Time for Tea

Snowflake

They had spent the whole morning playing in the snow. Sehun knew it was a bad idea, but Luhan is so persuasive he had no choice. Sehun was so worried about Luhan getting cold, that he almost forgot about himself. It wasn’t until Luhan spotted Sehun’s soft pink lips turn an icy blue and the colour drained from his face. They had just finished their snowman; coin eyes, stick arms and stone buttons. Luhan had tried to make a top hat, but it was too dense and it collapsed. Instead, he dug a hole in the snow until he found some grass, which he pulled out and created a moustache and eyebrows. They were standing together, arms linked and Luhan snapping pictures when Sehun started sniffing.

“Are you cold?”. Luhan examined Sehun, who smiled shaking his head in disagreement. He was though. Sehun was cold right down to the bone and his fingers felt like they were going to fall off any minute. He didn’t want Luhan to worry, knowing that he was going to exaggerate the situation. But Luhan knew. Luhan didn’t return the smile, instead unwrapped his scarf and put it on Sehun. Sehun tried to stop him, but Luhan gave him a hard look, zipping the top of Sehun’s coat all the way up. Luhan then took hold of Sehun’s hands and rubbed them vigorously between his, trying use friction to warm him up. Sehun watched as Luhan’s face became more concentrated as the speed of his actions increased. The determination on Luhan’s face made Sehun feel weak and smile when Luhan sighed in frustration, all of his energy used up. Luhan looked up at Sehun with his big eyes, deciding what he was going to do with the poor boy. Sehun sniffed again and fumbled through his pockets, trying to find a tissue. Luhan felt bad. Sehun was suffering and it was all because of him. Luhan observed as Sehun pathetically wiped his nose and shivered as a gust of winter wind swept through them. His mind was made up.

“Let’s go, Sehun.” Luhan said firmly but quietly. Sehun stuffed his dirty tissue away and nodded. Luhan put his arm around Sehun’s waist and led him back to the street they were walking along earlier.  Sehun childishly waved goodbye to their snowman and draped his arm over Luhan’s shoulders.

“Where are we going now, hyung?”

“We’re going home.”

Sehun stopped. “I don’t want to go home. Not yet!”.  

Luhan shook Sehun off his shoulders and firmly took hold of his hands. “We need to go home.” His voice breaking with urgency and determination to get Sehun in a warm place as soon as possible.

“But I thought you wanted to go other places today hyung.” Sehun said sadly. Luhan did, he mapped out the whole day with activity, but somehow that didn’t seem to matter anymore. Seeing Sehun in this state broke his heart with guilt.

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” Luhan said quietly.

“Yes it does.” Sehun nudged Luhan firmly and Luhan scowled back. Sehun sniffed again, blinking back the water forming in his eyes from the cold. Luhan was determined and it was hard to get him to change his mind once it was set. But Sehun had an idea.

“Lulu, do you want some coffee?”

 

A bell rang as the boys open the door to a small, family-run café. It was cosy and homely, with flowers dotted everywhere. It was quite busy, but not overcrowded.  They bowed respectfully and removed their coats, hanging them on the stand nearby. Finding a place to sit, they rested on the small table in the corner, just under the heater. Sehun sighed with pleasure as he instantly began to feel warmer and sat down on the cushioned chair. Luhan smiled, feeling happier that Sehun wasn’t suffering.  A young waitress approached them, ready to take their orders and Luhan gave her a friendly smile. She complimented Luhan’s choice of soup and blushed when he tried to get a discount from her. Sehun gave her a hard look as she scurried back to the kitchen, hiding her face behind the menus. Luhan checked on Sehun and gave his shin a gentle kick when he noticed the expressionless look on his face. Sehun glared back and Luhan chuckled.

“I was only messing!”. To prove his point, Luhan reached across the table and held Sehun’s hands, starting to play with his fingers. They were still red from the cold and blue veins were seeking the surface of his hands. Sehun watched and Luhan massaged his fingertips, making his way down them until he reached Sehun’s palms. Luhan massaged Sehun’s palms with his thumbs as though he was trying to release the tension Sehun was radiating. Luhan suddenly stopped and slipped away when the waitress placed their orders before them. Sehun mumbled a thank you, annoyed that she had ruined his moment with Luhan, who smiled and nodded gratefully. The waitress looked a bit miffed, expecting a better reply but she left without a fuss. Sehun waited for Luhan to start before he dove into his own. He didn’t realise how hungry he was and watched desperately as Luhan sipped the soup from his spoon. Luhan smiled with satisfaction and scooped more soup. He stopped when he felt Sehun’s eyes boring into him. Luhan glanced up and shot Sehun a questioning look.

“Aren’t you hungry?”

Sehun shook his head furiously, “I wanted to see if you liked it first.”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Just eat.” He said cheekily.

Sehun tucked in, enjoying the flavour and heat of the soup. As Sehun gulped down his soup, Luhan told himself off for not deciding to eat earlier. It wasn’t a long time since before Sehun finished and took a sip of his forgotten not-quite-hot chocolate. Luhan was still carefully taking small spoonful’s of his soup and chuckled when he caught sight of Sehun’s empty bowl. 

“You were hungry!” Luhan pointed out, grinning. Sehun gave a small smile; there was something on his mind.

“Hyung?”

“Mmm.”

“Do you love me?”

Luhan chocked on the soup he had just put in his mouth, shocked at the comment Sehun made. He put his spoon down and took a mouthful of his latte. Sehun waited eagerly as Luhan cleared his throat before answering. Luhan once again took hold of Sehun’s hands and kissed them. He kissed all of Sehun’s fingers, loving each one of them. Sehun cupped Luhan’s perfect face and Luhan closed his eyes, melting into Sehun’s tender touch.

“Of course I do.” Luhan whispered, blinking his eyes open. “I love you more than anything else in the world, Oh Se Hoon.” 

Sehun took comfort in Luhan’s words and regretted asking, “But. But why were you chatting up the waitress?”. Luhan sat up and frowned at Sehun’s question. He could see the hurt in Sehun’s eyes and he sighed.

“Do you not trust me Sehun?”

Sehun’s eyes dropped in guilt. He did trust Luhan, but he wanted to hear what Luhan would say. Luhan tapped Sehun under his chin, bringing Sehun to look back at him.

“Don’t be jealous.” He told Sehun. “I want you. Only you.”

Sehun had to smile. “I love you too. And I trust you, Luhan, completely.”

Luhan grinned wickedly. “Then let’s go!”. He quickly stood up, whipped a few notes from his pocket putting them on the table and grabbing Sehun’s hand, pulling him out the café.