Extra-3

We Can Call It Fate

A/N  Blue is for Wu Fan's mind, and Orange is for Hee Jin's mind.


Mei Li was reading in her room when she heard something was hitting her window.

I’m sure I hear something..

She opened her window and she poked her head out of her window.

“Mei Li..” she heard a sound from below.

Surprised, she found Wu Fan standing under her window, holding a pebble. “Wu Fan! What are you doing there? It’s late already.”

“It’s just.. I want to see you.. Can you come down?”

“Okay.. Stay there..” Hee Jin closed her window and tiptoed to come out.

Once she meet Wu Fan, she clucked her tongue. “You almost got into trouble, Wu Fan. Let’s sit there.” Hee Jin pointed a bench in her garden.

“So what is it?” Hee Jin started after she sit beside Wu Fan.

“It’s my graduation tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I know.. Finally you graduated. While I still have one more year to graduate..” she said blankly.

“Are you sad?”

“Of course.. You’re my best friend.. But I can always come to your house, right? At least, I can see you even when we’re not in the same school anymore..”

Wu Fan feels his heart crushed. What if she knows that after this, she maybe will never see me again?

“What if.. Just what if.. If you cannot see me again?” he asked carefully.

“Huh? Should I answer that?”

Wu Fan nodded.

“Maybe I cannot find a best friend anymore..” she laugh. “What kind of question is that? Didn’t you promised that we will always be best friend and grow up together?”

Wu Fan faked smiled, while his heart broken into pieces.

“It’s late, you should go home now, Wu Fan. I don’t want you to be scolded by your dad..” Hee Jin get up from her seat.

“Mei Li, can you come tomorrow to my graduation?” asked Wu Fan.

“Of course.. Now go home.. I’ll see you tomorrow..”

“Okay.. Good night..”

“Good night..” with that, Wu Fan walked away.

***

Graduation Day

“Wu Fan, stand close to your parents..” a photographer directed him to take a graduation photo.

“Click!”

“Okay! It came out nice. We will send this to your house later.” said the photographer.

Wu Fan looked around to find Hee Jin. Not long after, she spotted Hee Jin waved at him from a corner. She hold a flower bouquet in her hand.

“Mom, Dad, I’m going to see Hee Jin for a while.” he said to his parents.

His mom just flash a nod and continue mingling with other parents. Wu Fan ran to meet Hee Jin.

“You’ve come?” a smile plastered on Wu Fan’s face.

Hee Jin handed him the bouquet. “Congratulations!”

“Thank you..” he take the bouquet.

“Where’s your parents?”

“Oh, they are there.. They’re busy with other parents.”

“Ah, I see..” Hee Jin nod her head.

“Hmm.. Mei Li.. I have something to tell you..” he look at Hee Jin’s eyes.

“What is it?”

“Let’s go to the tree first. It’s too crowded here..” he hold her hand and pull her away to the tree.

“Mei Li, I have to tell you something..” said Wu Fan after they arrived at the tree.

“What is it?”

He paused for a moment. “I’m moving to America next week..” he hangs his head low.

She stared at him in disbelief.

“My dad.. Wants me to study there..” he continued.

“You’re not.. coming back?”

“I don’t know..”

“You’re leaving?”

There was a long pause between them.

“I’m sorry, Mei Li..”

“You promised that we are going to be best friend forever..” a small tears formed in Hee Jin’s eyes.

“It’s against my will, too, Mei Li.. I’m sorry..”

Unexpectedly, Hee Jin ran away, crying.

“I’m sorry, Mei Li..” he whispered.

***

Hee Jin spent a day crying after that day. Wu Fan also didn’t show up in front of her. The tree, is still the only place where she spent lunch break, just like before. But the difference is, now she’s alone sitting on the branch.

Hee Jin feel lost. All of her friends is class is not the same as Wu Fan.

It was Wu Fan’s departure day. Hee Jin decide not to show up in the airport.

Suddenly she hear Wu Fan’s voice calling her “Mei Li..” along with a pebble thrown to her window.

Hee Jin opened her window and saw him waving from below.

“What are you doing here?” she asked. “Shouldn’t you now going to the airport for your departure?”

He smiled. “Catch!” he throw something. Something small land in my palm. A ring.

“It’s my promise, Mei Li. I will come back! Just wait, I will be back to you and never leave again!” he said.

“Wu Fan, we should go now!” Hee Jin heard his parents call him from the sideways.

“I’m going Mei Li.. I promise I’ll find you! I will take care of you for the rest of my life!” he said one last time.

Please wait for me Mei Li.. Until I’m capable to tell you that I like you, and taking care of you..

He waved to Hee Jin and head to his parents.

Hee Jin watch as Wu Fan’s car is gone. She smiled softly at the ring and slipping it to her finger.

I’ll keep your promise, Wu Fan..

-END-


A/N So I finally done it.. My first fanfic.. This fic is my first attempt to come back writing after a long hiatus.. And since it's my first story in English (I also write stories before, in my mother language), it's awkward and my English is also not as good. It's also awkward for me to portrtay a scene, because, yeah, my brain is getting rusty in writing since I haven't write a story in like 3 years.. So, please please please please please do comment.. I really appreciated it. Last, thank you for anyone who read this, especially those who subscribed and commented :D