Play Time

Snowflake

After getting themselves together and Luhan failing to get Sehun to wear a pink hat for the 5th time, they stepped into the winter wonderland. It had stopped snowing, but the stairs leading down from the door was covered in ice. Sehun led the way down the steps, holding his hand out to Luhan for support. He accepted and clutched Sehun’s gloved hand with a thankful smile. Sehun smiled back and they carried down, slowly but carefully. But once Sehun placed foot on the slippery street, he lost balance and started sliding, arms flailing everywhere. Luhan, who was still standing on the bottom step, let go of Sehun’s hand and gripped him under the arm. Sehun’s other hand found Luhan and held onto him for dear life. Sehun stopped his feet and stood still, looking at them. He then bought his heavy head up to face Luhan. Luhan was looking back at him, beaming with his eyes laughing.

“Idiot.”

Sehun laughed awkwardly and looked away. He hated embarrassing himself, especially in front of Luhan. He felt Luhan gently his hair and move his grip so they were now holding hands again. Luhan went down the last step, holding Sehun’s hands and tugged them towards him. Sehun looked back and Luhan grinned.

“Come on air-head,”

Luhan locked his fingers into Sehun’s and led him down the street. Just then, a cold winter breeze blew and caught the hairs on the back of Sehun’s neck. He shook himself and hooked on Luhan’s arm, pressing close to him.

“Where do you want to go then?” Luhan asked. Sehun glanced at Luhan with a confused expression on his face.

“I thought you knew where we were going,” Sehun replied hesitantly. Luhan peered back at Sehun with mischief written all over his face. Sehun knew that look and feared it. Luhan’s eyes twinkled with happiness and a slow smile started growing on his face. Luhan was going to take him anywhere and everywhere he could. Sehun sighed. He could tell this was going to be a long day.

“Ok,” he said correcting himself, “Where are we going first?”. Luhan looked around. He hadn’t really planned what they were going to do. He knew where he wanted to take Sehun, but he didn’t know in what order. He was about to confess about his lack of plan, until he spotted an empty sports field. No one had been on because the thick snow was still even and untouched. Plus, they were up a little early so children had come out to play yet. Luhan stopped walking and stared at the white blanket. Hooked onto Luhan, Sehun got pulled back and stood next to him. Sehun’s eyes wondered around, trying to find what attracted Luhan’s attention.

“Over there,” Luhan said, pointing at the sports field, “Let’s go there first.” But before Sehun had time to object, Luhan had dragged him across the road and started stomping through the thick snow to the middle of the field.

“Come on,” Luhan called back to Sehun, who was trying to take big strides to avoid getting his feet too wet. “Help me build a snowman!”. Luhan bent over and began to collect the snow around his feet into one big clump. He picked it up and patted the edges to form a ball. Luhan turn around to show Sehun his creation, but he got attacked. Sehun had thrown a snowball at Luhan, which missed him and taken a chunk of snow out of the ‘snowman’ instead. Luhan was gobsmacked. He looked down at the ruined snowball, then at Sehun, and back to the snowball with his mouth hanging open. Sehun laughed at Luhan’s pained expression and started to produce another snowball. When Sehun turned away, Luhan picked pieces from his ‘snowman’ and flung them at Sehun’s back. Sehun spun round and chucked a snowball as hard as he could. But Luhan ducked, missing the shot completely and laughed. Sehun scowled and picked up more snow, keeping an eye at Luhan who was still flicking snow at him. Sehun bowled another snowball, much larger than before and hoped it would hit him in the face. But his throw was too short and it didn’t reach Luhan. Luhan laughed at how pathetic Sehun was and walked over to him. He placed his art on the ground and walked closer Sehun. He wanted to end the fight and get Sehun to help him build a snowman. Sehun had a different idea. Once Luhan was about a meter away, he brushed as much snow as he could from the ground upwards and into Luhan’s face. The snow was powdery, so most of it flew off in the wind but some of the stray snowflakes caught onto Luhan’s coat and face. Luhan could feel them slowly melt and he gave Sehun dirty expression. Sehun laughed with satisfaction and shook the snow off his gloves. Luhan was still glaring at him, so Sehun approached Luhan and hugged his shoulders. Luhan didn’t move and continued to look grumpy. Sehun smirked and gently swept away the snowflakes stuck Luhan’s baby face. Luhan looked downwards as Sehun caught the melted snowflakes on his eyelashes. Sehun loved Luhan’s long eyelashes which made all the designer noonas jealous. Luhan looked back up and smiled at Sehun’s attempted romantic gesture.

“So where are we going to put the snowman?” Sehun asked, letting go of Luhan’s shoulders.  Luhan instantly brightened up and pointed a little mound in the field.

“Let’s put him on top of the hill, so that everyone can see him when they walk past!” said Luhan excitedly. He picked up his work and stomped up to the top with Sehun dragging behind him. Once they reached the top, Luhan dumped the snow in the middle and squatted down to collect more snow around it. Sehun copied him and made the middle of the snowman.