Sentiment

Perfectly Imbalanced

warning: unbeta-ed. well, i never beta anyway. >.<

 


 

After Sehun and Luhan came, and with Chanyeol and Yixing arriving not long after, they all decided to leave the gymnasium to grab something to eat. Besides, this is the first time they went out together. It’s too bad Kris isn’t here. Or Kyungsoo. Okay I admit, Kyungsoo’s not bad, Baekhyun thought. But he looked like someone who would strangle his neck every time he makes a snarky comment about something or someone or him. Baekhyun pouted at the image. His nape is already sensitive, which is only acceptable for girls by the way, he’d rather not sacrifice his whole neck for the sake of friendship.

 

Sehun took them to a restaurant a few blocks from the school. There were already a lot of restaurants lined in the streets. Sehun explained that it’s because the food in their cafeteria really . And since they don’t pay for it (they only need to present their I.D), they used the canteen as a snack place and they go out during lunch time for a decent meal. At first there were only a few stores but the demand went up so people just started building eating places, even the Bowling Alley became a restaurant which because they liked that bowling alley. It was the only bowling alley in a closer radius.

 

There were a lot of people—students—inside the restaurant. Some still dressed in their costumes and uniforms. Sehun went around greeting and chatting with his friends and Kai occasionally went with him. Chen found a karaoke machine at the corner and immediately he was in his own world. Well, not for long since Yixing seemed to have taken interest into singing Korean songs he probably doesn’t understand that much.

 

In the end, the only ones left to find a table and order food was Baekhyun and Chanyeol, which isn’t really unfortunate since it’s much better to decide on something like this.

 

“You’ve been awfully quiet.” Baekhyun says while browsing through the menu. He peeks at Chanyeol between his fringe and back to the menu. “Is something wrong?”

 

Chanyeol blinks slightly in surprise but tries not to show it. “What? No, uh, tired. Maybe.”

 

“Something happened at the office today?”

 

This should be a normal conversation but somehow Chanyeol can’t shake off the fear that anytime now he might lose Baekhyun again. He could have no knowledge of it or he could have but still wouldn’t able to do anything. He watches Baekhyun pursing his lips and crooking his eyebrows while deciding what to order. It didn’t occur to him that he has been staring at the boy and had completely forgotten about the question.

 

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun says. Chanyeol sits up in surprise. “You didn’t answer my question.” Baekhyun continues before looking at him. “Is there something wrong?” He asks again, hoping this time Chanyeol would give him an honest answer. He knows Chanyeol and he knows his body language so he could at least tell when something’s bothering him.

 

Chanyeol sighs. “It’s noth—“

 

“BAEKHYUN!!!”

 

“Chen, your mouth is in my ear, WHY THE DID YOU HAVE TO YELL?!”

 

Chen immediately takes a step back. “Yours isn’t in mine but somehow I can feel my eardrums popping.” He turns to Chanyeol. “Seriously, how does he scream like that?” Chanyeol only shrugs with a bit of a laugh.

 

“Did you just come here to scream at me because I swear you won’t be eating anything tonight.”

 

“Oh right, right! Baekhyun, can you please, pleaaaaaseeee, please I beeeeeeg, MAKE YIXING GIVE UP THE MICROPHONE? THAT CHING CHONG JUST STOLE THE MIC FROM ME AND NOW HE WON’T LET GO!”

 

Baekhyun laughs after seeing Yixing (and a few strangers around him) enjoying. “He seems happy.” Chen was silent for a moment, possibly in a state of surprise seeing Baekhyun side with the evil one (which shouldn’t really be a surprise), letting Baekhyun hear Yixing’s broken Korean echoing from the mic. He didn’t understand the lyrics listening to Yixing but when he eventually remembers the familiar song…he turns to Chen. They were both frozen as . “Should we tell him?”

 

Chen only blinks at him. “We should.”

 

“Well, should we tell him now?”

 

“Tell him what?” Luhan asks after overhearing their conversation while making his way to his chair.

 

Chanyeol leans back and smirks. “Yixing’s singing a song about .”

 

Luhan freezes, his hand on top of the chair. “Sehun, you brat.” He whispers before walking away, hand fisted. Chanyeol figures Sehun probably chose the song for Yixing and since Luhan isn’t really Korean either, it was a perfect opportunity for him to mess around.

 

“So anyway, would you rather have this type of chicken or this one?”

 

“The does that question mean, they’re both chickens!”

 

“No! This is garlic and this is breaded!”

 

“THEY’RE. BOTH. CHICKENS.”

 

“YOU. ARE. STUPID.”

 

“ YOU.”

 

“Oh please, Chen, we’re past that stage.” Baekhyun deadpans.

 

Chen shrugs his shoulders. “You’re right.”

 

Chanyeol perks up and stares at them with a face demanding an explanation. Chen smirked while walking behind Chanyeol’s chair. “Didn’t him though.”

 

“I was too good for him.” Baekhyun added while sitting back down to his chair.

 

Chen rests an arm around Chanyeol’s shoulders. “He has a very majestic body. No wonder he ed a lot in China.”

 

Chanyeol was mortified. “What—ed a lot? In China? A lot?”

 

“Did you really think his was ?” Chen asks. Baekhyun is silent because he doesn’t really know how to counter this kind of conversation. “First to leave a bar, first to leave a house the next morning.” Especially when they’re true.

 

However, Baekhyun isn’t really fond of those days he quote, ed a lot in China, unquote.

 

Because that’s not really something you should be proud of to be honest.

 

Plus, the amount of pain he gave Luhan.

 

CRIES.

 

He was the roommate of the guy who comes home just to let out all the vomit.

 

Chanyeol was still mortified. “I—“

 

“I mean, why wouldn’t he? He has the .” Chen, tomorrow you should die. “And he basically knows how to tease everyone in the bar. It’s just a matter of time until someone he likes approaches him and then he leaves with the person for a one-night stand.” Forget it. Chen, you should die now. “Ah, but Chanyeol, you would know right?” Chen gave Chanyeol the eyebrows.

 

Normally, Baekhyun would’ve interrupted by now but after seeing Chanyeol’s face slowly getting red, he couldn’t bare missing more fun. “Of course he would.” He says with a suggestive smirk and Chanyeol’s eyes widen.

 

“I—I need to go to the comfort room! Excuse me!” Chanyeol immediately jumps out of his chair and scurries out to the comfort room, almost tripping at some point, making the other two laugh out loud.

 

Chen turned to Baekhyun. “You know if you want to get laid, you should really stop using me for your schemes.”

 

“Well, who else would give him the talk? Luhan?”

 

Chen gives him a look. “You two really never had ?”

 

Baekhyun snarls. “No. Why?”

 

“You’re not even ually attracted to each other?”

 

Baekhyun glowers. “You should know that if I throw up, I’ll throw up right at your face.”

 

Chen obviously has more important things in his mind. “Huh. That is interesting.” He remembered Chanyeol and Sehun saying that it would’ve been nice if Baekhyun and Luhan has had because then they’d both be up for a foursome (truthfully, they started off with talking about what pet to get and somehow ended up talking about two of their friends possibly having ). Such mystery.

 

“Besides, Luhan’s too vanilla. I’ve seen him have with someone. He’s too caught up with his Disney fantasies.” Baekhyun clicks his tongue after suddenly remembering something. “Did you know he only has with guys who helped or in his vocabulary, saved him?”

 

“And you know that because?”

 

“Because he tells me stories of how he was saved by the man he had with and never came back the morning after.”

 

Chen shakes his head. “Such a tragic life. Why don’t you have with him then? You’re . You can pretend you’re some knight in shining armor—“

 

“Prince Charming.”

 

“—Prince Charming and Luhan can be the damsel in distress—“

 

“Princess.”

 

“—what?”

 

“He wants to be the princess.”

 

Chen gapes. “My God.” Baekhyun shrugs his shoulders. Chen sighs and turns his head towards Luhan and Sehun’s direction where Luhan was apparently scolding the younger. “Prince Charming huh. Oh Sehun.” He crooks his eyebrows and turns back to Baekhyun. “You think Sehun saved him?”

 

“Who knows? Sehun isn’t the Prince Charming type, obviously.”

 

“Oh, you know. You’ve been living under the same roof for years.”

 

Baekhyun stares at Chen undecidedly. He probably shouldn’t say but it’s always nice to explain something to someone stupid enough not to have deducted himself. Stupid Elliot always wants to be superior. Baekhyun sighs. “It’s all about the true love’s kiss.”

 

Chen only stared at him. All Baekhyun sees is a huge question mark on top of his dumb head.

 

“True love’s kiss, hello? Sehun kissed him. It probably sparkled his bones, thumped his ribcage and Romeo-ed its way into his heart.”

 

Chen chuckled. “The Disney in you has come out.”

 

“That was Shakespeare, excuse.” Baekhyun argues.

 

“Ey, see, you like romance as well.” Chen teases. “I’ve never perceived you as someone who would go into abstinence.” True, that period he was away from Chanyeol, he couldn’t think of anyone else besides him. “Always looking for the right one. Lucky for you, neither of you can let go. It’s nice right? Your love story.” Chen chuckles.

 

Baekhyun knows his past but has never brought it up. Chen never told him why he was at the phone that day he mis-dialed and instead got his number. But he talks when he’s drunk because that’s when he’s most vulnerable. Chen doesn’t even remember every single word he lets out when he’s in that state. Somehow, it has worked on Baekhyun’s favor. “You’ll find him.” He says quietly. Chen’s mind has already wandered away. “Eventually.”

 

--

 

“You two are the same. Such fools.” Amanda told him that one night he regretted the most. “Wufan would sacrifice everything for you. What a very beautiful display of love. Would you also do that for him? Hm?”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“What is it I desire? There are so many I believe your time is not suffice enough to hear them all. But you know what I want the most? Power. That’s not so surprising, is it now?”

 

“And to gain power, you need to eradicate all hindrances. Do you know who hinders me?”

 

Yixing is too afraid to hear.

 

“Elliot Sky Van der Gilt.” Amanda whispers carefully, making sure Yixing hears it clearly. “Or as what you people call him, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“I’m not going to let you touch him. Stay away from him.”

 

“Oh, I won’t have to. Because you’ll do it for me.”

 

“Did you really think you can persuade me into doing something against my will?”

 

“No, honey, of course not. I don’t have to persuade you. Because you’ll do it yourself.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“The obvious. I’m sure you’d do the same thing Wufan did for you. Maybe even more.”

 

“…no.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Leave him out of this!”

 

“Did you really think you can protect everyone from me, Zhang Yixing?! You couldn’t even protect yourself! If you didn’t have Wufan protecting you, your father would have disowned you and you would be living in the streets! You’re not a hero, Yixing. And that is your unfortunate disadvantage.” Amanda her lip. “Sentiment. Such fools. Such pretty little fools.”

 

“Yixing?”

 

Yixing raises his head. He looks straight into his reflection.

 

Chanyeol walks closer. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Yixing. You can tell me.”

 

Yixing looks at Chanyeol’s reflection in the mirror. “I’m fine.” He repeats. He remembered he came to the comfort room to pee.

 

Chanyeol nods his head slowly. “Alright. If you say so.”

 

--

 

“Why do you wanna get laid tonight, anyway?”

 

Baekhyun groans. “God, Jongdae, are you still not done with the talk?”

 

“Don’t say my real name like that. It makes me want to have with you.”

 

“Doesn’t matter, I still won’t.”

 

“Aish. This .” Chen murmurs. “So, why do you want to get laid?”

 

“My brother called. He said he wants to meet Chanyeol.”

 

“And you’re scared to tell him so you’re gonna have with him?”

 

“I was planning on telling him in the middle of .”

 

“You are .” Baekhyun gives him a proud smirk. “Have you ever had with older men?”

 

“SERIOUSLY?”

 

“I was joking!” Chen laughs.

 

“Yeah I have.”

 

“Wha—“

 

“Hey!” Baekhyun greets Chanyeol who was coming over from the comfort room with a bright smile. “Why did you take so long?”

 

“Oh, I ran into Yixing.”

 

Chen immediately runs towards the karaoke machine, of course, not without yelling, “CHANYEOL! BAEKHYUN’S BROTHERS WANT TO MEET YOU! YEHET!”

 

That’s it. Baekhyun swore he will be the one to take Chen’s life.

 

You don’t use to get away from fear! Baekhyun imagines Chen having a CF about some bull anti-manipulative protest.

 

Chanyeol decides to sit beside Baekhyun with his arm on the smaller’s shoulders. “So?”

 

Baekhyun glances at him before heaving a sigh of defeat. “Fine. Yes, my brother called and told me he wants us to come there as soon as possible so he and my younger brothers can meet you.” He didn’t expect Chanyeol to agree immediately but he didn’t expect him to be quiet as well. “Chanyeol?” Chanyeol’s eyes were looking elsewhere and his eyebrows are slightly crooked. See, this is what I was scared of! Baekhyun yells in his head. “We can have after?”

 

“Alright.”

 

You bastard.

 

“I want to meet your brothers anyway! Well, properly. I can imagine they already know my face.” Chanyeol chuckles while slowly grabbing Baekhyun’s hand and intertwining it with his. Baekhyun doesn’t flinch.

 

“Did you just agree because of the ?”

 

Chanyeol looks down at him with a confused face. “What? Did you say something about ?”

 

Baekhyun stares at his face. He loves everything about his face. His eyes, lips, nose, even the tiny hairs. And of course his expressions, especially the one he has now. It’s a face he only makes for him. Baekhyun smiles and rests his head on Chanyeol’s chest. “Naw. I love you.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles. Baekhyun felt his rib vibrating and it felt nice. “Silly.” Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun’s hair. “I love you more.”

 

--

 

And as the circumstances has led him, Kai was the only one left who can be trusted enough to order food. They’d been in this establishment for an hour now and they hadn’t ordered anything. Luhan’s playing some poker game with Sehun’s friends. Yixing and Jongdae are both hogging the karaoke machine. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are…well, they’re doing things that will make single people hate them. Including himself. He sighed. His crush towards Baekhyun is so far away now. RIP my fragile heart.

 

“So, may I take your order?”

 

Kai turns around. He pauses at the familiar face. “Kyungsoo?”

 

“Oh, hey.”

 

“You work here too?” Kyungsoo nods. “How many jobs do you have?”

 

“I don’t have a lot of jobs. I just get fired a lot.”

 

Kai studies him. “Your hair…”

 

“Oh, I didn’t have time to fix it. I came in late tonight.” Kyungsoo answers simply. “So,” He looks around the establishment. “I see you brought your whole clique. Tonight a special night?”

 

Kai smiles. “It is now.”

 

Kyungsoo smiles back then he clears his throat. “So, your order?”

 

“Oh! Right, um, chicken.”

 

“…what kind of chicken? We have a lot of chickens here.”

 

“All of them. Double for each.” Kai said while holding up two fingers.

 

“Alright! Coming up!” Kyungsoo skips into the kitchen with the paper on his hand. Kai was again left alone. He looks around, doesn’t really know what to do since he’s a loner for the night. He then spotted an unattended guitar on top of the bar. He turns his head towards Chanyeol’s direction. “CHANYEOL!”

 

Chanyeol turns at the call. From his spot, he can see Kai pointing at a guitar. He looks back to the small guy wrapped around his arms. “Do you want to hear me play guitar?”

 

“If you know how to, you should’ve played that instead of those annoying drums.” Baekhyun mumbles in irritation.

 

“Hehe. It was a gift.”

 

Baekhyun sits up straight. “Fine. This place can use some music. I don’t think I’ll live another day hearing broken Korean and Chinese from the karaoke machine. It’s not romantic at all.” He pouts towards Chen and Yixing’s direction. He feels Chanyeol’s hand brush away from his hold between his fingers as the taller walks towards the mini stage set up at the corner. It seems like Kai has also found the owner of the guitar and had politely asked for permission to borrow it.

 

Yixing and Chen had no choice but to let go of the mic and sit down. The people were also eventually getting quiet after noticing Chanyeol and the rest of the waiters setting up the sound system. Why wouldn’t they? It’s Park Chanyeol. However, out of all the people who are anticipating him, Baekhyun was the most excited because truthfully he has never heard the taller play the guitar. It’s always that ty drum set which was also taking up half of the space of their living room. It’s an eyesore every morning Baekhyun sees it when he comes down from their room.  

 

He notices Yixing and Chen slowly making their way towards the table. They both sat on each of his side.

 

“Why don’t you sing with him?” Chen tells him with the most innocent intentions.

 

“When did I ever sing in front of this many people?”

 

“Oh come on B. You play the piano too.” Yixing adds immediately.

 

Chen gasps slightly. “You can play the piano?”

 

Baekhyun ignored them both. “Shut up. Shh.”

 

Chanyeol clears his throat into the microphone. He looked so handsome up there with his guitar and the light from above him. Baekhyun was astonished. He never had this image of Chanyeol in his head. He always sees him wearing suits and sometimes, in the normal days, nothing (coughs) so it was kind of new for him. He realized there are a lot of things he still doesn’t know about Chanyeol but somehow he likes that he doesn’t know everything about him because he loves him. He loves everything he sees and feels about him. The other things don’t matter at all.

 

Chanyeol flashed his big smile and chuckled. “Hey. Uh. Good evening. I’m Park Chanyeol. Or The Park Chanyeol, if you prefer it that way.” The crowd laughs. “I don’t really do this kind of stuff but since I’m with a very special person…screw it.” Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile.

 

Chanyeol starts strumming. The walls were filled with only his music.

 

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you shoulda, somehow, realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

 

Baekhyun can’t stop looking at him. He is falling too deep. Over and over again.

Back beat, the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now


Not knowing Chanyeol has felt the same way towards him a long, long time ago.

 

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how

 

This is really more than what Baekhyun had asked for. Does he really deserve all this? He feels as if he hasn’t received his retribution yet. From doing what, he’s not entirely sure, but he feels as if something’s going to take this away from him too, like what he’s been through wasn’t enough.


Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

 

But it doesn’t matter.

 

Not anymore.

 

Despite all their shortcomings and even though it felt like the world was against them, he was happy to have met Chanyeol. They may not have the perfect first meeting (because honestly, it was pretty ty) or the perfect confessions (was that even a confession?) but that’s how they know that they mean so much more to each other than how other people perceive. They are each other’s worlds now. They can feel it. And that’s good enough for them to go on.

 

Yixing likes the expression of Baekhyun’s face. “You really love him, don’t you?” Baekhyun doesn’t answer, being too engulfed with Chanyeol’s performance but he knows Yixing knows the answer. “So you do.”

 

This time I’ll protect you.

 

Amanda echoes in his mind. “Oh, I won’t have to. Because you’ll do it for me.”

 

I’ll protect you both.              

 


 

A/N:

A bit shorter that what I usually post and I did say I was gonna update on the 30th but I just had to post as a thank you for getting me featured.

/CRIES

Thank you, I love you guys.

Yes, of course, it's the calm before the storm.

Also, to let you know I am alive! I am just really busy with school. /CRIES AGAIN

Hohoho see u next update!

- gelie