The Body

The Mystery of Love and Murder

Yoona's POV

When I woke up, I had a strange urge to go outside into my backyard. I don't know why. Something inside of me kept telling me to go. Not knowing how to fight this urge, I just decided to change, then go outside.

It was a sunny day today. I took a deep breath and walked around the yard. I watered the rose bushes, the grass, and the trees. I stopped at the largest and oldest tree.

"There's that urge again," I mumbled.

I decided not to fight the strang urge, so I turned off the water and started to climb. The wasn't hard to climb because I always used to use this tree as my "climbing tree." As I got to the top, I started to see a figure of a young girl.

"Hello? Is anybody up there?" I asked.

There was no reply. I started to get a little creeped out, so I started to climb down the tree. When I got down, I got a horrible thought. I ran back inside the house to get my my phone, then quickly dialled '911'.

"Hello, how may I help you? Do you need a firefighter? Or maybe-"

I cut off the lady on the phone and stammered,"I-I n-need a det-detective! There's a body of a young girl in my backyard!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon, there were about 25 people in my backyard, but I was too freaked out to care. I mean are you suppose to stay calm when you just discovered that a dead girl was hidden in a tree in your backyard?

"Im Yoona?" a police officer asked.

"Yes, that's me," I replied quietly.

The officer nodded. "Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?"

I shook my head.

"Great. May we go inside your house and talk? It'll be much more quieter."

I nodded once again, and lead her into the kitchen in my house. We sat across from each other, both deadly silent. All I heard were the noises outside.

"Miss Im, I know it's not a godd time, but you're going to answer some questions for me, okay?" the officer said, breaking the silence.

"O-okay," I replied weakly.

The woman pulled out a voice recorder and pressed 'On'.

"So, Miss Im Yoona, how did you find the body?"

"I was climbing that tree because I had a strange urge to. I started to make out a young girl's figure, so I quickly climbed back down the tree, ran back into my room to get my phone, then immediately called you guys," I replied.

"Okay, and have you heard any strange noises the past few days?" she asked.

"I don't think so," I started to say. Then, I thought of something.

"On the day we had that thunderstorm, I remember hearing footsteps and something being dragged. I went and looked out my bedroom window, but there was no one there, so I thought I was just imagining it," I told her. I gasped. I felt the blood drain out of my face.

"That's when it happened, huh? Three days ago, in the middle of the night."

The officer gave me a weak smile. "We don't know that yet, Miss Im. Also, so far, I see no proof that it is your fault that you didn't discover it sooner."

I shook my head, and I'm pretty sure I looked like a psyco. "No, I should have gone outside and checked personally to see if anyone was there," I said, horrified of myself.

The woman shook her head.

"As I have said, you can't blame yourself. Please give me a call if you have any questions or think of anything else that might help us find out who did this. We might have to interrogate you again, but for now, your interrogation is complete."

She then stood up, and excused herself. I watched silently as she made her way back into my backyard.

"What is happening to my life?" I questioned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's the first chapter! What do you think? Please leave a comment below, and subscribe~