Troublemakers

Perfectly Imbalanced

 


 

 

“Sorry.”

 

Luhan finally said after a few minutes of contemplating whether to say ‘Sorry’ or ‘I apologize’. But since ‘Sorry’ is shorter, he settled with it.

 

It’s sincere.

 

From the bottom of his heart.

 

It’s the thought the counts anyway.

 

Not the letters.

 

Or the syllables.

 

Sehun didn’t seem to hear him so he said it again. “Sorry.”

 

“I heard you the first time.”

 

“Yeah, but you looked like you didn’t hear me so I had to repeat it.”

 

“Just because I didn’t reply doesn’t mean I didn’t hear you.”

 

Luhan sighed. “Look, I know I said a few untrue things to Baekhyun and I’m sorry. Maybe they’re right. I was paranoid. I just…I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

 

“Do you really wanna know what’s wrong with you from my point of view?” Sehun asked without sparing a glance on him. “You’re jealous.”

 

Luhan stared speechless.

 

“You might wanna elaborate that yourself.” Sehun said and pulled over in front of the school gates.

 

No, actually, he can’t elaborate that himself.

 

Probably because jealousy never really crossed his mind before.

 

So who knows if that was the case.

 

Luhan slowly went out of the car. “Look…I’m really sorry.”

 

Obviously, he is sincere.

 

Judging from his whole ‘we can’t be seen together’ monologue yesterday, walking out of Sehun’s car defeats its sole purpose. You don’t see a student giving his intern a ride every day.

 

But self-realization is pretty problematic.

 

--

 

Baekhyun blew his fringe away.

 

When Chanyeol showed up while he was in the middle of his breakfast, he instantly knew that he won’t be getting any break for today even though he originally planned to. And he just despises himself when he’s right. Something along the lines of Chanyeol’s constant nagging, pleading and the envelope he was holding made him realize what he has gotten into. It’s not a normal dressing up game where he appears out of nowhere to slap exes. He’s up for something bigger and more complicated.

 

Welcome to the life of elites.

 

“Did you hear what I said?” Jokwon, his self-proclaimed skivvy, asked while placing his hand on his hips.

 

“Uh-huh.” Baekhyun replied, with a nod, as passive as he can.

 

He nearly jumped when a ruler snapped broken along with Jokwon’s patience meter. “Darling, when somebody asks you a question you don’t answer with ‘uh-huh’,” He said mockingly. “You have to answer with great mannerism. Yes ma’am. Indeed. Absolutely. Dig up your dictionary.”

 

Baekhyun felt the pressure of probably the largest dictionary ever thrown to him. “Aw!” He felt a slight pain on his knee when Jokwon slapped it with a ruler.

 

“How do you sit again?”

 

Baekhyun clenched his fist to restrain his anger and pressed his legs together, slightly bended to the side. And yes, he’s wearing a goddamn dress.

 

And meet Jokwon.

 

He’s actually his advisor slash trainer.

 

Ever since Chanyeol informed him that he needed to be ready to take on more of Seoul’s elites and be knowledgeable of the Park accredited proper decorum and etiquette to avoid being interrogated by all the women carrying the Park surname and arbitrated that if not worthy, must disappear completely, he’s been sacrificing skins and limbs into this training.

 

He was warned of danger and catfights.

 

Nobody knows he’s seen them all.

 

Maybe not the decorum and the trainings and the yawn-inducing lectures of Shakespeare wanna-be right here, but he’s seen them. It doesn’t usually end well. But with someone living a double life, the heavens must and should be on his side.

 

It’s the rule of the life tire.

 

His should at least be balanced and not keep on spinning like what most people have.

 

A loud knock echoed through the room of gold and silver and Jokwon took the honor to answer it while he took the honor to drop the dictionary on the floor and kicked it under the 30 million won worth of cabinet.

 

He watched as servants push in two racks of twinkle-sequined dresses, sparking his interest the moment his eyes landed on them. Clothes are definitely girl’s best friends.

 

Well, at least not so much for girl wannabes.

 

And no, he is not in the Park estate—wherever that is.

 

He’s at the hotel Chanyeol’s sister owns.

 

Who knew Grand City Hotel was hers.

 

He watched as Jokwon and his 20-inch heels walked around the rack while scrutinizing each dress. He felt his phone vibrate and glanced at Jokwon. Seeing that he was quite busy, he decided to walk to the corner, somewhere behind more racks to answer Luhan’s call.

 

“Look at you, taking my advice of contacting each other at any time of the day just to get past your paranoia.”

 

“If I had known this was what I signed up for, I would’ve chosen you.”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I’ve been running errands since this morning! Apparently, this Pumpkins Gala is like one of the most important times of the year so they are really putting in a lot of effort. And now I’m stuck. I have zero knowledge of Seoul and they order me to buy this and buy that.”

 

“If you think I can save your , think twice. I’m also stuck in one of the Park women’s hotel with a tutor lecturing me about proper decorum and whatnot.” He heard Luhan snort. “And it’s all because of this…Pumpkins Gala…” His eyes gazed on a magazine lying by the window with neon colors almost hurting his eyes. Eventually, he took the magazine and scanned it the moment SM Academy appeared on the bottom. “How big of a deal is this anyway? I don’t think concealers can cover up these red marks caused by his rulers.”

 

“I don’t know, we’re both foreigners of this land…well—you a little less— and elites aren’t really my favorite persons. Look, B, I am stuck downtown, carrying bags of felt papers and foils and I don’t know what these are for. My arms are numb. I need to get back to the academy.”

 

“Just take a cab.” Baekhyun replied nonchalantly while staring at a picture of Park Chanyeol during Pumpkins Gala in which he didn’t recognize at first because the noodle head was gone—replaced by spaghetti head.

 

Like, he even straightens his hair for this event. This must be one hell of an important event.

 

“We’re having crisis about money and you want me to take a cab?”

 

We’re not that poor.

 

Geez.

 

“Well then, walk.” Baekhyun shrugged. Even more so, what intrigues him the most was that spaghetti head Park Chanyeol doesn’t have a date when the other bachelors on the little boxes with him have one. And then there’s the phrase under his photo, almost taking up the whole page.

 

Date? What date? Here’s a bachelor who doesn’t need butts and s.

 

Creative.

 

He hummed an approval.

 

“You’re really helpful, B. Why do I get the feeling that you’re doing something much more important than helping your best friend find his way out of strandedness?”

 

“I found SMA’s school magazine.”

 

“Really? I’m holding one right now too.”

 

“It’s last year’s. Page 6.” He hears shuffling of papers from the other line and assumed Luhan dropped the bags and scanned the magazine.

 

“Okay…I’m looking at a picture of some bachelor—, this is Chanyeol?“

 

“Yep.”

 

Luhan choked from the other line. “…well, now at least you know why this is a big deal for the both of you. His family is one of the major stockholders of the school and he never brought a date, not even once, which means you’re the first. So I guess that’s why this is a pretty big deal for you. You need to make a good impression as his first ever date.”

 

Baekhyun closed the magazine and heaved a very heavy and long sigh.

 

Pressure.

 

My worst enemies.

 

After endless stairs of course.

 

He noticed he doesn’t hear Jokwon’s heels anymore and assumed he was done scrutinizing the dresses. “Lulu, I think my tutor is going to decapitate me soon but before I leave, please tell me you talked to Sehun.”

 

“Wow, you really like him. I did apologize but my words entered his right ear and left with his left ear. And I can’t find time to talk to him or whatever because the faculty has been ordering me around. I’ll talk to him at the gala, I guess.”

 

“Well, you better.”

 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN.” Baekhyun flinched at the sound of Jokwon’s annoyed pitch echoing across the room in rhythm with the tapping of his heels.

 

“Uh, look, I gotta go. TTYL. Bye!” Baekhyun immediately hung up and scurried out from behind the racks, displaying an idiotic smile once Jokwon’s gaze fell upon him. “Sorry, I had to take a call.”

 

“Without properly dismissing yourself? Baby cakes, if you want to avoid any misunderstandings, you have to at least excuse yourself in a proper and elegant way.” Jokwon lectured and sighed. His eyebrows crooked when he noticed that Baekhyun’s hand is occupied with something. “What’s that in your hand?”

 

“Oh, it’s SMA’s magazine. I saw it…somewhere.”

 

“I suppose you have taken a hint on why we are standing here right now. You’re the first person Chanyeol decided to bring as a date so we want the best for you.”

 

“Yeah, my friend said the almost same things over the phone.” Baekhyun nodded.

 

“Oh, and that’s your dress.” Jokwon pointed somewhere across the room and Baekhyun’s eyes followed. He almost jumped in shock when he saw the dress displayed with the mannequin.

 

I’M SUPPOSED TO WEAR THAT?

 

It wasn’t just because of the fact that the dress was screaming a million worth of won but also because he’s going to wear it. He. is. going. to. wear. it.

 

And is supposed to look good, elegant and enchanting.

 

He inhaled deeply and felt a hand on his back.

 

“It’s okay honey. Breathe in all the pressure. You’re going to be fine.” Jokwon said as if it was any help at all. “Now, come along.” He turned around and walked to the door. Baekhyun followed from behind albeit confused.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“We’re going to get your shoes.”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “What kind of shoes?”

 

“You’ll know when we get there. Is something the matter? You look weird.”

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “About that dress…is it really necessary to wear something like that? Isn’t it a bit over the top or something?”

 

Jokwon sighed heavily. “I assume that you stopped at Page 6. Apparently, the only persons allowed to appear in the magazine are the ones who are eye-catching enough to catch the photographers’ and the writers’ attentions and interests. When they can write about you in the magazine, they’ll post your picture. If not, then you wasted your time coming.”

 

Oh.

 

Well that’s mean.

 

“Simplicity is beauty.” Jokwon added. “All the girls would be wearing gowns sprinkled with diamonds and gold. We want you to stand out. So, we picked a simple yet sophisticated dress for you.”

 

OMG LIKE

 

Only girls can comprehend that.

 

Anyway, he didn’t bother voicing out his opinion on the dress anymore.

 

They enter one of the rooms quietly. This floor, like the whole floor, is closed and is exclusive only for family members and significant people thus pretty isolated hence the quietly part. He followed Jokwon inside and stopped when he saw glass shoes lying on top of a golden pillow. He raised an eyebrow. “Are those real glass shoes?”

 

“Yes. The Pumpkins Gala’s concept is always about Cinderella and they have a strict dress code...blue dress and glass slippers.”

 

AHAHAHAHAHA.

 

And then what?

 

We have until midnight?

 

Or maybe we can’t leave the party if we don’t purposely leave one slipper behind.

 

A loud knock echoed through the room and they turn their heads to the door.

 

“Hey, I came to pick up Cinderella.” Chanyeol said while leaning on the doorframe with arms crossed.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know what caused his heart to flip.

 

It’s either because he hasn’t seen Chanyeol for 3 hours.

 

Or the fact that Chanyeol is wearing a formal attire. Like a real gentleman.

 

He settled for none anyway and shrugged.

 

--

 

Luhan dropped his hand, thinking that he will never be able to find his way back to the school unless he takes a cab which he wouldn’t do because he doesn’t really have sufficient money. So he started walking, hoping that some random guy will pull ever and offer him a ride and when that happens, he promised not to interrogate the guy anymore…seeing as where it had put him.  Still, carrying four bags, two at each side, heavy enough that he felt like he was sinking to the floor is not his idea of an escapade. What the hell is this?

 

Well, it’s not like he has any right to complain. He needed a job. Now he has one.

 

He kept walking, pausing each time to fix the bags because of the weight.

 

He didn’t even think that maybe it was all for nothing because he doesn’t know where his destination actually is. The sidewalk looked endless. Unless he wanted coffee since there’s a coffee shop from afar. But there isn’t any time for coffee at all when faculty members have been flooding his phone, asking where the hell he was and that 4 hours has passed since he left.

 

Heh.

 

Fire me and I’ll throw these bags on your faces.

 

Karma is a . When he attempted to fix the bags on his arms again, he tripped and fell to the ground, causing the items inside the bags to fall out and some rolling away. He mentally cursed.

 

CAN’T THIS DAY GET ANY WORST?!

 

Actually, yes.

 

He just got owned by water when a car speeding up passed by. He clenched his fist while wiping his face.

 

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

 

Anyway, he started picking up the items that fell out, ignoring the looks the passersby were giving him.

 

If you had enough strength to look at me, why not help me instead?

 

He shook his head and continued. He paused when a car pulled over beside the sidewalk.

 

What now?

 

“Having fun?”

 

His neck almost snapped in turning when he heard a very familiar voice. He saw Kai smirking down at him from inside his car.

 

“Kai!” Luhan sped up in picking up the items and immediately stood up once he’s done.

 

Kai crooked his eyebrows at his appearance.

 

Haggard.

 

“Get in.” Kai said, tilting his head.

 

Luhan opened the back seat door and threw the bags inside, pushing them to the side so he has space to sit on. Well, at least that’s what he thought.

 

“Shotgun.” Kai said again.

 

Luhan pouted and ended up sitting on the passenger’s seat.

 

What? He likes the backseat.

 

“What are you doing actually? I thought you were cleaning the sidewalk.”

 

Luhan snorted. “The faculty asked me to buy things. I don’t know the way back. They should invent carpet rides. It’s quite convenient.”

 

Kai shook his head. “You watch too much Disney.”

 

“It’s the only thing free on the internet. We don’t have a TV. And I’m working my off…literally.” Luhan sighed—exhaustion and disappointment. Well, they blame him of watching too much Disney when he doesn’t have anything else. Genies are cute anyway. “So, where were you going?”

 

“To the school too. I just came back from a meeting. I thought I’d come by and check the progress which I think is on hold because the materials are stuck with a certain foreigner here.” Kai chuckled and turned left. “It was pretty stupid to send you on grocery duties.”

 

“They probably thought I know enough about Seoul because I have a Korean friend.”

 

Kai cleared his throat. “Um…speaking of Baekhyun…where is he actually? I haven’t seen him since that lunch at that restaurant. He didn’t even say goodbye personally.”

 

“He’s got a lot of issues. Not serious ones of course. And he was busy finding a job.”

 

“Why? Isn’t he a model at Homme Fatale?”

 

“Oh, he—“

 

Got fired because his father has been constantly cutting him off and because Chanyeol and his mom happened to have their own page of self-opinionated paragraphs under phrases with question marks, he had no choice but to give up the only job he has or else his father’s minions will come to Korea with choppers and submarines just to take him back.

 

Uh…no. I don’t think so.

 

“—quitted. His paycheck isn’t that big anyway. At least not enough to afford a TV.”

 

“Well, where is he? I can help him. I know a lot of people who needs a new arm in their businesses. Like, the Inside magazine for example. It’s almost as the same as Homme Fatale, except it deals with scandals and stuff. He’ll be a great hand.”

 

No, actually, he does have a job.

 

Cross-dressing slash pretending to be fiancé for a certain Park Chanyeol.

 

Well, Luhan wasn’t that approved anyway.

 

“Well…I guess I’ll call him to meet you. Or you can come by at our house some time. I think he’ll be happy.”

 

Should be.

 

If Kai can find him a job better than having to work for Park Chanyeol with heels and bras.

 

“Awesome.” Kai replied and parked in front of the school. He decided to help Luhan with the bags since the red marks on his arm aren’t really attractive.

 

“Thanks for helping me with the bags.” Luhan said as they make their way through the hallways.

 

“To actually ask a tiny guy like you to run errands, and a foreigner at that, they could use some lecture.”

 

Luhan hit his arm playfully and chuckled.

 

“Hi, Kai.” The female students said and giggled.

 

“I see you’re famous around here.” Luhan said while looking around and noticed that most girls stopped and turned to Kai—with a faint blush on their faces of course. If he hadn’t known better, they were stripping him in their minds.

 

“And you will be too.” Kai replied braggingly.

 

“What is with you and your brother? Are the only things you care about are money and fame?”

 

“Wow, Chanyeol wasn’t kidding when he said you were pretty paranoid and a firm believer of equality. I like judgmental better. You should stop saying things like those. It hurts us hardworking handsome businessmen.”

 

“Chanyeol told you?” Luhan shook his head. “Did he tell you what I did to Sehun too?”

 

“No, what did you do?”

 

“Oh nothing.” Luhan replied with a smile. “Here’s me.”

 

They stopped in front of a room and a female co-staff immediately approached them on the door. “Luhan, thank god! We’ve been calling you! What took you so long? We don’t have any time left!”

 

“Yeah, about that—“

 

Kai leaned closer to read the name on the girl’s I.D. “Hyomin?”

 

Hyomin paused and turned to Kai. “Oh, Mr. Kim, fancy seeing you here.”

 

“I suggest you make seaweed guy right there to do the errands instead of this foreigner here. Firing someone isn’t really my cup of tea.”

 

“Oh, I am really sorry Mr. Kim!” Hyomin said and bowed in apology.

 

“Kai, it’s okay.”

 

“It is now. I’ll call you later.” Kai smiled and walked away. Luhan watched as he goes.

 

“First, Sehun and now Kai? Wow, you’re pretty impressive.” Hyomin said with a grin.

 

“Uh, Kai is my friend actually and Sehun is his brother so there’s really nothing going on here.”

 

“I didn’t say there was.” Hyomin smirked and grabbed the bags. “Come on, the head’s not really pleased.”

 

--

 

Chanyeol tried hard, really hard, to ignore whatever was trying to distract him and focused on the road and on his driving. But really, it’s hard.

 

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol warned for the fifth time.

 

Yet Baekhyun continues to destroy his car by constantly checking everything his eyes deemed interesting.

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun hummed, an obvious gesture saying he doesn’t hear anything and isn’t planning to, and continued to scrutinize each item that his hands come across with while turning over a pile of things in search for something interesting and intriguing inside Chanyeol’s compartment.

 

It was okay if he put them back properly.

 

Unfortunately, he just shoves them back in randomly.

 

“Baekhyun, seriously!”

 

“What?”

 

“Stop messing up my car.”

 

“I am not messing up your car! I am just checking things. You know, maybe there are some things here worth throwing out. Like this old ugly scarf. Why do you have this anyway? And what kind of color is this? Have you no taste in fashion? You’re a CEO, you should at least learn how to dress properly.”

 

Ah.

 

Baekhyun’s nagging.

 

Music to my ears.

 

Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head. “That’s my sister’s. She gave it to me before she left for Paris.”

 

“Your sister’s in Paris?!”

 

“Yeah, she works there as a designer.”

 

Baekhyun turned back to the scarf. “This is a nice scarf.”

 

At least now he’s got something to distract him from staring at Chanyeol—because yeah, Chanyeol is attractive when he’s dressed like this.

 

No one should ever know.

 

No one.

 

“So, how did the meeting go?”

 

“Stressful. The plane that was supposed to ship some gadgets to the U.S. crashed near Singapore. Now, bandits are stealing the spare gadgets. It’s hard to take control when I’m here, they’re there. Plus, the deadline is one week from now. It’s hard enough to produce the same amount of gadgets they requested in just a week. We might lose this one.”

 

 

That is complicated. Baekhyun thought.

 

However, Chanyeol just became 10 times more attractive talking about business, wearing a suit, while driving.

 

Not good.

 

“It’s going to be okay. You just have to find a sponsor who can lend you a cargo plane.”

 

“Except it’s hard to find the right one. It’s hard to know which one to trust.”

 

Baekhyun paused. “You did check the plane, didn’t you?”

 

“Yes, it was fine. The pilot’s one of the best there is. Why the hell did it crash? I guess it was just unfortunate.”

 

So trust is the issue in this.

 

“I smell scheming. Take that sponsor out of the picture. Take my advice, Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Alright. After I talked to the board.” Chanyeol answered teasingly.

 

Baekhyun pouted. “Fine. I wouldn’t bother. Suit yourself.”

 

“Look, you’re here to act as my fiancé, not a business consultant. We got this.”

 

Sure.

 

After three more plane crashes.

 

Baekhyun didn’t bother answering anymore.

 

--

 

Kai entered the elevator at the last minute. After finding out Sehun wasn’t in his classroom, he figured he’d be at the rooftop—a place exclusive for them. It was a place worth remembering once. He can’t think the same thing now. So much has changed since then.

 

The elevator stopped and he immediately walked out, feeling the freezing breeze of winter once he set foot on the rooftop. He saw Sehun leaning on the wall, reading a book. His footsteps echoed and Sehun looked up, not-so-pleased.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Kai smiled. “I thought I’d come by.”

 

“And what? Introduce me to another employer? Buy me another shop? I don’t like playing games with you.”

 

“I was just trying to help you. Maybe you can start small and—“

 

“This isn’t your business! For starters, you are not my brother. I can deal about my future on my own and I don’t want you in it. I am going to make my parents proud.”

 

“Look, whatever I did, I’m sorry. I thought I could help. When you mentioned that you want to start something on your own, I thought I’d give you a hand so I introduced you to that employer. I didn’t think—“

 

“You know what you can do to help? Mind your own business. If you have just stayed away from mine, we wouldn’t have to fight like this. It’s just upsetting, Kai.”

 

Kai sighed heavily. “Alright. I’ll stay out.”

 

Sehun stuck a tongue out on him.

 

Stupid brother.

 

--

 

Baekhyun woke up to another day. Well, he can’t really say it was a good morning wake up since he woke up to the sound of rustling and footsteps and he knows very well where that came from. He went out of his room and found Luhan’s door open, revealing an already dressed for work blondie who kept on walking around. He walked to the doorway and leaned. “Lulu, please tell me you’re not going yet. It’s 6AM. I don’t even see you come home at night.”

 

“Sorry, B. The Head wasn’t really happy about my performance two days ago and said I lack enthusiasm in preparing for the Pumpkins Gala.” Luhan replied without even sparing a glance at him while shoving in his laptop and notebooks with scattered sticky notes inside his bag. “She gave me tasks that start a 6AM.”

 

“Are you sure you’re not doing this just to avoid talking to Sehun?”

 

“He isn’t even that thrilled to see me whenever we bump to each other. He always seems so lifeless. He used to be all smiley and playful. I’m pretty sure that’s not my fault.”

 

“Lulu, it’s been three days since the whole stalker incident.”

 

“I know. And tomorrow is the Pumpkins Gala. I have to go.” Luhan smiled at him, grabbed his bag, and walked out of the room. Baekhyun noticed he was wearing two different shoes but chose to keep his mouth shut.

 

Does he even sleep?

 

Anyway, as soon as Luhan was gone to hell, he went back to his room to change clothes.

 

--

 

Chanyeol fiddled with his pen, sitting on his computer, back leaning comfortably as he stares outside the door of his balcony, eyes gazing at the clothes sliding down the milky skin. Nothing beats a good morning with a certain Baekhyun stripping and changing clothes. He bit his lip as he traces the latter’s spine down to his torso. He really has a lady-like figure.

 

He was too occupied with the latter’s anatomy that he failed to notice Sehun sneaking up behind him until the boy blew on his ear, causing the giant to jump in shock and ended up stumbling to the floor.

 

“WHAT THE . OH SEHUN!”

 

“Yo!” Sehun greeted with a grin.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?!”

 

“Breakfast at the pretties, remember?”

 

The pretties being Baekhyun and Luhan, of course.

 

“Or did you already have one?” Sehun added with a smirk.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

Chanyeol stood up immediately and started walking. “I’ll go take a bath.”

 

Sehun shrugged and followed behind him.

 

--

 

Baekhyun was having a crisis whether to cook pancakes and hotdogs or to feed Chanyeol and Sehun dog food. That way he can save more food. But Brad Pitt doesn’t like sharing so he ended up choosing the pancakes and hotdogs instead. Plus, it’s not like he’s not going to eat with them. There’s a reason behind this breakfast with the idiots. Actually, too many to mention so never mind explaining.

 

He was down to his third and last pancake when he heard Brad Pitt barking from outside followed by screams that sounded violent at one point. When the door opened, he turned and saw Chanyeol and Sehun covered with dirt.

 

He gasped. “STOP RIGHT THERE!”

 

Chanyeol and Sehun froze—one leg on the air as they were walking in when Baekhyun suddenly yelled.

 

“DON’T YOU DARE SET FOOT IN THIS HOUSE.”

 

“What?” They asked in unison.

 

“I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY DIRTYING OF MY HOUSE!”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Well, maybe if you kick your dog out we wouldn’t have to try hard to get away from it in which we ended up rolling on the ground in attempt to stay away from the violence of your dog.”

 

“STILL—“

 

Chanyeol smirked and tapped his foot on the floor. “Oh look, there’s my foot.”

 

Baekhyun gasped incredulously.

 

“PARK CHANYEOOOOL!!!!!!”

 

Sehun flinched and hid behind Chanyeol.

 

The giant gulped.

 

“YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER! LOOK WHAT YOU’VE DONE! THERE ARE TRACES OF DIRT ON MY FLOOR!”

 

Too dramatic.

 

Really.

 

Chanyeol continued walking inside, killing Baekhyun inside at the sight of dirty footprints on his floor. Meanwhile, Sehun stayed outside and brushed his shoes on the rag.

 

Baekhyun went to the stock room grumpily to get the mop.

 

“Wow dude, you’re a jerk.” Sehun murmured while taking off his shoes and placing it beside the door since the dirt wouldn’t come off. He’d rather not have Baekhyun’s shriek ringing in his ears.

 

Chanyeol shrugged and dug the fork on one of the pancakes.

 

When suddenly a can went flying to his head, hitting him hard.

 

He felt like he was electrocuted and was forced to let go of the fork to massage his head. “WHAT THE —“

 

He turned to the side and saw the culprit humming some song while mopping the area. That brunette hair had never looked like a nice target until five seconds ago. Unconsciously, he grabbed the fork and threw it to the target. It would’ve been dangerous if it hit the brunette. Luckily, Baekhyun ducked just in time.

 

When he heard the fork clanking after it fell to the floor, he just snapped.

 

No one, NO ONE, throws his utensils.

 

Punishments depend on the subject.

 

But really, the subject is Park Chanyeol…so..yeah.

 

“YAH!” Baekhyun yelled angrily and swayed the mop to his front. “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”

 

“YOU STARTED!”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU, 5?!” Baekhyun then lounged forward and hit Chanyeol with the mop. Chanyeol grabbed some random item he can find and threw it to Baekhyun.

 

And just like that they made a mess of the house by throwing random things at each other.

 

Sehun almost yelped when he looked up and saw pillows, plates, wine glasses, chairs, pans and bottles flying on the air. He had all the explanations he needed when he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun on fire.

 

Funny how those two are older than him.

 

It’s like they grow backwards.

 

…that’s not an abnormality, is it?

                                                              

Sehun shrugged and walked to the table to grab breakfast. He might as well eat than mingle in their business. It looked pretty dangerous too.

 

He was gulping down water after carelessly shoving thick slices of pancakes and hotdogs when Chanyeol appeared in front of him.

 

“Is it good?” He spit the water in shock when he heard Baekhyun ask beside him. Thanks to fast reflexes, Chanyeol managed to grab a plate and block whatever that is Sehun was spitting on him. He’s had enough of his saliva.

 

“You done fighting?”

 

“We weren’t fighting, we were cleaning.” Baekhyun replied and brought his used plate to the sink. Chanyeol gave him the one with Sehun’s saliva too.

 

“By the way Sehun, who’s your Cinderella tomorrow night?” Chanyeol asked while leaning closer.

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

“Sehun, have you talked to Luhan?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“The question is has he talked to me?”

 

“Why?” Baekhyun and Chanyeol asked in unison, obviously for two different subjects. Wow, he was actually multi-tasking.

 

Sehun glanced at both of them, suspicion reeling in. “Is this an interview or what?”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeo grinned evilly. The next thing Sehun knows is that they wiped butter on his face, on his cheek to be exact, like it was some kind of cream. The two giggled and ran away immediately.

 

Oh I get it.

 

Three can play this game.

 

Sehun smirked then grabbed the plates with pancakes and hotdogs and followed the two troublemakers upstairs, ignoring the vague sound of the doorbell. They must have smoked some weed. They look like they’re high. He reached one of the bedrooms and found Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughing like idiots on the other side of the room where the bed is between them. Sehun grinned and threw hotdogs on them one by one.

 

“You’re wasting the food!” Baekhyun yelled while laughing and ducking while Chanyeol hid behind him.

 

This giant is such a disgrace.

 

“It’s not like we’re going to eat it anyway!” Sehun replied while speeding up.

 

“BAEKHYUN?”

 

They froze at the familiar voice downstairs. Baekhyun ran to the door and heard footsteps from the stairs. “Oh my god oh my god oh my god.”

 

“BAEK?”

 

“It’s Kai!” He whispered loudly, panic obvious in his voice. “Go hide!”

 

“What? Why? Where?” Chanyeol asked in the same manner while awkwardly running around to find a hiding place.

 

Baekhyun gestured under the bed and the two abruptly lied on the floor and pushed themselves under the bed. Baekhyun kicked the plate too so he doesn’t have to make up excuses or whatever.

 

“Baekhyun! There you are!”

 

Baekhyun snapped and turn. “Kai! What are you doing here?”

 

“Oh, I was ringing the doorbell but no one was answering. Luhan said you’re here. And the door is open so I just went inside.”

 

“Ah, I see. I was…cleaning. Probably why I didn’t hear it.”

 

Kai shrugged on jumped on the bed. The pressure made the two guys underneath to yelp in pain. “Hm? This bed made a weird sound.”

 

“Ahahaha. Please stop bouncing on the bed.” Baekyhun replied awkwardly.

 

OMG GUYS I’M SO SORRY

 

Kai probably didn’t hear anything. “Is this your room?”

 

“No, it’s Luhan’s.”

 

Cause duh I will never take those two to my room.

 

But before that…

 

“Kai, stop bouncing on the bed.  Luhan doesn’t like that.”

 

“Well, he’s not here.”

 

YOU DON’T UNDERSTAAAAND!

 

Sehun and Chanyeol are already planning his death even as they speak.

 

“Why are you here exactly?” Baekhyun asked to stop Kai from bouncing on the bed by bringing up a serious topic.

 

“Oh, Luhan told me you were looking for a job. I know someone from Inside so I can help you get in. They have a job opening for writers.”

 

HOLY COW

 

THAT ONE HELL OF A MAGAZINE THAT WRITES ABOUT SCANDALS AND ISSUES?

 

“That’s amazing.” Baekhyun breathed in awe.

 

“So, are you up for it?”

 

Like, one story is enough to buy a TV.

 

“Um…” He fiddled with his hands and looked down to think. “I think—“

 

He paused when he saw Chanyeol’s hair and hand sticking out from under the bed.

 

“Yes, ridiculous.”

 

“And then what?”

 

“That you quit your work since you’re going to be my fiancé and I won’t let you work because…because I want to be the one to take care of you, give you everything you want, make you happy and stay here and just make me food and…greet me when I get home.”

 

He did have a lot of fun being in this situation now. Despite of being unsure of the outcome of his actions, it makes it exciting. He gets to help someone and get a friend.

 

Doing this is really fun.

 

It’s everything I ever asked for.

 

Well, maybe except for jerk-yeol.

 

He chuckled. “Actually, I don’t need a job. I already have one but I can’t tell you.”

 

He just had to miss the sigh of relief coming from under the bed.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yep. Thanks though. It’s nice to know that you’re willing to help a friend.”

 

“Anytime.” Kai said and stood up. “Well, if you change your mind I’m just a phone call away. I wrote my number on the whiteboard near the stairs.” He sighed and looked at his watch. “I should be going. The company’s having a crisis.”

 

“I’ll walk you out,”

 

“No, it’s fine. You look like you can do some more cleaning.” Kai chuckled and pointed at the hotdogs and pancakes scattered on the floor. “I’ll see you around!”

 

Baekhyun watched as Kai disappear into the hallway.

 

When he was sure Kai already left judging from the sound of his car fading away, he immediately knelt down to check on the two. “Guys! The coast is clear! Are you okay?!”

 

“I can’t feel my bulge…” Sehun groaned while crawling out with Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh at how hard they had to struggle to get their limbs to act properly.

 

“OH MY GOD I’M LATE!” Sehun yelled and scurried out of the room immediately, almost forgetting his schoolbag if it wasn’t for Chanyeol who threw it outside just in time he went back to get it. “See you later guys!”

 

Baekhyun chuckled, thinking how cute their relationship is. He stood up and stretched an arm to help Chanyeol get up. When Chanyeol took the hand, he noticed an obvious wound on his arm. “Your arm.”

 

Chanyeol folded his arm to his shoulder to see. “Oh, I think I got when I was hiding under the bed.”

 

“Come on.”

 

--

 

The boxes containing medical supplies are lied properly on the table while Chanyeol sat and leaned on the couch comfortably when he realizes, again, for the nth time of the year, that Baekhyun really is beautiful. The way his lashes fall down, the way his lips would purse and the way the sunlight reflects on his cheek, creating a vague color of significant pink while he was seriously treating Chanyeol’s wound was breathtaking. It’s not always he can see this side of Baekhyun but it seemed like the brunette really doesn’t like seeing people hurt and wounded. He’d transform from an obnoxious beast to an angel in a second if necessary.

 

Baekhyun looked up from the cottons when he noticed Chanyeol wasn’t moving. “What?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “It’s nice seeing you up close like this, harmless and you’re actually treating my wound.”

 

“Since when did I not? Besides, I’m responsible—partly—again.”

 

“Yeah, you do often seem cursed.” Baekhyun hit his wound playfully. “Aw! You’re hurting me! You should make me feel better not make me feel worst!”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and went back to pressing the cottons on the wound. “Fine. If it makes you feel better, you can hit my arm too.”

 

“You know what will make me feel better?”

 

“Hm?” Baekhyun looked just in time Chanyeol smirked and leaned in for a kiss…on his cheek. He froze. Before reality even came back to him, Chanyeol was already on the door, running away for a crime called ual harassment slash molesting.

 

Slash taking advantage.

 

Slash whatever.

 

Baekhyun dropped the cottons.

 

“PARK CHANYEOOOOL!!!!”

 

He attempted to run after him and probably decapitate him but he stopped by the door when he saw a small box on the rag, tied by a ribbon with a small card on top. It’s kind of weird Brad Pitt ignored this one but who cares. He picked up the box and opened the card.

 

Wear this tomorrow night. I’ll pick you up at 6. ;)

 

Baekhyun opened the box and found an infinity pendant.

 

Cheese all over.

 

Chanyeol is definitely feeding mice in his house.

 

But still…

 

…this is really sweet.

 

Chanyeol, you freak.

 


 

 

is this worth the wait?

i'm sorry, me and my friends went city hopping after the debut party. i didn't even go home, i went back straight to my dorm and enrolled and whatever lol

you may kill me now.

 

look guys someone made me a poster. :D

THANK YOU Park_Noodle <3

FEEL MY LOVE <3

SUBBIES I MISSED YOU :3