Chapter 14

How Much Is Your Soul (This version is discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DongHae POV



„We'll take a short break. Please drink something. That counts for you too, TaeMin! “, BoA said and already was on her way to turn off the stereo to shut down the banging of the music. Not too long and the buzzing music that surrounded me before went silent. Tired I walked towards the mirror wall that was near me. I leaned my back on the cold glass and let me slowly glide to the floor.
During the past hour I painfully realized that I wasn't as fit as I liked to be before I moved to Seoul. Thinking back it isn't surprising at all. Since I had to give up my football training out of time reasons two years ago, I haven’t done any kind of exercise. Especially now I realize how much I miss it. My team in Mokpo. The wonderful feeling to dribble the ball in front of my feet over the green field. To score a goal. The thoughts of everything that I had left behind in Mokpo, let a veil of sadness and regret came over me. A quiet sigh escaped my throat.

„I bet I know about what you were thinking right now“, I heard suddenly a voice claim next to me.
I didn’t need to look up to know that HeeChul just sat down next to me. Anyways I turned my head to the elder to look at him. An elfish grin was all over his fine facial features. His eyes glared knowingly.
Astonished I lift my eyebrows and gave him an extreme baffled gaze.
„And what I’m thinking about right now, Hyung?”, I asked HeeChul, as I realized that he wouldn’t say his assumption without a question. As soon as those words had left my lips, a content smile was drawn on HeeChul’s face. The sight of his smile told me that I asked just the question he wanted to hear from me. Even if I barely know HeeChul I knew that this smile wouldn’t mean anything good.

With every second that went by his smile became brighter and turned soon in to a big smirk. Meaningful he let play his eyebrows and told me to look at the door briefly. Without questioning his order I turned my head toward the door. First I didn’t realize what HeeChul was trying to tell me but then I saw the clear black shadow behind the milk glass. The person behind the door didn’t move for quite a long time. Was the person waiting for something or someone?

I just wanted to turn back to HeeChul when the shadow started to move. I observed how the person behind the door grabbed the door handle and slowly pushed it down. Not long and the door began to open piecemeal. When the door was opened enough someone put his head into the practice room. The first thing I recognized where tousled dark hair. Immediately I knew who this person was. It couldn’t be anyone else than Lee HyukJae.

„How long is there something going on between you two?“, I suddenly heard HeeChul quietly whispering in my ear.
My eyes widened. My heart started unintentionally to beat faster when I thought of what had happened a few minutes ago. Only the thought of the sudden closeness to him let my blood run even faster into my face. Why had my feeds decided to refuse their service just in that moment? If I wouldn’t have stumbled over my own feed I wouldn’t have fallen down and also wouldn't have taken HyukJae, oh correction Lee HyukJae, with me.

My 'master' anxiously looked around. His eyes went over the faces of the students that where in the upper part of the room. As he didn’t seem to find what he was looking for he let his eyes wander to the mirror wall. The wall, on which I still was leaning at with a complete red head.
His eyes finally seemed to have found what they were looking for. Even if I wouldn’t have looked at him in this moment, I would have felt his gaze on me. That was something of which I was a hundred percent sure off.

Hastily I turned my head into the other direction to hide my tomato like face from him. I knew that he might have already seen it and to hide it was rather pointless because of the mirrors behind me, but I didn’t want to see him right now. Not when he was the reason for the strange color on my face.

When I had turned my head completely away from the door, I dare to lift my head up a little bit. Something that I better wouldn’t have done.
HeeChul hadn’t moved an inch since he had whispered his question into my ear. His eyes examined the unfamiliar color that my face showed that day. An askew smile decorated HeeChul’s face. Soon I realized that the elder wouldn’t move even an inch away from me which scared me a little. I swallowed loudly and tried to move away a few centimeters, but HeeChul grabbed my wrist and prevented me from doing so. Immediately I tried to free my wrist but it didn’t work. Again my eyes widened as I saw how the elder now started to approach me.

My heart rushed. What was he trying to do? It couldn’t be… No, why should he…
Only a few millimeters separated us from each other. Out of fear of that what could happen in a short while I closed my eyes shut.

„EunHyuk Seonsaeng-nim!“, a female voice suddenly shouted, I directly recognized it as the one of BoA, our dancing teacher.

I immediately opened my eyes. HeeChul was still closer to me as I wished him to be but now I saw how he had his eyes on something or better someone behind me. I used this short moment, in which he didn’t pays attention to me and freed myself from his . Fast I brought a secure distance between us and then I followed the events in front of me.

HyukJae, no Lee HyukJae, had wide opened the milk glass door and stormed in a few steps into the mirror room. Only a few meters away from me he stopped. His eyes were full of anger. A cold shiver went through me. I had never seen him with this expression in his eyes. His hands were clenched to fists. It looked as if he would attack someone anytime soon. I was relieved when I saw that his angrily gaze was not meant for me but for HeeChul. However the bad feeling that he made me feel with this expression in his eyes didn’t go away. Nervous I started to bit on my lower lip.

„EunHyuk! Get out! This is my lesson!“, BoA ordered and roughly dragged HyukJae by his arm to where he came from. First he refused to do so and want to try to get rid of her hands but then she harshly hissed something to him by what he willingly gave in and let himself guide outside by her. Before BoA could close the door in front of his nose he gave a last gaze toward HeeChul and formed with his mouth a few mute words.

As I hesitantly turned back to HeeChul, he didn’t seems to be visible impressed by the short appearance of HyukJae. That smile that he had previously shown to me was still on his face. His smile seemed even more content than before.
The door was closed with a loud bang. BoA stood with her back toward the class by the door for a moment and took a deep breath. Even she seemed to have never seen HyukJae, no Lee HyukJae, in this state before.

A sudden hysteric laughter snapped my attention away from BoA. I turned my head towards it to see who's laughing was so loud and bright. To my astonishment it was HeeChul. Out of laughter he had tears in his eyes. Hastily he wiped them under the still upcoming laughter away. But a reassurance of his state was still not in sight. Only a few seconds later he had to wrap his arms around his stomach because he had laughed so much that he was in slight pain now.

The other students started to talk about the mysterious appearance of Lee HyukJae. I turned my head back to BoA. She was like everyone else in the room befuddled over that what just happened. It was clearly visible that she was completely unable to cope in this moment and didn’t know what to do to gain back the control over her own class. Her insecurity lasted only for a short instant. Loudly she cleared . The students immediately became silent. Everyone was quiet except for HeeChul. The older seemed rather unimpressed by his teacher.

„Kim HeeChul-ssi! I don’t know what there is to laugh about, but I would like to continue my lesson now”, BoA calmly said and hopped that HeeChul’s hysterical laughter would stop but her attempt didn't brought a result. As she realized that for the moment she wouldn’t win against the elder and his loud laughter, she returned to the other students and tried, without paying much attention to the previous incident, to continue with her lesson.

When I wanted to get up from my place to participate in the lesson, I felt how someone put his hand on my left shoulder and hindered me from getting up. While I looked towards the person I recognized tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter