An Annoying Argument

The Mystery of Love and Murder

Minho's POV

The next morning, Yoona came in at 10 o' clock into my office, with two cups of coffee and a box of donuts.

"Hey, I brought us breakfast," she told me cheerfully.

I rolled my eyes and said,"What? You don't think I know that I should eat breakfast?"

Yoona put the donuts and one of the coffee on the table, and took one cup of coffee and took a sip out of it. She then sat down in front of me, as if this was her office that she'd been using for a long time.

"Yeah, but considering that your a hard worker, you probably came here at about 8 AM this morning, and didn't eat breakfast, thinking that you'll get lunch early. I'm right,huh?" Yoona replied.

I just grabbed a chocolate sprinkled donut and took a bite out of it. After that, we just ate in silence, until we were done with our coffee and donuts.

I cleared my throat, and said,"Um, thanks. For breakfast, and you were right about what I was going to do."

Yoona waved my apology away and smiled. "No problem, boss."

I rolled my eyes again. "Whatever, Im. Just because I said thanks doesn't mean that I like working with you."

"Same here, Choi. Don't worry," she replied in calm tone.

I walked over to my desk and pulled out Krystal Jung's file. I then walked back to Yoona, who was playing with her phone.

"So today,I thought that we should schedule an appointment with Lee Jinki, or better know as Lee Onew. Then, we need to call F(x)'s manager, and schedule an appointment with those girls. Preferably separately," I told Yoona.

She looked up from her phone, then took the file out of my hands. "I'll call Lee Jinki. I think I'll be I able to explain why we need to interview him better. While I do that, you need to call F(x)'s manager. Is that good?" she asked.

I nodded. "Sure. Why not? You have his number from Jessica Jung, right?"

"Yup! Now be quiet 'cause I'm going to call him now," Yoona replied.

I went back to my desk to use the office phone to call Krystal Jung's group's manager. I dialed in the number and waited as for the manager named Kang Jong In (not real!!) to pick up the phone.

"Hello? This is Kang Jong In, F(x)'s manager. Who am I speaking to?" The person on the other line said as he answered.

"Hello, Mr. Kang. This is Detective Choi Minho, and I need to interview your girls for a murder case I received a couple of days ago," I answered him.

There was silence on the other line. "Who's murder are we exactly talking about here?" The man asked.

"I think you knows, Mr. Kang. As you have noticed, I'm sure, Krystal Jung, the maknae in F(x) has been missing for a few days. A couple of days ago, a young woman named Im Yoona has found Miss Krystal Jung's body in. Tree in her backyard. We need to interview your girls, in case they know something that can hel us solve this mystery," I answered Mr. Kang.

I heard himi gasp. "Kry-Krystal's dead?"

"Yes, and we need your help to solve this mystery. Now are one of your girls free tomorrow at 1:30 AM?" I asked him.

"Ye-yes," he replied, obviously still in shock. "Victoria, the leader is free tomorrow. Where do you guys giant to meet? I'll drop her off At the location.

"Drop her off at ******* ****** in Seoul. Thank you. That's all we needed. Please give us call when the other girls are ready. My partner and I want to interview them one at a time," I informed him.

After saying goodbye, I walked over to Yoona, who had just gotten off the phone with Lee Jinki.

"So how did that go?"  I asked her.

"It went fine. He was shocked, and I think the main reason that he is meeting with us is because he wants to understand what happened more clearly. I told him to meet us here, two days later at 3 PM," Yoona answered.

I nodded, satisfied. "Okay. We're interviewing F(x)'s leader, Victoria Song, tomorrow at 1:30 PM."

"Okay. That's great! Now what?" she asked.

"Nothing. You can go home and rest for the rest of the day. That's all we needed to do today. On the other hand, be prepared to listen carefully and watch Victoria Song's expressions tomorrow," I answered her question.

Yoona frowned. "That's no fun. Why don't we go to a park called Waterfall Hills? We can take a stroll and discuss the mystery, and learn more about each other. I mean how will we trust each other without even knowing each other's background?"

I shook my head. "No. We don't need to do that. I know all I need to know about you already. Besides I have some other things I need to clean up from my previous murder cases."

"No. We both know that you don't, Minho. I mean it's just a walk in the park and lunch. It's not even a date,so you don't need to be nervous about anything. Come on, Minho. Let's go visit the park!" Yoona tried to persuade me.

"No. I told you. I have work to do," I refused firmly.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

I sighed. I knew there was no way I could beat this hyperactive young woman, who acts like an elementary kid.

"If I go with you, will you shut up with the 'yes  and no' thing?" I asked, very annoyed.

Yoona nodded her head vigorously. "Yup! I promise... Well for now, anyways."

I grabbed my jacket and my phone and nodded toward the door. "Come on, then. Lets go to that stupid park."

Yoona smiled widely, and immediately grabbed her bag and skipped out the door. I sighed. I had a feeling this was going to be a long day.