█ chapter O7 – call my name!

★ Super Junior Hello Baby! ★

 

chapter O7 – call my name!

 

████████████████████████████

 

=== KYUHYUN'S P.O.V ===

 

Here we are, filming the second episode of Hello Baby. I've decided to put more energy into this episode since Teukie hyung told me that I barely said anything last time. Entering the same mansion-like house one by one, the twelve of us discovered baby Minkyung drinking a juice box on the leather sofa whilst watching a Spongebob Squarepants on TV.

 

MINKYUNG~ MY BABY!” Henry called out in English, running towards the surprised boy with open arms. The blue eyed child continued to slurp the apple-flavoured liquid from his juice box, doing a small wave with his free hand, then returning his gaze to the TV. The other 10 guys and myself made ourselves at home and sat around Minkyung. Man, how wishful a female fan would be to sit in Minkyung's place. I noticed a necklace around his neck that held a paper and approached him to figure out what it said.

 

Lips curving into a soft smile, my tall figure blocked Minkyung's view to the TV. “Hello Minkyung.” He stared at me wide-eyed, giving me the impatient 'hello, can I help you?' look. Aw man, I feel like a such a creep. Crouching down to his height level, I read the card aloud as Hae put his finger to his mouth, indicating for the others to be quiet.

 

Today's mission – teach Minkyung your names!” I tried my best to make it sound very enthusiastic, but wow, total failure on my part. Teukie hyung announces way better than I do, that's for sure. Zhou Mi and Siwon hyungs caught notice of this and chuckled in the background. Yah! You guys think you can do better?

 

No one was really surprised since the PD told us about the mission last week. However, I did see Shindong hyung beaming a confident smile from his seat. Minkyung, unaware of the situation, shook his juice box up and down in hope to find more to drink. Ah, this innocent child.

 

Minkyung-ah... we're going to be teaching your our names today, alright?” Yesung turned around from his seat on the ground to face Minkyung, clasping the little boy's hands while he gave instructions. Minkyung gave a simple, “Mmm,” reply then reverted back to the TV. Eunhyuk and Henry, who were seated on the sides of Minkyung on the couch, also put their attention to the TV screen. Uh oh, he doesn't seem to interested in this activity. This... might be a little difficult.

 

Yah... don't you think Minkyung's a bit of a tongue biter? Let's give him a nickname first.” Donghae suggested. Yes~ this is my chance to show the world my already existent super brain!

 

Ducky. I now proclaim Minkyung's nickname to be Ducky.” I stated with complete confidence as I watched Minkyung waddle his way to throw out his juice box in the garbage can. Some of the members were taken aback by my sudden... outburst. Why are they surprised? They've been with me for five years, yet they don't even recognize how much of a genius I am? Aish, these people. I rolled my eyes in response to all the you-proclaim?-who-do-you-think-you-are?! looks.

 

Aha! That's good! That's good!” Ryeowook shot back before continuing. “Ducky! Come over here for a moment.” Being his obedient self, Minkyung calmly walked over to Ryeowook, tilted his head to the right, and blinked in curiosity.

 

Minkyung-ah... I mean, Ducky. Aigo, I actually prefer to call him Minkyung. But anyways! Do you know our names?” Sungmin hyung asked, pointing to Ryeowook, Yesung, and himself.

 

Y-yeah. It's Sungmin appa, Yesung appa, and... Ryeo-ryeowook appa, right?” Minkyung said softly, pointing to each person as he said their names. “Oh, and I kn-know this appa, too. H-hello Donghae appa!!!” This little duck smiled, revealing his teeth, when he yelled Hae's name. His eyes formed to little crescents as he shifted over to where Donghae was seated.

 

Oh, this boy! Bobo? (kiss)” Hae pleaded while he gently squeezed Minkyung's chubby cheeks. Donghae then tapped his cheek expectantly and Minkyung pecked his cheek, making a “mwah~!” sound as he did so. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious... but I wouldn't say I was as envious as Siwon hyung. He was forcing out a smile, wishing he was in Hae's place.

 

I guess that means that we don't have to use our methods to teach Minkyung our names, right?” Ryeowook asked to clarify. When Heechul hyung nodded, he and the other three smiled in relief to not have to go through all the trouble.

 

Since no one is going first, I'll begin.” Heechul stood up from his seat on the leather couch and went out of the family room. He returned with a photo album and handed it over to Minkyung, who appeared excited. Oh man, this will be good.

 

Chullie bit his lip – I'm guessing he's probably a little worried to how Ducky will react. From my observations, he's also doing better than last time and isn't completely shutting Minkyung out. Thank goodness for that.

 

Minkyung stopped skimming through the pages of the album when he came upon a photo of Heechul with his long hair. Pointing his index finger on the photo and furrowing his brow, Minkyung asked the most hilarious question. Ever.

 

Appa... w-who is this ahjumma (auntie)?”

 

Someone just got dissed by a four year old. Feeling humiliated in the sea of sneers and laughs, Heechul snatched his photo album defensively and stood up from the floor. “Minkyung-ah.” Heechul called out, smiling a little because of the reaction of everyone else. Ducky put his elbows on the centre table and pressed his hands against his cheeks as he tilted his head and let out an uninterested, “Hm?” I literally laughed out loud at that. He's definitely playing with hyung. Ah, this boy is amazing.

 

That ahjumma was me, Heechul. Kim Heechul. And it's Heechul appa for you, so remember it.” Said the humiliated cinderella, putting some emphasis on the word 'ahjumma'. Heechul hyung loves smart children like our little duck. I'm sure he grew a liking to him after that.

 

Well, I'm next.” Henry said, standing up and walking towards Minkyung. He let out his right hand and in English, he said, “Hello, I'm Henry Lau.”

 

Yah, how is a four year old Korean-Russian child supposed to understand English?! Better yet, Minkyung's not someone you're doing business with. So why would you...?” I yelled in a random but sudden outburst, surprising all those around me. I shook my head in disbelief. However, to my surprise, Minkyung shook the hand Henry let out.

 

H-harro Renry-appa!” Minkyung replied in... Engrish? Aww, isn't that just adorable. He pulled Henry into a hug and the maknae played a smug smile on his face. Ah, whatever. My idea to teach him my name is twice as good.

 

This time, Eunhyuk tapped Minkyung on the shoulder. Wearing a hopeful smile, he asked, “Remember me? What's my name?” Minkyung giggled, clutching onto his stomach, as he did so. We all held amused expressions on our faces and a soft, “Oh!” was heard amongst the chuckles when the boy fell to his knees. Hyukkie felt reassured at the laugh as he sighed in relief.

 

Silly boy! Y-you're Luffy appa!” Eunhyuk's jaw dropped for the second time on Hello Baby. He was absolutely mortified. Zhou Mi, who was seated next to me, shook his head from side to side and looked at the monkey with pity. It seems as if he'll forever be known as Luffy.

 

I'm Eunhyuk! Eunhyuk appa!” The monkey reminded, in a panic for a reason I don't quite know. Noticing Zhou Mi's action, Minkyung copied him and gave poor Hyukkie a dry look, motioning an 'Go! Shoo! Away with you!' action as if he was trying to get an insect away from him. It's official. I love this child to bits, seriously.

 

Poor guy.” Siwon hyung muttered. I second that. Meanwhile, when the members were comforting Eunhyuk, Leeteuk hyung called the blue eyed boy over to him and took out a pack of bubble gum. He then whispered something into Minkyung's ear, handed the candy to the boy, then patted our ducky's head as he ordered him to waddle away from him.

 

Um! I... a-also kn-know Teukie appa.” Minkyung announced, capturing everyone's attention when he loudly said those words. Leeteuk hyung smiled proudly in an 'in-your-face' manner. Before I was going to step in and tell the others about our leader's bribery, Siwon hyung acted before me.

 

I totally saw you bribing him.” Siwon sneered, smirking and moving his right index finger left to right in a don't-think-I-didn't-see-you fashion. Teukie froze in his spot and now patted Minkyung's head awkwardly. “Of all people... I would've never guessed you'd expose Minkyung to such things. Hyung, I am disappointed in you. Very disappointed.” I gave a high-five to our holy boy and then stood up to prepare for my turn to teach Minkyung my name.

 

Re-entering the family room filled with men fighting over a toddler's attention, people trying to peacefully watch Spongebob Squarepants on TV, and people comforting the humiliated ones, I walked towards Minkyung with an excited smile.

 

 “Minkyung-ah~ I'm Eunhyuk appa. And Kyu, you look like a creep.” Eunhyuk, who popped out of nowhere, shared. Alright then.

 

Patting Hyukjae's shoulder with pity, Sungmin defended, “You already had your turn... And our Kyu isn't THAT creepy.” Uhm... thanks? Sheesh, I don't know if I should be insulted or what not but never mind. I wonder if Minnie realizes that what he just did would make a Kyumin shipper die of happiness. I really wonder.

Sitting down and crossing my legs on the floor, I pulled out a plush version of myself. Being a gift from one of my fans, this plush version had me styled to how I appeared during the Perfection promotions of SJ-M. “Little one, this is a plush version of me, Kyuhyun appa. All you need to do is pull the string at the back to experience it's awesome-ness.” I instructed, pulling the string for our ducky to see. When it was pulled, a voice recording of me saying, “Kyuhyun-imnida (I'm Kyuhyun)” was heard. Earning respected nods for my cleverness, I handed Minkyung, who was enchanted by the object, the plush doll and suavely returned to my seat on the leather couch. See? That's how it's done.

 

I nudged Siwon hyung, encouraging him to go next. But our holy man was already in action – he was harvesting Minkyung's soul with deep eye contact. As if lost in our ducky's mystical blue eyes, I had to nudge hyung a couple of times to get his attention.

 

Well, I heard Minkyung liked strawberry flavoured things... so I bought him strawberry milk because it's good for your bones.” The gentleman, who shortly exited the room to get the strawberry milk waiting in the refrigerator, then handed the cold refreshment to our son as he smiled shyly.

 

Oh, the irony.” I announced nice and loud. From the way I see it, Siwon's kind of using bribery as well. The other members, especially Chullie hyung, erupted in a short-lived laughter. I totally deserve a pat on the back for my witty remarks this episode.

 

I caught Minnie and Hae catching glimpses of Soomi-sshi who was quietly watching in the background. She was smiling at the thoughtful idea our Siwonnie had for her child. There goes some brownie points for him.

 

I did hear that she's now a single mother and from my speculations, I can see that some of the guys already have a sort of liking towards her. But what's so special about her? Seriously, my parents wouldn't be happy if I brought home a girl that already had a kid at a young age. Besides, she's not my type at all. I prefer the feminine, pure, soft-hearted but mature kind of girl. Just what do they see in her is what I want to know.

 

T-thank you, K-kyuhyun appa, Siwon appa.” Minkyung said, playing with his small fingers. I smiled sincerely at his sweetness and fixed the collar of his polo shirt. Siwon hyung also pursed his lips into a happy smile, revealing his laugh lines, but remained where he was seated.

 

Popping in front of Minkyung, our monkey once again said, “I'm Eunhyuk appa.” Afterwards, he ran back to his seat on the couch so it wouldn't be taken. The efforts this guy makes... He deserves a cookie.

 

Okay, it's only you and Zhou Mi left. Who's willing to go first?” Leeteuk hyung announced, pointing towards Shindong and our Chinese member as he said their names.

 

Zhou Mi will go. It's good to save the best for last.” Shindong answered before the other. And being the older member, Zhou Mi couldn't say no. This guy took a rather... different approach to teaching his name compared to the rest of us.

 

Standing up from his spot beside me on the couch, he went to the main hall way to grab his prop. Sungmin slid onto Zhou Mi's former seat, giving a friendly hello before making himself comfortable. I think it's safe to say that once Kyumin fans see this episode, they will go berserk. Hurray for more fanfics~

 

Zhou Mi marched back into the room... with a life-sized cardboard cut out of himself? That's very... unique and he definitely succeeded in grabbing Minkyung's attention. That boy was entranced at the tall 2D cutout of Zhou Mi that wore his stage clothes for Super Girl.

 

Whenever you see long legs, think of Zhou Mi appa, alright?” The Chinese giant told the younger toddler as he pointed to his own legs on the cut out. After receiving a nod from Ducky, he put the 2D version of him away. Henry furrowed his brows and gave an odd glance to Zhou Mi.

 

So basically, you brought a cut out just fo-- ah, forget it. I fail to comprehend your... logic.” Henry said, giving a look of disbelief to the other Chinese member. Did I mention that he was a bit of an eco-maniac? Waste paper and you'll have to face his fury. And trust me, you DO NOT want to anger this Canadian chipmunk. He's quite vicious.

 

Before we knew it, Shindong hyung was excitedly standing in front of the TV monitor, the DVD player switched on. I have a bad feeling about this, but I was also really curious to see what he had prepared.

 

Last episode, I saw Minkyung wearing Spongebob Squarepants socks. So assuming that he likes the TV show, I worked especially hard to make this DVD just for today. Please do anticipate.” Hyung announced, pressing the play button on the DVD remote.

 

My anticipated smile slowly dissolved into a disgusted look. The video was a Shindong version of the infamous Spongebob Squarepants opening theme. But instead of seeing Spongebob's face, you saw a face cut out of Shindong. Also different but following the rhythm of the original song was the lyrics, that went like this:

 

Who is the best appa in the whole wide world? (Shindong! Shindong!)

Who will love you and help you for all that you do! (Shindong! Shindong!)

His name is eight letters and not hard to forget. (Shindong! Shindong!)
So say this man's name with much pride and loudness! (Shindong! Shindong!)

Shindong~ Shindong~

Shindong~ Shindong~

Shindongie, Shindong~

Shindong... SHINDONG~!!

 

After the video finished, Minkyung and Shindong were absolutely ecstatic, and a broad smile shone off Minkyung's face.

 

A-appa... T-THAT WAS SOOO AWESOME!!!” Yelled Minkyung, who leaped into Shindong's arms. Meanwhile, everyone else was giving Shindong hyung the weirdest looks ever. In all of my life, never have I ever seen something so... ugh, I can't even describe it. I don't even know how to react. First of all, seeing Shindong's face instead of Spongebob's will eternally haunt me. Second, you spent so much effort for THAT? And lastly, the lyrics are extremely corny. 'Who will love you and help you for all that you do'? No. Just no.

 

Wookie, who sat next to Shindong, scooted as far away as possible from the happy duo. Catching my eye, Wookie mouthed: I don't know him! Zhou Mi's head was faced down and Teukie and Chullie hyung were asking if each other if what they just witnessed was for real.

 

Hyukkie, being the kind man he is, clapped disappointingly after the video, and Henry was all like 'end-my-life-now' half-way through the video. Yesung hyung was in a trance, Donghae covered his eyes and looked to the ground along with Zhou Mi, Siwon hyung wore the 'ew-what-is-this' look, and Minnie pretended he saw nothing. 

 

Everyone's reactions were priceless, that video was a nightmare, and I will never see Spongebob as himself again. Enough said.

 

Now that everyone besides those Minkyung already knew displayed their teaching method, it was now time to see the results. All 12 of us lined up side by side and Minkyung was instructed to name all of us. “Kyuhyun appa, Henry appa, Zhou Mi appa, Siwon appa, Ryeowook appa, Donghae appa, Hee... Heechul appa, Luffy appa, Teukie appa, Yesung appa, Sungmin appa, and Shindong appa!!” Minkyung hugged Shindong's legs after saying his name, leaving one member feeling... unloved.

 

I think it's safe to say that Shindong's the best appa for the episode and Hyukkie... you're the worst. Better luck next time, hyung.” Leeteuk said, giving Eunhyuk a pat on the back.

 

CUT! That's a wrap. Great job, everyone. The questionnaire process isn't needed for this episode so you can all go grab some refreshments in the kitchen like last time.” Announced the director. Man, thank goodness we're finished. I'm extremely thirsty.

 

The other eleven guys, Minkyung and I made our way to the kitchen. Expecting a pleasant atmosphere, we were all struck with something else. Something we least expected. One of our co-ordi dongsaengs was trapped against the wall by Soomi-sshi's arms. Minkyung's mom shot an ice cold glare of despise towards the co-ordi dongsaeng, then smirked ever so slightly.

 

Found you.” She hissed.

 

████████████████████████████
 

author notes.
 

I'm the worst updater, I know ;__; I'm sorry for not updating in like, a month. But thanks to all my subscribers who stayed with me *huddles* I don't own any of the GIFs, just so you know. Hope you enjoyed this update, I had fun writing it ^^ AND HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY TO KYUHYUN FOR BEING IN SUPER JUNIOR! :D


I'm uber pumped for SJ's Japan debut :] Show your support for them and vote!


Vote for SJ, SORRY SORRY! http://kids.daum.net/kids/do/fun/vote/poll/view?type=PLAY&id=2941&minIdx=545&maxIdx=755&cntPerPage=10&srchType;&srchText;&userId

Vote for SJ-M! http://sports.chosun.com/enter/ranking/main+.htm

Vote for Yesung! http://kids.daum.net/kids/do/fun/vote/poll/view?type=PLAY&id=2969&minIdx=569&maxIdx=2969&cntPerPage=10&srchType&srchText&user_blank

EDIT: Thanks for the comments, everyone >w< Taking some of your feelings into consideration, I decided to move the gifs to the bottom section so that, as MusicChibi said, it won't ruin the flow :)

Creeper Kyu

      

SuJu reactions

listening to: Fiction by B2ST
☆ eating: m&m's Premiums Dark Chocolate candy
☆ playing: Starry Sky ~ In Summer

 

may 23, 2O11 ★ o r a n g e z z a n g __ !