Avoid and Reject

Finding you.

Nearly a whole week had passed since Jung Ah visited and slept over. And since then, the snow had slowed down and was melting away into spring. 

Kai was trying to be productive like Jung Ah advised him to; he went to hang out with SHINee once. Luhan and Tao had came to visit Kai since EXO M had free time as well, but the rest of the members (and I quote from Tao) were being lazy cows and just wanted to stay at the dorm all day eating noodles. 

Luhan and Tao were being sociable and were being nice to their friends in Korea, said Tao. But everybody knew the real reason why he wanted to come to Korea. He wanted to buy the new Gucci bag. 

"Gucci items in China are fake! Everything in China is fake!" Kai recalled Tao say to him when they first met as trainees. 

But of course, Kai ddin.t speak of Jung Ah coming over. Especially to Luhan and Tao; they cannot keep secrets. Tao's a blabbermouth and Luah just can't keep secrets altogether. But Tao and Luhan had went back to China already and Kai was by himself again...

Kai sighed in relief as he arrived back to the apartment, he swung the door open and warmth just spread throughout his whole body. He kicked the door shut behind him and took of his coat, hanging it up on the coat rack. He took of his shoes and slipped into his comfortable 'grandpa' slippers (as the other EXO members like to call them). 

He staggered over to the living room and plopped himself down onto the sofa. He hesitated to put his feet up on the coffee table as when he usually did, Kyungsoo would nag at him for doing so. But Kyungsoo wasn't there...

Kai let out an "Ahh~" as he stretched his legs onto the coffee table. "I'm exhausted!" He yawned, stretching out his arms as well. 

Kai had just came back from the airport to see Luhan and Tao depart. Which shouldn;t be that tiring seeing as the airport was in Seoul. And they didn't even bump into fangirls. The trip to the airport was pretty perfect to be honest. They were right on time as well, so they didn't have to wait long for the flight. 

Kai being exhausted was puzzling and was hard to find a reason behind it. Even Kai, himself, was having difficulty finding a reason why he was so tired. Kai yawned again. 

Maybe it wasn't about being tired 'physically'? Maybe Kai was feeling 'mentally tired'? Hm?

Yes. Kai was feeling uncomfortable about Jung Ah. About if she'd forgotten to call him, or- "Wait." Kai said to himself. "I'm being clingy on a girl who's not interested." He said. "I need to keep my cool," he folded his arms tightly and laid back into the couch. "But it's not like she doesn't have any interest in me..." He muttered quietly afterwards. 

But Kai was feeling rather uncomfortable about her brother mostly, Kai felt suspicious of him. The atmosphere just wasn't right. In Kai's eyes, her brother didn't exactly seem like the brotherly type. Well, who knows? Kai hadn't even properly introduced himself, he didn't even get a good look at Jung Ah's brother since he was all demanding and rushy (if that's even a word).

It was then when Kai was sitting by himself thinking about Jung Ah when his phone rang. He picked it up and saw the screen, *An unfamiliar phone number?* He thought and answered it anyway. 

"Hello?" He greeted the unknown caller.

"Hello, Jong In- sshi!" The caller said happily, "It's Jung Ah!" A smile seeped onto Kai's face.

"Hi, Jung Ah!" Kai said, his mood was heightened. "Is this your new number?" He asked.

"No. This is, ur, my brother's.. Daejung's. The guy from the other day." Jung Ah answered. 

*Hm, his name is Daejung.* Kai thought, "Oh. Should I save this number?" He asked. 

"No! No!" Jung Ah said abruptly. Kai chuckled nervously before stuttering a why. "...because I'm not usually allowed to use his phone because my friends will end up calling this phone all the time and then Daejung will get annoyed..." She explained. "But now is an exception." 

Kai let out a smile, "So," he began. "Are you at home now?" 

"Yup!" Jung Ah sounded happy. 

"How'd your dad react?" Kai laughed. 

"Urm.." Jung Ah went, "Not so well." She then said sadly. She sighed, "..but he said at least I'm safe. Or something like that." 

"Hmph." Kai went randomly. He heard his voice echo on the phone. "Am I on loud speaker?" He asked, he could hear the surroundings of Jung Ah's home. 

"Uh-huh." Jung Ah said. 

Kai heard a door open, "Jung Ah?" A new person entered the room and said. Kai recognised the voice, it was Daejung, Jung Ah's brother. "Who are you speaking with?" Daejung asked. 

"I told you, I was speaking to a friend." Kai heard Jung Ah reply.

"Hello~" Kai randomly joined in, so that Daejung could hear. He did that foolishly. Oh, how he regretted it so much afterwards.

"It's a guy?" Daejung asked, his voice loudened. Jung Ah mumbled a quiet yes. He sighed exasperatingly, "First you running away, and now this?!" Daejung yelled angrily. Kai gulped at the argument he had started. 

"For the last time I wasn't running away!" Jung Ah said without thinking. 

"Did you just talk back at me?" Daejung snapped sternly.

"NO!" Jung Ah screamed back, "I was just making a point!" Her eyes widened after she realised what she just did. She gulped. The last thing Kai heard was a breathy 'Oh, God' from Jung Ah with yelling in the background before the phone call ended. 

Kai sat in silence for a while in confusion. *W-What just happened...?* He asked himself. He breathed slowly, taking his feet off the coffee table and putting them on the couch instead so he could fold his legs as well as folding his legs. *Jung Ah's brother sure is protective.* Kai frowned slightly, *Way too protective.* He thought.

"..does this mean I can't speak to Jung Ah anymore?" He realised and moaned. "This is my fault." He buried his face with his hands in shame.

"Wait," he stopped himself thinking. "I shouldn't be worrying about anything." He said to myself." He said to himself, "I need to relax because I need this break. After this, it'll be back to constant work and waking up at 5am." He sighed. Oh, how much he was dreading the end of his holiday and going back to work. 

"Relax..." he told himself, "Relax.." He took a deep breath in and out. He gulped, "No. No more thinking about Jung Ah." He decided. "OK." He took his phone and switched it off. 

He sighed as the phone vibrated and turned off, he threw it aside. He had guilt in his heart for doing that, but he needed to do this. He couldn't have a girl in his way. Everything was different now; he was an idol. 

If anybody knew he had a 'girl' friend, wait, let's rephrase that- a friend that's a girl, that wasn't an idol either, then the rumours would spread like wildfire. Plus, EXO's manager was afraid that this would happen and banned any kind of romance from both EXO M and K. 

Kai couldn't get attached to this girl in any way. He was trying his absolute best not to, but somehow it's not working. He just keeps falling for her. So he decided to avoid calls from her and he switched off his phone for a few days.

He never thought it would cause anything. Especially anything serious

Was he going to regret switching off his phone on Jung Ah or what? Hah. He has no idea how much he will. 

 

 


 

A/N: Hehe, sorry, short chapter~ I just don't want to give all the story away in one chapter. The story plot is so short haha, I want to make it longer somehow:/ well anyway, hope you enjoyed the updates~ ^^