The Agreement

The Mystery of Love and Murder

Minho's POV

Today, a young girl was murdered. My boss put me in charge of her case. Right now, I'm waiting for the DNA reports to come in to see who the girl is. Then, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said.

Seohyun, one of the detectives, came in.

"I have the results of the DNA. The girl's name is Krystal Jung, and she is 16 years old," she told me.

"Why does that sound so familiar?" I thought out loud.

 "That's what I thought at first, so I did a little reasearch, and it turns out that she's Jessica Jung's sister. She was very famous here, in Korea, because of her debut stage. She is in a girl group from SM Entertainment called F(x)."

I nodded. That made her sister, Jessica Jung, my first suspect. Perhaps she was afraid that her younger sister might become more popular than her.

"What are Krystal Jung's group members' names?" I asked.

"Victoria, the leader, Luna, the main singer, Amber, the rapper, and Sulli, the face of F(x). Krystal was the maknae. I think you can add all of them, plus Jessica Jung to your list of suspects," Seohyun said.

I opened my mouth to say something, but she interrupted me by saying,"And Jessica is in California right now, but is due to arrive in Korea tomorrow morning at 9AM, so you should call her manager, or her today, to arrange an interrogation, before she has no time. Her number's in this folder, along with everything you should know, or need to know about Krystal Jung."

I gave Seohyun a smile. "Thank, Seohyun."

She returned the smile and said,"Anytime, Minho."

Seohyun was about to walk out the door, when she turned around and said,"Don't work too hard. You're not a robot."

She then walked out of my office and shut the door. I grabbed the folder that she gave me, and took out the first piece of paper. It was a picture of Krystal Jung.

Krystal had big, sparkling eyes, as if she saw a glimpse of something wonderful. She had a huge smile on her face. Krystal had long, black hair and a small nose. In other words, she was just like her sister: beautiful.

 

I looked through all of the papers and gathered information about her and her life. I then flipped to the page where Jessica Jung's phone number was. I grabbed the office phone, and dialed her number.

"Hello?" a voice said from the other line.

"Hello, are you Jessica Jung, sister of Krystal Jung?"

"Yes, I am. May I know who you are?" she asked.

"Miss Jung, I'm detective Minho Choi. I need to talk to you as soon as possible. Are you free tomorrow afternoon?" I replied.

"Can I know the reason first?" Jessica asked.

"I can't tell you that yet, but it has something to do with your sister. Are you free tomorrow?" I asked again.

Jessica hesitated before saying anything. "I-I guess, but we have to go somewhere people can't go into, 'cause then we won't be able to talk because of the mob."

"That's fine. Just come to 2543 Jinpyo St., Seoul, then tell the front desk who you are, and they'll send you to where I'll be," I told the young woman.

"Alright, but I can only go at 2PM because I have a schedule after I arrive, and at 3PM. Oh, and please excuse me if I'm late, because my manager won't let me go to places that I don't know why I have to go to," Jessica Jung said.

"Okay, Miss Jung. I'll see you tomorrow," I said throught the phone before putting it back.

Right after I hung up, the intercom buzzed, and Seohyun's voice blared through my office.

"Minho, there's a young lady here named Im Yoon who claims she can help you with your case."

I sighed and said,"Send her in."

Two minutes later, a young woman came into my office. She had long dark brown hair and big doe-like eyes. The woman was pretty tall for a girl.

"My name's Im Yoona, and I'm the one that found the girl's body," she introduced herself.

I beckoned her to sit down. "Minho Choi. Now, how can you help me solve this mystery?"

Yoona cleared and said,"I can help you, by working with you. I feel really guilty that I didn't find her sooner."

"You would only say that if you were the one that killed Krystal Jung, the girl who died, and is feeling guilty that you killed her and that you didn't turn yourself in," I replied back.

I saw fire flash in her eyes. "If I killed her, why would I risk everythingI have just to pretend that I'm helping you? You're a good detective. Think. Do you really think a murderer would just come to you and aske to help you, when the criminal would obviously get caught?"

I chuckled. "Even so, do you think I would let some like you, who has no experience, assist me?"

"Why?" she asked. "Because you obviously need to question some girls, and you wouldn't even understand half of what they're saying," shot back Yoona.

"How did you know that?" I asked suspiciously.

Yoona laughed bitterly and said,"What, did you think I was all just talk? I did some research before coming here."

Should I allow her? Or should I reject her? I thought to myself. As my mind argued back and forth, Im Yoona just sat there calmly, awaiting my decision.

"I'll let you come tomorrow afternoon, when I'm interrogating Jessica Jung. Afterward, I'll see what you think, and compare it to what I think. If I like the way you think, then you can work with me," I decided.

Yoona nodded. "Fair enough. I'll be here by 1:30PM. For now, goodbye."

She got up, and headed toward the door. When I was sure she waas gone, I took my voice recorder from my hands, which were under my table, and pressed 'stop'.

I chuckled bitterly and mumbled to myself,"Let's see what happens tomorrow, Im Yoona. You're still on my 'Suspects List.'"

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, guys! So the second chapter is up! I hope you guys like it! I just want to thank you all for reading, especially those who subscribed and commented! I wasn't sure you guys would like this story, but I was so glad that I got such a warm acception, so thanks!

I hope you guys continue to comment and tell me what you guys think~