17.

Our Love

"Oh dear," I heard a voice,"Sunhee."

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mom. She looked at me strangely. I looked around and I was on the couch with Woohyun. I was slightly on him. I was on his chest and he was hugging my around my waist. I tried getting myself up without waking him, but I just didn't know how to do that. I pulled myself away from his chest, but he only hugged my tighter. 

 

I really didn't know what to do.

 

Our faces were too close and my mom was here. He nuzzled his face into my neck and I froze. I felt his breath. I suddenly wanted to melt or something. The breath on my neck made me uncomfortable. I felt his smile. I kind of went into daze. I snapped out of it soon since my mom was still watching us.

 

"Woohyun," I shook him.

 

He wasn't waking up.

 

"Woohyun," I shook him more.

 

This time he opened his eyes slightly.

 

"Woohyun," I lightly slapped his face.

 

Now he was more awake. He looked at me then smiled, but then he saw my mom and became a bit more serious.

 

"Sorry," he shyly said.

 

"Its okay," my mom and I said in unison.

 

I smiled at my mom. Woohyun then let go of my and I was able to get off him and sit correctly on the couch. We quietly sat there while my mom was checking her phone. Why was she here anyways? It was weird that she wasn't resting.

 

"I'm going to work soon, Sunhee, Saeron is not working and someone has to fill in," she said.

 

"But-" I was going to argue, but Woohyun is here and I rather not say anything,"all right."

 

"I'm heading out then," she said.

 

I got up and hugged her. I hugged her real tight. All this work she does is to be able to feed me and my education and to be able to pay for my medical attention and medicine. I want her to know how much I appreciated her and how much I loved her.

 

"I love you, mom," I hugged her.

 

"I love you too, sweetie," she said.

 

She let go and was on her way. I sat down and sulked on the couch. She works too much. I feel like this is my fault. My mom is getting older and she should be more careful and take care of her health.

 

"What's wrong?" Woohyun asked.

 

"Nothing," I said.

 

"You sure?" he asked.

 

"Yeah," I nodded.

 

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. I didn't know what to do. I faced Woohyun and he looked at me. I was opening my mouth to speak until my stomach growled. My face turned red. I hung my head. Woohyun then started laughing.

 

"Yah! Not funny," I pouted.

 

He continued laughing.

 

"Would you like to eat dinner with me?" I asked,"I... don't like eating alone."

 

"Sure," he smiled. 

 

I went to the kitchen, hoping that he was following behind me and he was. He sat down on the table while I took out the food. We had rice already made and some soup my mom made and kimbap! Yum. I got out some plate and started serving the food. I set up the table and when I was done, I sat with Woohyun. I forgot the utensils, so I got up but hit my hip on the corner of the table. I closed my eyes and let a little yelp.

 

"Sunhee, are you okay?" Woohyun asked, worried.

 

He was going to grab my hip, but decided not to since I was in pain.

 

"Yeah," I nodded,"no biggie."

 

I got up and got the utensil, and this time, without hurting myself. We ate quietly. We were both quite hungry and ate what was served. When we were done, Woohyun helped me wash the dishes. We ended playing around with the soap and water that we smelled like the soap and what water spots on our shirts. 

 

Then we went to the living room. I saw that it was getting dark and since I was alone, I had to close the windows and stuff. Despite my age, I get scared over these thing. Woohyun helped me do that too made sure that everything was secure for me to stay home alone. 

 

"I should get going," he said,"its getting dark." 

 

"Yeah," I nodded.

 

I followed him to the door where he put on his shoes. I gave him his jacket which he almost forgot and his backpack. He put it on since it was starting to get cold at night and sometimes really cold.

 

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked.

 

"Yes," I nodded.

 

He smiled at me and smiled back. Then something happened that I didn't expect. He leaned closely and kiss my forehead. My face turned red. He opened the door and smiled.

 

"See you tomorrow," he smiled.

 

I stood there frozen. My cheeks going into a light shade of pink