.

Sunggyu tried not to sob, but he couldn’t stop the tears started poured out from his eyes. How he missed Woohyun very much. Even when finally he could see and talk with him, but Woohyun didn’t remember him at all. I miss you oh yes I do.

Suddenly the door behind them opened, revealing Hoya in his angry stated. “Hyung, get in,” he said in low tone, tried to hold his anger. “And I mean Woo-Hyung. Not you, Sunggyu-ssi.” Woohyun looked hesitant at first, but he complied and get inside.

“Didn’t I already forbid you to meet him?”

“Hoya, listen to me first. There’s a misunderstanding here. What you saw was not my note. That’s my journal, my diary. I had no intention to make Woohyunnie as character in my story. I didn’t write any story that correspondent to his condition.” Sunggyu started explaining quickly, despite his crying. Because he afraid Hoya will just slam the door in front of him if he didn’t do it fast. "That’s just my diary, okay, I write it just for myself. I tried to find more about his condition from literature, but it just a note for myself, so I could understand him better."

“Really?” Hoya seemed uncertain.

“Yes. Forgive me please, Hoya?” Sunggyu plead.

“Alright, I forgive you. But I still forbid you to meet Woo-hyung.” Hoya said flatly.

“W-why?” Sunggyu felt his breath restrained.

“Woo-hyung is not a kid anymore. He doesn’t need you to be his babysitter anymore. Furthermore, he also didn’t remember anything about you. Just go, live your life with Dongwoo-ssi.” Hoya closed the door.

I’m sorry Gyu-Hyung, but it’s just me being selfish. If I couldn’t have you, or if Woo-Hyung couldn’t have you too, then I don’t want to see you anymore around us.

*

“So, who’s he, Hoya?” Woohyun asked after Hoya got back inside the house.

“Just a friend.”

“If he’s a friend, why you treat him that cold?”

“Because he’s a bad person.”

Silent. After a while.

“Hey, Hoya.” Woohyun asked again.

“What?”

“You know, I always wondering. I’m older than you, but why you always treat me as if I’m much-much younger than you?”

“Hehhe, sorry Hyung, It just already became a habit to me.”

“What habit? And why you still didn’t tell me what already happened in this pass two years.”

“Take it slow, Hyung. Just take it slow, maybe you’ll remember everything again.”

 

 

 

***

Did you guys already listened to Sunggyu's Shine?? /Fangirling mode: on,,>.<,,

 

So, the next chapter may be the last chapter (or may be the next two chapter),,^^,,