Chapter 7

Wanting You

 

tumblr_m51p4btmG81qfjwwmo2_400.jpg

 

"Hm, this looks awful cozy."

"We should have known."

"Shhh, you're waking them up!"

"I thought that was the point?"

"But they look so cute.... ow! What was that for?"

"Focus Fany! Remember how long we stayed up with her last night?"

"Oh yeah! I have these dark bags under my eyes thanks to him."

"Oh wow I can totally see them now."

"Not helping Jessica."

Changmin blearily opens his eyes, disoriented by the girlish argument that was going on around him. He tries to sit up, but finds something heavy on his arm - or rather, someone. 

"Joohyun?" he wonders. She looks adorable, he thinks, all curled up against him as she sleeps. Crap. That means they fell asleep together.... in a rather compromising position....so the voices would belong to - yup, he's screwed.

Although he would much rather sink into the sofa and go back to sleep with Joohyun in his arms, Changmin figures its time to face the music.

"Hey! Guys, look who has finally woken up." Yuri points over to him, distracting TIffany, who was in the process of hunting Jessica down for her last comment.

Taeyeon, though, is the first to react. Jabbing a finger towards Changmin's chest, she yells, "Aha! SO Voldemin! What do you have to say for yourself?"  

Changmin stares back at SNSD's leader, aghast.

"Voldemin? What kind of name is that?" he asks her.

"Voldemort - evil bad guy in Harry Potter. Changmin - evil maknae who seduced our Seobaby . Voldemin." Taeyeon explains.

"I came up with it." Jessica adds helpfully. 

"You read?" Changmin blurts out in response.

"Ya!"

Fortunately for Changmin, the noisy exchange has awoken Seohyun, who jolts upright and looks confused. 

"Unnie? What's going on? Why is everyone shouting?"

"Hyunnie! We're here to rescue you!" Tiffany exclaims and quickly grabs Seohyun's hand to pull her over to them, as if Changmin was truly Voldemort reincarnated. The four Soshi girls present immediately crowd around her, assessing their maknae for harm.

Changmin sighs, missing her warmth already. "Aren't they over-reacting at bit?", he thinks.

"Rescue me? Wait unnie, Changmin oppa and I are fine."

"Oh no, he's brainwashed her." Tiffany says.

"Maknae, don't worry we're here now." Yuri begins to soothingly Seohyun's hair.

"But it was actually a misunderstanding unnie..." Seohyun tries to explain, her cheeks turning bright red as she tells them how she misinterpeted Changmin's apology. Although Taeyeon still looks a little unconvinced, she loosens her hold on her dongsaeng's arm.

Jessica, looking bored now, pokes Taeyeon, "Hey don't we have to go somewhere at 4:30?"

"Oh my gosh, we promised manager oppa we'd find Joohyun and get to the radio station by 5." Tiffany exclaims. 

"Aish, I completely forgot." Taeyeon replies. She turns towards Changmin saying, "Ok Voldemin, we'll believe you this time. But if you ever make her cry again -" the kid leader draws a deliberate line across . Yuri backs her up by cracking her knuckles and glaring meaningfully.

"I get it, I get it," he replies, holding his hands up in surrender. "And hey! Can you stop with the Voldemin thing, it's really - ya!" 

The girls don't seem to hear his last request and are already ushering Seohyun out the door. 

Changmin watches her go wistfully but smiles when she turns her head to look back at him, pouting. He motions with his hands that he'll call her later and she nods eagerly before finally disappearing from sight with her unnies.

Sighing, he tidies up the old piano room before leaving. At least he got to spend the entire afternoon with her. He can't help but grin as he remembers how she opened back up and was the same old Joohyun he had missed so much. Except now he can kiss her whenever he wants  - definitely a bonus. 

He's still thinking about her when he gets back to his dorm, not realizing that he hasn't stopped smiling since he last saw her.

"Woah, who hit you with the happy stick?" Jaejoong asks him as he walks into the kitchen.

Yoochun looks up from the ramen he is making and both older members stare, amazed, at Changmin.

"What? Is being happy a crime?"

Jaejoong walks up and feels Changmin's forehead in mock concern. "Hm, you don't seem feverish."

"Aish hyung stop fussing." Changmin says, shaking his head but still grinning. Walking towards his room, he tells them he has a phone call to make and he'll talk to them later.

Yoochun's mouth hangs agape. "He didn't even try to steal any ramen."

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Loud music is humming through the arena and the stage becomes chaotic as artists from various groups enter for the curtain call. TVXQ have just finished their performance and Changmin is still a little breathless. He meanders away from s, greeting hoobaes as they pass him and distractedly saying a few words of encouragement. But really, he just wants to see one person.

He is finally rewarded when she appears next to Taeyeon and Tiffany in her bright gold sequin dress. She sees him a second later and sends him a little wave, making his heart pump even quicker. He had spent the week talking with Seohyun on the phone as both were too busy with their schedules to meet up. This is the first time in three days that he's gotten to see her in person, so he's not wasting his chance. He has a silly grin on his face now as they clap to the ending song together. The part of his brain that is still working reminds him though that they are standing at center stage and now is not the time to make lovey dovey eyes. 

Does this stop Shim Changmin though? 

No, of course not.

Under the pretense of letting his EXO hoobaes stand in front, he maneuvers himself behind her and smiles smugly at his own brilliance. He can tell Seohyun is curious as to what is he up to, her head swiveling from side to side. She resists making eye contact though and tries not to look affected by his presence. This is unacceptable to him - he wants her attention, even if for a brief second. 

He decides that as far as backs of heads go, hers is the prettiest he's had the pleasure to stare at. Absentmindedly, he reaches out and twirls a strand of her long, dark hair between his fingers. She shakes her head, tugging it loose from him but he persists and reaches for another one. 

Nonchalantly leaning forward, he whispers to her, "Resistance is futile, Hyunnie."

She turns this time, so he dodges her eyes and looks the other way at the last second. Their silly little game of cat and mouse is interrupted when Tiffany looks over and laughs.

"What are you doing Changmin oppa?" 

"Me? Just enjoying the view." he replies, grinning.

He sees Taeyeon shoot him a grimace - or was it a smile? Hopefully by now, the Soshi unnies have cooled down a little and he has earned their approval. 

Finally, the curtain call wraps up and everyone is pushing forward for the bow. This is his chance, all he has to do is walk up and take her hand .... what does Chanyeol think he's doing?!

He's somehow awkwardly stuck behind D.O. and Chanyeol, who seem to have forgotten how they got to the front in the first place. 

"Excuse me guys," he says firmly, nudging them to the right with his shoulder. 

"Oh! Changmin hyung!" Changyeol exclaims, as if just realizing he is standing there. 

Changmin bites the inside of his cheek to avoid saying something he knows he might regret later and graps the younger man's hand tightly. On his other side, he hears Taeyeon snicker, not bothering to hold back her amusement at his expense. Seohyun is smiling too but as he interlocks his fingers with hers, he forgets about everyone else but her. Once they raise their heads, he holds her hand up triumphantly.

As they exit, they overhear Chanyeol talking loudly to the other EXO kids. "Guys, guys - Did you see? D.O. and I got to stand right at the front! It was all thanks to Changmin hyung! He's totally cool."

Seohyun hides a giggle behind her hand as Changmin smirks. 

"You see Hyunnie, I'm an amazing sunbae." he boasts to her. Nevermind the fact that he was cursing Chanyeol's existence just a few minutes ago. 

"Sure, oppa, sure." She says, patting him on the back. 

Yeah, he didn't think she'd buy that.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: I know, I'm bad. I wish I was one of those authors who could finish stories before they start new ones but my Seokyu inspiration has dried up a little.  T.T     I already had this chapter in mind too. It's a little anachronistic since dream concert happened just last May but it's one of my favorite moments so let's just pretend it was a few years earlier.