Chapter 2

Wanting You

 

snsd-wallpaper-68.jpg

 

Changmin got his chance to commence operation 'MAPDI' ("Maknae Personality Disorder Investigation") a few days later.

He was on the lookout for his "subject of study", aka: Seo Joo Hyun, at the SM Entertainment building. James Bond style, Changmin ducked around a corner and looked both ways down the hallway to make sure he was unnoticed.

(Author's Note: In case you haven't noticed, our dear Changmin oppa is kind of a dork  - _ - '  )

At one point, he sees his beloved Kyu talking with Minho about something and is tempted to ask for their help. But he decides it would look too suspicious if the three of them all observed her. "I'll tell him later," Changmin thinks. "He'd love the name MAPDI".    (Yup, because Kyuhyun is also a dork! Thus why you two are friends lol ... )

 

As luck would have it, he stumbles upon her talking with the other Soshi girls in a break room. 

He is trying to decide whether or not to go in and break up their "girl talk", when Jessica notices him through the window.

"Hey! Isn't that Changmin oppa? What's he doing here?" she interrupts. Seohyun's head shoots up from the book she was reading. 

All of a sudden, 9 pairs of eyes are looking at the door and Changmin is just a little intimidated. Silently, he curses Jessica's surprisingly sharp eyes.

Taeyeon, the ever gracious leader, walks over and opens it. "Oppa? It's nice to see you. Um, did you want to come in?"

Yoona skips over and grins, "Changmin oppa, perfect timing! We needed a guy's point of view."

"Yup, Yoona's right. This is one problem you can really help us with" Sooyoung joins in and he is quickly ushered into the room.

"Ah...so, what did you need me for?" he questions, at the same time trying to avoid meeting Seohyun's gaze.

 Yoona eagerly takes the initiative. "Well, Oppa say there is this girl who has a BIG crush on this guy who she's known for ages. And I mean BIG crush, like we're talking Titanic -size crush-"  

"Unnie! I think he gets the picture!" Seohyun interrupts.

Changmin looks over at her, surprised. Mentally, he begins taking notes. "Observation #1, subject looks flustered when mentioning the word 'crush' ". 

 

Yoona carries on, still grinning. "Ok, right so what should she do - just confess to him one day? Or, should she drop hints and wait for him to make the move?"

Tiffany shakes her head, "She shouldn't do either! A makeover would be best! She can grab his attention with just a few touches of make up in the right places."

"And maybe a shopping trip," Jessica pipes in.

"A makeover and shopping?" Hyoyeon looks unimpressed. "I say she shows off some awesome dance moves at a club. Guys love that kind of thing."

"And how do you know this unnie? Personal experience?" Sooyoung teases with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

Sunny snorts, "Yeah, I bet it was with Hyuk Jae" she whispers to Yuri.

"Ya! I heard that!" Hyoyeon yells and tries to silence Sunny by half tackling her. Yuri joins in and tries to tickle Hyoyeon in retaliation.

"Girls! We're getting off topic! We haven't even heard Changmin oppa's answer yet!" Yoona yells over the ruckus. Still laughing, the girls try to calm down and look serious. 

 

"... Hm, I don't know - have you tried food?" he suggests.

"Oh! Like the saying that the way to a man's heart is through food," Tiffany recalls. "Oppa, that's brilliant."

"Hm, I could really go for some ice cream right now." Taeyeon mutters to herself.

"Unnie! You and your ice cream." Tiffany lightly slaps Taeyeon's shoulder.

"Ugh, yeah I'm totally starving. Oh wait, I remember I bought some M&Ms earlier." Jessica exclaims.

She rummages through a bag next to her feet and upon finding them, immediately starts to munch away happily.

"Ya! You're not even going to share?" Sooyoung asks.

"Unnie, remember I gave you a bite of my sandwhich yesterday." Yoona implores.

Changmin smiles, bemused. "These shikshins could give me a run for my money" he thinks.

"Gah, she's eating even faster now!" Sooyoung complains.

"It tastes better when you have two in your mouth at the same time!" Jessica retorts.

"Haha that's what she said!" Sunny remarks loudly. 

".... Wait what???" Changmin is nearly speechless.

Sunny. Of SNSD. Yes, THAT Sunny. Just made a  'that's what she said'  joke. And the rest of SNSD was ---- laughing! Like it was a common joke between them. 

He turns to look at Seohyun - "poor maknae, she must feel left out" he thinks. 

She's laughing too!!!

"She must be pretending to get the joke" he rationalizes, a little desperately.

"Unnie, that's so dirty!" Seohyun giggles.

"... Or not. Observation #2: Subject understands and laughs at 'that's what she said' jokes."

"Observation #3: Operation MADPI will need reinforcements."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Wait, so you're telling me they all laughed? Including Seohyun?"

"Yup and she straight up said 'That's so dirty' ". 

"And explain to me again why you didn't invite me?"

"Kyu, focus. I need your help, none of this is making sense."

Kyuhyun laughs, "Min, from what I can tell those girls just have a good sense of humor."

"But Joohyun? How is this possible? A year ago she was recommending me books by Ban Ki Moon."

"Hey, that doesn't mean that she doesn't know how to have a little fun. And reading between the lines, Min, I think the person she wants to have fun with is you."

Kyuhyun pats Changmin on the shoulder and walks off, leaving his friend to mull over his comment.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It's getting close to their comeback stage, which means TVXQ have double practice sessions in the afternoons every other day.

Changmin feels his muscles starting to ache, from his shoulders to his calves.

"At least  comeback stages means we don't need to go to the gym," Junsu pants. "This is already pushing my limit."

"Yeah but I kinda miss my weekly work outs - it builds discipline you know?" Yoochun replies.

"Ha, more like you'd rather gawk at the girls in the gym. There's no one here to look at but five sweaty men." Jaejoong teases.

Yunho tries to rally the troops. "Come on guys, let's take five for now - we all need some air." 

"Min, you coming?"

"I think I'll stay here - I'm gonna work on that one sequence."

"Alright, just don't push too hard"

He nods to his hyungs, who shuffle out one by one. 

Changmin counts out the beat, but still misses the timing on a few steps. 

Frustrated, he throws his shirt aside and goes again.

Suddenly, he hears a feminine gasp behind him.

Turning, he sees a startled Seohyun at the doorway.

She is rooted to her spot, and her eyes are glued onto his chest.

"Joohyun? What are you doing here?"

"I... I was looking for you, Oppa."

"Oh?"

"Yes, I know your practices are hard so I brought you some ice water."

She finally walks over with a bottle in her hand. The four other bottles in her bag he assumes are for his hyungs. 

He grins, "Thanks, this is just what I needed."

He drinks half of it in almost one shot, and then proceeds to dump the rest over his head.

Again, she lets out a little gasp.

 

After he finishes, he slowly closes the distance between them, and she finds it difficult to stand her ground as he towers above her.

"I don't think you can fool me anymore Joohyun-ah"

"Ne? Oppa what do you mean-"

He silences her by placing his index finger over her lips.

Smirking, he leans forward and whispers in her ear "Our little Joohyunnie has really grown up, hasn't she?"

As he moves back, she looks at him with sparkling eyes, "Is Oppa interested in finding out more?" she challenges.

Changmin feels a shiver go down his back at her words. 

But he won't be the one to back down first.

"Didn't you promise that you would show me?"

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I can't take credit for the twss joke, it's actually from this site - http://www.twssstories.com/.

                          Some people are just so immature these days.... including SNSD lol.

                          Thanks for all of the comments guys!