Chapter 14

My Gangster Lover

The next day, Niel was looking especially excited as he walked down the hallway in school.

Girls were whispering happily with each other as it was the first time they had seen him smile so happily in front of them.

"What's wrong with Niel hyung? He looks so happy these days."

"He's been like that since the day we got beat up by INFINITE, Ricky."

"Something must've happened when we separated to shake them off!"

"Now that you mention it, he came back with his wounds all attended to that day! Maybe something really did happen!"

TEEN TOP were too busy gossiping with each other that they did not realise Niel had already walked off without them.

"Let's ask him! Niel hy- Eh?! Where did he go?!" 

TEEN TOP searched around for him but couldn't spot him anywhere.

"Never mind, we'll just question him during break. Let's meet at the usual table later."

"Neh, Minsoo hyung!"

And with that, they separated.

Niel was gleefully walking into his classroom.

He stopped and looked around the classroom, diligently looking for his ''angel''.

He spotted her sitting alone, at the back of the classroom, reading. He practically ran to sit beside her.

"Hello SooJin!"

SooJin was shocked to hear that someone was talking to her.

When she looked up, she found Niel sitting beside her.

She smiled brightly and was going to say something but then realised that all the girls in the classroom were giving her dirty looks.

Her smile disappeared and she just nodded briefly at Niel before turning away from him and avoiding his glance.

Niel was greatly disappointed.

He was going to say something else but the bell rang and the teacher had just walked into the class. He decided to save it for later and spent the entire day staring at SooJin, lovingly.

When the bell rang, signalling breaktime, Niel quickly opened his mouth.

"SooJin, would you please join me for break?"

SooJin looked around uncertainly. He followed her gaze to find girls glaring at her. 

Niel was really unhappy, he knew that they were making her shun away from him.

"Let's go, SooJin."

He pulled her away from the class and out the door.

He dragged her to the cafeteria and sat her down next to him at TEEN TOP's table.

This earned the stares of many people. Niel had never invited someone to sit with him before.

"Niel hyung, who is this?"

"Lee SooJin. She's my new friend."

Niel said a little too enthusiastically, earning mischievous grins from the TEEN TOP members.

SooJin seemed uncomfortable to be receiving such attention, she shifted nervously in her seat.

"Annyeong, I'm C.A.P. You don't have to be scared, since you're Niel's friend, you're our friend now too!"

"Annyeong, I'm Chunji. I don't bite so just be yourself! Let's be good friends!"

"Yo, I'm L.Joe. You can call me Byunghun though, I won't mind it if it's you. Let's be great friends."

Niel stiffened a little seeing L.Joe wink at SooJin. This earned laughter from Chunji and C.A.P.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I'm Ricky! You're so pretty, Noona!"

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I'm Changjo! Nice to meet you!"

SooJin relaxed a little at their adorable introductions and smiled.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is SooJin. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Since that moment, TEEN TOP started to become fond of SooJin. 

She was pretty, sweet, innocent and kind. She was a great friend and they were happy that Niel had fallen for such a great girl.

Niel and SooJin became close friends who hardly left each other's side.

Niel was not aware but SooJin was in love with him as much as he was in love with her.

Like they say, people who are in love are always blind.

The two were not aware of each other's feelings and it frustrated TEEN TOP for they were completely aware of that fact and they wanted them to be together.

So one day, they finally got the coward Niel to confess his feelings for SooJin.

Niel had arranged for SooJin to meet him at Dong Hae Beach, where they first met. 

Niel was extrememly nervous for he was scared SooJin would reject him and would lose her as his friend.

When she finally arrived, Niel turned serious and the nerves did not hit him. He wanted to put in 100% so that he would not regret it even if he were to be rejected.

"Lee SooJin, the day I met you was the best day of my life. When I first laid my eyes on you, I was shocked to see that such a beauty existed on this earth. I felt like an angel had been sent down from heaven to meet me. When I first talked to you, my image went crumbling down. It was the first time Ahn Daniel had ever stuttered in front of a girl. When you invited me to your house and offered your help, I grew more interested in you. It was the first time I met a girl who could approach me easily and treat me like a normal person. That day, when I left your house and saw your disappointed face, I was determined. Determined to wipe that look away from your face and replace it with a smile. I will never make you cry, it breaks my heart to see you cry. I'm in love with your smile, it brightens up my day and melts my heart. Ever since I met you, I have always been clear to one fact. Ahn Daniel is head over heels in love with Lee SooJin. I'm so happy to be able to be friends with you but now I want to be more than just a friend to you. I want you to be mine. I want to protect you, love you and care for you. I want to be able to hug you tightly in my arms and kiss you sweetly on the lips. I want to be your everything because I love you SooJin. I love you, I really do. So please, will you be mine?"

SooJin couldn't stop crying from hearing Niel's confession. She nodded her head happily and threw her arms around his neck as she hugged him tightly.

"I will, I'm yours forever, Ahn Daniel. Saranghae."

Niel broke into a huge grin when he heard that and broke away from the hug. 

He stared lovingly into SooJin's eyes and kissed her, softly yet sweetly.

They were both finally each other's and they couldn't be happier.