Chapter 3

We Can Call It Fate

Finally it's time. My holy matrimony. I was sitting alone in the waiting room, while suddenly I hear a knock on the door.
 

"Come in.." I said.
 

"Hey, beautiful bride.." it's my mom.
 

I smiled. "Mom, you came already?"
 

"Yes of course. Since my only daughter is married today, I can't help but to do other thing in a rush to come here earlier."
 

She hugged me. "I hope you will always be happy.."
 

"Miss, it's about the time to start the ceremony." it was my cue to come out.
 

"I'm proud of you, daughter.." I hear my mom whisper.
 

There, in front of the closed door of the venue, stand Grandpa Wu. He will be my .
 

"You're ready, Hee Jin?"
 

I took a deep breath and nodded.
 

"You are beautiful. Kris is really lucky to have you as his wife." he assure and take my hand in his.
I hope he also think that way.

 

The double door was opened and I slowly walking down the aisle. From a far, I can see Kris standing there, and.... smiling to me?
 

Did I see it wrong?
 

When I reach the aisle, I really did see Kris was smiling to me. Even though I was surprised, I smiled back to him. He hold my hand.
 

Of course, it's in front of everyone..
 

"Here in front of God, do you, Kris Wu take Kim Hee Jin to be your wife, to love her unconditionally, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until forever?"
 

"Yes, I do.." he said while smiling warmly to me. Is he the same person who meet me before?
 

"Do you, Kim Hee Jin take Kris Wu to be your husband, to love her unconditionally, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until forever?"
 

I silently sighed. "I do.."
 

"There, I shall pronounced you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."
 

As he leaned closer and kiss my lips, I could feel his warm--almost loving gaze. His kiss, is gentle and.... sincere.
 

What is this? What changed him?