15.

Our Love

We soon arrived at his house. It was a nice house. He opened the door and I went in. I took off my shoes and awkwardly stood. I wasn't sure if I should stand or sit on the couch...

 

"Please sit," he said.

 

"Alright," I said.

 

I sat on the couch and he brought bottled water and some snacks. He passed me a bottles water and offered me some snacks. I ate some and drank some of my water. Good old water. Best drink we humans have.

 

"I only had water. I hope that's fine," he said.

 

"It's okay. I love water," I smiled.

 

He smiled kindly. He didn't seem to believe me. Does he not believe my honesty. It made me a bit sad, but I smiled back at him. I honestly like do like water. I can't drink many types of drinks, but I always drink water.

 

"I have a special room to reveal photo here in my house. So we can reveal it here," he said.

 

"Oh. I see," I nodded.

 

 "I'll be back," he said.

 

He got up and went someone. I just awkwardly sat there not knowing what to do. Why did he leave me alone? I feel weird. I waited for him and he came back with both of the camera. He gave me the one that I used.

 

"Do you want to reveal the photos the old fashion way or the technology way?" he asked.

 

"Which one is more fun?" I asked curiously.

 

"Both, but the old fashioned way is more enjoyable in a way," he smiled.

 

"The old fashioned way it is," I smiled back.

 

"Then let's go," he said.

 

I followed him into a small room. He has equipment there. I watched him set up the equipment. Some thing were already in place. He set up a table with other equipment.

 

"All done," he said,"I'll teach you the basics of this." 

 

"All right," I said.

 

He started explaining and showing me how to reveal. At first, I didn't understand, but explained it more and I got it. I ended up helping him a lot and we finished quickly. We put the pictures up to dry. I turned around and almost tripped, but Woohyun kept me from falling. My face turned really red because we were too close.

 

"Uhhhh...." I said.

 

He started getting closer... I felt my face really warm. He had his eyes closed. I slowly closed my eyes. I felt his warm breath. He was getting closer. I was getting nervous, but I tried to not show it.

 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

We heard the door and pulled away. He shyly looked at me and rubbed the back of his head. I was just looking down. This was such an awkward moment. I touched my cheeks and they were really warm.

 

"Sorry," he said.

 

"Its okay!" I said,"you should go answer the door."

 

"Okay," he smiled.

 

He walked out the room and I followed behind him. He opened the door and it was Bomi. Her eyes were swollen as if she cried. She then lunged into his arms and began crying. She cried so hard and hugged him to tight. I just stood there and watched for five minutes until she pulled away from him. She saw me and wiped her tears. She smiled at me. I tried to smiled and it felt so forced. I just couldn't frown at her. I didn't know what to think of her.

 

"Was I interrupting something?" she laughed,"sorry you have to see me like this."

 

"No. I was just leaving," I said. I started walking to the door.

 

"You can't go yet," Woohyun said.

 

"We're done, aren't we?" I asked.

 

"Yeah..." he said.

 

"I'll be going then," I smiled sadly at him. 

 

I quietly walked through the door. I tried to show no emotion and I closed the door behind me. He must not know that I like him. I don't want anyone seeing me heartbroken over a guy. My mind went empty. It felt weird. I stared at the ground as I walked. I felt a hand on my shoulder, so I turned around.

 

"Sunhee," Woohyun said,"I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting anyone to come over."

 

"Its okay," I smiled,"the important thing is that we're done."

 

"Yeah. I guess," he looked at the floor.

 

"You should go. Bomi is waiting for you," I said,"she is more important."

 

"Sunhee..." he looked at me sadly.

 

"Go," I pushed him lightly,"she needs you."

 

He nodded and slowly walked back. I watched him walk back with him occasionally turning back to look at me. I forced a smile and waved to him. He smiled slightly and waved back to me, but his smile hid something. I turned around and started walking.

 

I let him go... Tears came to my eyes. I felt hurt. They seemed so close and then there was me. Some childish, ugly girl. An annoying, weird girl. I wasn't like Bomi. I was nothing like her. I'm not as pretty or as interesting as her. I don't have pretty clothes or nice hair. I have big, thick glasses. Compared to everyone, I feel the ugliest. Its sad, huh? That I think of myself like this but I can't help it. I know he likes her. Yet he choses to play around with me and my feeling. I let it happen because I'm an idioy.

 

Besides, who am I to him? Nothing but a stranger. The stranger is in love with him. I am nothing to him. Nothing. I felt so out of place there. I suddenly started crying even more. I don't know what to think anymore. Suddenly I blanked out. My tears kept flowing and I just stared at the floor. I felt cold. My hands were the coldest. It was also getting dark. I didn't feel like walking home. My crying drained my energy. I took out my phone and called Kevin.

 

"Hello," he said.

 

"Kevin," I sniffled,"can you pick me up?"

 

"Yeah. Are you okay?" he asked,"are you sick?"

 

"I'm fine. Just pick me up," my voice trembled.

 

"Where?" he asked.

 

I gave him the directions. I tried to not cry when I was talking to him. After I gave him the directions, he hung up. I sighed and closed my eyes. I can't start to cry again, but I couldn't help it. It hurt so much. I then continued to stare at the ground again. After what seemed forever, Kevin arrived. He got out of the car and sat by me.

 

"What's wrong, Sunhee?" he said.

 

"Nothing is wrong," I mumbled.

 

"Are you sure?" he asked.

 

"Yup," I nodded.

 

I had that lump in my throat. I wanted to not sound hurt or cry at all, but I couldn't hold it in anymore and I began to sobs. I tried to keep it quiet, but I couldn't. Kevin hugged me tightly.

 

"I'm just so stupid," I said,"how could I ever think I was something to him? How? Am I fooling myself now? I'm nothing to him. I'm just a stranger and she is his friend. I really thought... my heart says yes, but my brain says no."

 

"Who made you feel this way?" he said.

 

"No one," I said.

 

"Come on. Tell me," he said,"who should I beat up?
 

"Yah!" I punched him lightly.

 

"What?" he said.

 

"Your image, dummy," I said.

 

"Oh... yeah," he mumbled,"we should go. Its getting dark."

 

He helped me up and opened the door of his car for me. I stepped into the car and put my seat belt on. He got in and did the same and then he started driving. I was more calm then. We didn't talk because he knew I didn't want to anymore. When we got to my house, he dropped by to say hi to my mom. My mom was really happy and sent food with him. After he left, I just went to my room to sleep.


Sorry for not updating before. I was going to. I really was, but then school came and I had the whole chapter done on my phone, but there was a problem and it got deleted. Then I had to write this again and it's not as good as the original one. I'm so sorry. By the 25th I'll be updating more. I promise. I end school that day.