Chapter 13

How Much Is Your Soul (This version is discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HyukJae’s POV


The snow was silently falling on the already wet over ground of the city. Lost in my thoughts I looked up in the sky and observed those little white thins dancing before they fell on the ground. The ground was already to warm, so that the snow flakes where destined to melt right away.
Because of this sudden snow fall the streets were all a bit calmer then usual. Especially the little street I was currently walking in was way calmer than it normally was. The food stalls had built little tents over their delicacies, to provide them from the wet and cold weather.
Despite the thin plastic divider I was able to smell every single delicacy. Merciless my stomach started to make noises that he usually doesn’t. I was hungry but yet I had no appetite. I couldn’t tell what exactly the reason for this was but I guessed that it was because of him. He who is stuck in my head for now almost three months. He, who was forced to live with me since a few days ago. He, who hates me because of what happened during those last few days like no one else.

My thoughts turned back to the evening when I purchased him at the auction. To see the boy, who I admire now for such a long time, under this circumstances weights still heavy on me. Never would I have suspected that behind his unconcerned smiles could hide such huge problems. It hurts me to know that these problems have caused him unbelievable sorrow before the incident even happened.
A hushed sigh escaped my throat. Deliberately I concentrated on my way again and assessed astonished that I had almost reached my dance studio. Without being aware of it my feeds had brought me automatically to this familiar place of mine.

A smile sneaked on my face. Dancing wouldn't be such a bad distraction. A few hours without these nagging thoughts about him and those past days would certainly do me some good. Determined I turned into another street and found myself in front of this degenerated building.
The sight of this building let my heartbeat increase and slow down at the same. I love this place. Not only because I owned it but also because of everything that had happened here. But still the thought of what could maybe happen to it let me aggrieve.

As the first lessons were scheduled at 2pm, I knew that none of the students would use any of the rooms right now as the clock barely past 10am. Hurriedly I went to the entrance door. I was just about to open it, when I saw bright light through the big window beside the door. Only one other person would be mad enough to force herself into this tiny dancing room this early in the morning.
My assumption was right. Through the window I saw my college BoA.

Graceful she moved to the beat of the music. Her way to dance has always impressed me. Thanks to her I'm able to dance the way I dance today. If I wouldn’t have met her a few years ago, I probably would have given up my dancing under the pressure of my parents. It was her who prevented me from doing the biggest mistake of my life. Even thought I know her for such a long time now I wasn't able to win her for my school until a few months ago.

BoA made a half turn. Her eyes wandered to the window where I was standing. Instantly she stopped moving and started to grin at me. With a simple head movement she told me to come in, instead of standing outside in front of the window like a beggar. I immediately followed her order.
I had hardly stepped a foot into the entrance area when in front of me a door opened. BoA came out with the same wide grin from before on her face.
„You know, it’s not forbidden to come into my practice room when you need some new moves from me”, BoA meant derisive while folding her arms in front of her chest and easily leaning on the door frame.
„Who says, that I new moves from you? Last time I checked it was you who stole one of my new routines”, I replied and saw how the corners of rose.

„I thought you wouldn’t come today. Did the girl, you wanted to spend the day with, ditch you?”, BoA asked a bit more serious now, as I approached her slowly.
„Who said that there's a girl? Must there be a girl involved when a guy wants to switch his regular schedule?”, I asked my friend and waited curiously for her answer.
BoA shortly hesitated before she replied me: “Oh well, your behavior during the last few weeks was more than strange. Usually a new girl is the reason for such strange behavior. That's why I thought that there must be a new girl in your life”.
A sigh crept at the end of her words and I knew that it must be unbelievable hard for her to talk about such a thing with me. Not long ago she had admitted to have some feelings for me. Feelings, which I can’t reply. Not in the way she would like me to.

„I guess you prefer to be a beggar instead of a teacher today. I can tell by to way you look right now“, BoA said with a bright smile, which looked more then fake to me.
She lifted her hand and gently through my hair. Baffled I looked at her but she didn’t stop her doing. I felt how she took her hand off my hair after that short touch. Shortly after I felt something cold and wet on my face. Immediately I lifted my own hand to touche my wet cheek. My finger found something half hard and cold sticking on it. Snow. BoA must have taken some of the snowflakes that haven’t melted yet and threw them at me.

„Normal people don't go out of their house without a umbrella or a hat when the weather is like this. Do you want to get sick?”, BoA mocked me while she already was leaving for the practice room again. Her eyes told me to follow her, but I didn't intend to do so. I wasn’t here to watch her dance. Slightly I shook my head an noticed how small water drops flew because of it through the whole hallway.

„The room upstairs is occupied. If you want to practice you’ll have to share this room with me, doggie”, BoA suddenly said and smiled gently again.
Astonished I looked at her. Who could be already here at this hour, except the two of us? I couldn’t imagine that ShinDong would come here to prepare his lesson this early. Even our most ambitious student Lee TaeMin wouldn't come here at this hour. It was more then normal that the younger would come here one hour before practice but coming this early doesn’t look like him.

„Who is using the other practice room? It's 10:10 am on a Saturday morning. Not even TaeMin would come here so early”, I asked.
To my astonishment I saw how BoA shrugged her shoulders. Does that mean she doesn't know the person that is using the room right now. That isn't right. We can't allow everyone to use those rooms.
„The boy came here quite early this morning. He was standing in front of the big window when I arrived here. He told me that he’s a new student. I called ShinDong and he confirmed it. He started taking classes on Thursday. You were his teacher. That’s why I let him use the practice room. Could you tell me about new students in the future? I couldn't find him in our system. I even don’t know if this boy has already paid the lessons he already took”, BoA taught me with a hard tone of voice.

I blinked. A new student? How could that be? The last new enrollment was a few months ago. BoA didn’t notice my bafflement. Undeviating she talked about the importance of declaring everything in the accounting system, but I couldn’t bring myself to listen to her right now. My thoughts where by this boy, who was in the second practice room above us. When the words YeongDae came to my ears I tore my thoughts from the boy upstairs and I started listening again.
„Did you change your mind? Have you agreed to their offer? I'm talking about the support they offered us two days ago. Will YeongDae start supporting us in the future? We really could use the money. Especially now. The landlord rose the monthly rent so high that the money you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter