Chapter 5

Wanting You

 

 

tumblr_mck24dbVkm1r3j524o1_500.gif

 

 

 

Seohyun POV:

His eyes were all I could think about. Those chocolate brown orbs had been staring into mine all night and were driving me to the brink of distraction. 

On stage, I am usually a perfectionist and never lose my composure, but tonight, with him in the audience, I couldn't concentrate. I hoped no one noticed that my voice trembled a little and how tightly I was grasping my mircophone.

After the performance, I scolded myself to pay more attention to Jaewon oppa.

"Oppa, congratulations!" Tiffany unnie exclaims beside me.

"Thank you, Tiffany. It was a great performance - you guys are getting better and better."
 
"It's mostly thanks to you oppa." I speak up, smiling.
 
"Seohyun, you're too kind." Jaewon oppa chuckles and reaches forward to give me a friendly hug.
 

I embrace him without thinking, as we've known each other for so long and he was truly like an older brother to me. However, when I peer over his shoulder, my eyes find Changmin oppa's and for the first time, I feel incredibly self-conscious.

I let go quickly and stare at the floor, causing Jaewon oppa to look at me curiously. Before he could question me though, another well-wisher taps him on the shoulder and distracts him.
 
Leeteuk, the MC for tonight, began wrapping the party up.
 
"Ladies and gentlemen, friends and collegues - thank you all for attending tonight. It's been a great pleasure hosting this party for our dear Jaewon. But before we leave, why not have some dancing to end it in style? Hit the music!"
 
The audience cheers and everyone grabs partners as a catchy song is played. As I look around, I see BoA unnie laughing as Jaejoong oppa spins her around. Meanwhile, Taemin and Hyoyeon unnie are competing with their best popping and locking, and Sooyoung unnie, ignoring the guys, grabs Yuri unnie's hand as they show off their goofy moves.
 
Someone taps my shoulder, and my heart quickens thinking it is Changmin oppa.
 
But I come face to face with a hopeful looking Luhan oppa instead.
 
"Seohyun-ssi, you were great up there." he says.
 
"Thank you," I reply and bow politely.
 
"Would you like to dance?" he asks, raising his voice to be heard over the music.
 
"Sure" I nod and he looks elated.
 
We bob to the music a little stiffly at first, until Luhan begins to do the shuffle dance. He's quite a good dancer and I laugh and join him, some of our akwardness melting away.
 
Suddenly, the music transitions to a slow song and I think I see Luhan blush as he glances at me. I smile uncertainly as he carefully places his hands around my waist. Hesitantly, I rest my hands on his shoulders.
 
We've only just begun swaying to the song when a familiar voice interrupts.
 
"Can I cut in?"
 
"Er..."
 
Changmin oppa doesn't really wait for Luhan oppa's response before he spins me away to the other side of the room.
 
"Oppa! That was rude." I say, lightly hitting his chest with my hand.
 
He grabs it before I can pull back and stares at me intently.

"You broke your promise, Joohyun-ah."
 
"Ne?"
 
His other hand is resting on my waist, and he pulls me even closer with it.
 
"Did you not say you would come find me when you were done?"
 
I blush at how our chests are nearly touching and try not to stammer.
 
"Y..Yes..."
 
He smirks and replies, "Then you would agree that you owe me one."
 
"Owe you?"
 
"One wish," he specifies.
 
I smile, "Am I your genie then?"
 
He laughs, "Yes, my little genie Joohyun"
 
"Ok, one wish then for Mr. Shim Changmin, noted." I reply smartly.
 
He chuckles at taps my nose. "Good, I will collect later."
 
We fall into a comfortable silence as he twirls me slowly around the dance floor. I had always wondered what it would be like to be in Changmin oppa's arms, and the reality was much better than I could have ever imagined. It was like we were floating in our own little world and had the rest of our company not been present, I would have been tempted to rest my head on his chest and close my eyes.
 
I can't help but giggle a little as I overhear Taeyeon unnie saying to Kris oppa, "Are you sure about this, Kris? You're a little on the tall side..."
 
"Then noona can dance standing on my shoes." Kris replies, in complete seriousness.
 

Changmin an eyebrow at me.

"What's so funny, Joohyun-ah?"

"Look behind you" I laugh. 

We turn and both grin as we watch Taeyeon unnie stretch on her tip toes to reach Kris oppa's shoulders. He simply shakes his head and easily picks her up so she is resting on his shoes. 

Changmin turns to me and laughs, "Now there's an amusing couple."

I smile back, completely content. 

Some lint had fallen on his hair, and I reach up to take it off. 

As my hand brushes his face, his eyes darken and he moves his cheek so it rests in my palm.

Looking straight at me, he gently kisses my palm ... and then my wrist... 

The playful atmosphere from before has now become heavy and I feel a shiver go down my back.

Without me realizing it, he has lead us into a dark, secluded hallway. He lets me rest against the wall, and leans towards me with one hand resting on the wall and the other still holding my waist.

"Oppa..."

"Joohyun, I would like to make my wish."

His voice is husky and addicting and I find myself nodding mindlessly, agreeing to whatever he wanted. 

"Always be mine."

I barely register what he said before his lips crash into mine. My mind is blank and all I can do is feel - feel his lips caress mine, his hands as they cradle my head. 

He takes his time, kissing me slowly but thoroughly. In my shell shocked state, I finally realize that I should kiss him back before he pulls away. Tentatively, I push back onto him and try to match his passion. 

His response is immediate - I am pushed up against the wall; the hands that were tenderly cupping my face are now roughly grabbing me by the waist.  

A thrill runs down my spine and I am pretty sure that I will be incapable of forming coherent thoughts in the near future.

But as suddenly as it all began, he turns away from me and says in a low voice, "Joohyun... I'm sorry."

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Sorry this is a little on the short side. I tried to fit in as many SM moments as I could. Hope you guys enjoyed :)