Chapter 19 ~ Your Brother Regains His Consciousness

A Man Outside, A Kid Inside

“You ditch me by only leaving a ‘call me’ message on sticky-note. And now you are telling me, you left me with Woohyun and going to date Hoya?”

Dongwoo could hear the slight annoyed tone in Sunggyu’s voice. He chuckled a bit and answered, “Yeah, baby. Sorry I didn’t wake you up before, because you look too tired. And Woohyun was still asleep too, so I didn’t see the reason why I need to wake you up. Hey, at least I fixed your sleeping position into a more comfortable state.”

“Yeah, yeah. You sure make me perfectly comfortable by stealing a pillow from a sick-person.” A hint of sarcasm heard. Dogwoo did took one of Wooyun’s pillow and shove it under Sunggyu’s head before he go, without Hoya knowing, of course. “Why you suddenly take Hoya out?”

“I just going to loose Hoya’s tense a bit, he’s worrying his brother too much. I’m afraid if he got sick and I want him to keep sane. And I still love you, babe.”

“I know, I know. I just hope you at least woke me up before you go and told me directly.” And Dongwoo could perfectly imagine the pout in Sunggyu’s lips. “And where are you guys now?”

“In a café, near the hospital. We’ve just ordered our breakfast. And you should also get your own breakfast too. Get down to the hospital canteen for a while, okay?” Dongwoo forced Sunggyu to promise him to have his own meal.

“I’ll ask the waiter here if there’s an interesting place to visit around here and take Hoya there. After that I’ll bring him to our hotel so we could rest a while and I’ll bring him back to the hospital before it dark,” Dongwoo explained his plan to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu responded by hummed softly.

“And, babe, could you inform me as soon as possible if something happened there? Don’t call Hoya first because he might be got frightened right when you call him. I’ll tell him carefully and bring him back to the hospital immediately.”

“Okay,” Sunggyu sighed. “Take care of him, Dongwoo-ah.” Then he ended their phone call.

“Who’s that? Is that Gyu-Hyung? Did something happen to Woo-hyung?” Hoya who just came back from the rest room bombarded Dongwoo with non-stop questions.

“No, no. Sunggyu-hyung just asked where were we. Everything is fine,” Dongwoo tried to make Hoya calm. “Come on, let’s eat.”

Hoya sighed and slumped back to his chair. With a heavy heart, he picked his spoon and started to dig his omelet cheese. He didn’t feel hungry at all, though he was skipping his dinner last night, he just hope Dongwoo will bring him back to the hospital as soon as he finished his meal.

*

Hoya laid his back on the bed. He just finished his bath and Dongwoo demanded him to rest and take a nap, while Dongwoo take turn to shower. He could hear faint sound of Dongwoo’s voice singing something in between the voice of the drip water. Hoya sighed, he knew he’s tired, but he just couldn’t make his eyes shut. And his brain refused to take a rest too. He couldn’t stop thinking about Woohyun, even when Dongwoo take him out walking in the forest. (Dongwoo decided to bring him back to the campsite so Hoya could take same of his clothes and another necessary belonging from his tent.)

Hoya stood up from the bed and decided to sit on the chair beside the windows so he could enjoy the view from their fourteenth level room hotel. The scenery was pretty good and he could saw the campsite from the distant. Hoya just stared outside the window mindlessly, until suddenly a small note with leopard-skin-print-cover on the table beside his chair caught his attention. He extended his hand to reach the note, that appeared belongs to Sunggyu, since the name was scribbled on the very first page.

Did Hyungie know? Gyugyu-hyung always brought a small note with him everywhere. He said he bring it so he could wrote any idea that pop-up to him before it gone again.

Suddenly Hoya remembered what Woohyun told him before. It felt like long days ago, but actually it just two days ago. Too many occurrences happened in one day. Hoya started to open the note on random pages and skimming here and there. He didn’t curious with the note, yes he did curious to know what kind of book did Sunggyu write, but he didn’t want to read the raw-ide. He just did it because he bored and had nothing to do. Hoya didn’t really read the contents, until some words caught his eyes. So he flipped the page back and read it. And he found a few pages that really made his blood boiled.

*

Dongwoo walked out from the bathroom and found Hoya slumped at the chair, stared blankly outside the window. Dongwoo huffed, why couldn’t this guy just take some rest?

Hoya seemed too immersed in his own world, and didn’t recognize Dongwoo’s presence. Dongwoo walked silently to the bed and pushed down his body on it. Actually he felt so tired. His sleep last night was uncomfortable and he had accompanied Hoya all day. He reached his phone from the bedside, wanting to set an alarm. Ten minutes nap won’t hurt, right. But his intention to sleep vanished when he realize that he got some missed calls and a message from Sunggyu. Apparently Sunggyu contacted him when he still in the bathroom. He read the message and jumped out from the bed. “Hey,” he called Hoya. “Your brother regains his consciousness.” It seemed that Dongwoo already forgot his initial promise with Sunggyu to tell Hoya in a careful way.

Hoya jolted out from the chair as if he got a sudden electricity shock. He grabbed his jacket and his belonging and dashed out from the room, and Dongwoo followed him after picked the car key.

 

 

***

They didn't back to their city yet. They bring Woohyun to the nearest hospital.

And I just couldn't write the yadong-romance that you all want, hahha, sorry~