█ chapter O3 – meeting minkyung

★ Super Junior Hello Baby! ★

 

chapter O3 – meeting minkyung

chapter track – listen... to you by cho kyuhyun (super junior)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqa0SifQhxA&feature=related

 

████████████████████████████

 

=== EUNHYUK'S P.O.V ===

A girl with long, straight caramel brown hair entered the family room with the baby's hand in hers. Her lips were pursed into a relatively small smile, her eyes seemed relaxed and truthfully, the girl's fashion sense was different from what I expected a mother to wear (if that's who she really is). She wore blue light-washed skinny jeans, a black tank top with a red tank top underneath and a white cardigan on top so she wouldn't be revealing much skin. I personally think her clothing style is nice, but that's just my taste. Holding tightly to her left hand and her leg was the baby; his face well hidden behind the girl's leg.

Hi there,” the girl spoke in a gentle manner and then paused, glancing quickly at all of our faces before she continued. “I'm Han Soomi, Minkyung's mother, and this behind me is Han Minkyung.” She gently pushed the boy so that we could see his face, however the baby ran back to where he was and hid shyly behind the girl, taking little peaks at us. “He's turning four years old this year in international age and was born on August 28th, 2008,” she added.
 

My eyes widened and the others did the same. Woah, woah, woah. Hold up! SHE'S the mother?! No way! She looks so... young. Anyways, her voice had this friendly tone to it and she had our full attention when she spoke because her voice was a little on the strong side. I tried to have a view of the boy's face, but I guess he's a little shy. Seems like we already have something in common.

Soo-umma... who are these people?” A cute little voice quacked from behind her. Teukie, Ryeowook, and Sungmin melted at those five words. Aigo, they haven't even seen the boy's face yet!

She crouched down so that she was on eye level with the brown haired toddler and then cupped his cheeks, whispering to him in a soft, soothing voice just loud enough for all of us to hear. 
 

Shh... Minkyung, it's okay. Please, introduce yourself to them. They're going to be your new appas! Don't worry. They're all very nice people!” Her voice was very animated and cute – she even did some hand motions at the same time. I felt so relaxed when I heard her voice (well, the voice she used to speak to Minkyung), which is kind of a weird thing to say, but I admit it. Soomi-sshi's character in front of the child contrasted greatly with her appearance, that's for sure. Minkyung nodded and smiled brightly at his mom then faced us.
 

H-h-hello! I-I'm Mi-Minkyung.” The baby tried his best to speak but stuttered along the way. OMO, he's adorable! Without thought, my hyungs and I erupted in “awww's”. I know I'm not exactly a child loving person, but Minkyung was exceptionally cute. He was wearing a simple white T-shirt with a flower pot on it and pastel purple coloured pants. The boy lips formed a cute closed smile and his soft chubby cheeks revealed themselves. Minkyung's eyes were his best feature in my opinion. They were round like shiny marbles and his orbs were coloured a rich, azure blue.

Yesung stood up and walked towards Minkyung, wearing a warm smile. I thought Yesung didn't like kids! Did he really just change his opinion of them right now? He took a closer look at Minkyung's eyes and Kyuhyun followed his steps. “Omo, is he wearing blue contacts?” Yesung asked curiously. 
 

Kyu slapped his head playfully. “Idiot, of course not! It's bad for babies!” Minkyung's mother glared at EmbarrasedKyu. Bad move, maknae! Bad, bad move! If Minkyung starts saying idiot, you're definitely going to take ALL the blame!

Yah, watch your language!” Teukie hyung scolded. Minkyung's eyes formed crescents and he giggled, revealing his baby teeth. His laugh was so contagious, I ended up laughing too.

Aigo, you're so cute!” Sungmin approached Minkyung and gently pinched his cheeks. Ryeowook started doing peek-a-boo with Minkyung and Donghae started to tickle Minkyung. All the baby lovers (Sungmin, Henry, Ryeowook, Siwon, Shindong, Donghae, and Leeteuk) were all crowded around Minkyung, fighting over his attention. Minkyung just stood there and giggled... until his eyes came in contact with mine. I smiled my famous gummy smile awkwardly as Minkyung approached.

LUFFY!! LUFFY! Soo-umma! Look, it's Luffy!!” Minkyung pointed at me and smiled hysterically, looking back and forth between Soomi-sshi and me. I wore a puzzled look on my face. Luffy? Who the heck is Luffy? WAIT. Could it be that...?

Um, Minkyung's referring to Luffy from the Japanese anime, One Piece.” Soomi-sshi announced briefly to avoid further confusion. Some of the members released oh's and some looked around, trying to act as if they knew what One Piece was. Omo, how could they not know the greatest anime ever made?!

I flashed my gummy smile once more, this time without discomfort, and then lifted Minkyung off his feet. “Minkyung-ah! We're going to get along very, very well!” I spun Minkyung around in circles then placed him comfortably in my arms. He cupped my face and kissed my nose, blinking cutely at me afterwards.

Hey, share him! He's our baby, not just yours!” Shindong snatched Minkyung gently from my arms and sat down back on the leather couch beside Heechul and Zhou Mi. Wow. Thanks for ruining our moment.

Hello Minkyung! I'm Shindong~! Call me Dongy appa, okay?” Shindong swayed Minkyung's soft, baby hands with his. Minkyung, however, scrunched his brows and crawled over to Zhou Mi's lap. Bahaha, Shindong just got REJECTED! Teukie hyung and Siwon laughed loudly for a couple of seconds to make Shindong feel even worse; their little scheme worked and Shindong frowned. Yeah, yeah, that was kind of mean. But we're brothers. He knows we're just playing around.

A-appa! What's you-you're n-name?” Minkyung blinked curiously and Zhou Mi hesitated, wearing an overwhelmed expression. Mimi looked over to Sungmin and gave a please-help-me-right-now look, but Sungmin shook his head.

Z-z-zh-zho-zhou Mi.” He nudged Shindong to hurry and grab Minkyung, but he was still frowning bitterly. We all roared with laughter, Heechul even joined us. Zhou Mi was stuttering more than Minkyung! Oh man, thank goodness this was being caught on camera. Not one of us has seen Mimi like this before but we all knew was that he wasn't good with kids.

Huh?” Minkyung tilted his head to the right and scratched his head. Is this kid a model or something? It's like he knows all the cutest poses ever created and shows them 200 times cuter! The toddler laughed and hugged Zhou Mi, putting his arms around his neck. “Y-y-you're now Mimi appa, okay?” Zhou Mi nodded in reply and Minkyung hopped over to Heechul's lap now, ignoring Shindong as he passed him.

Heechul stared deep into Minkyung's blue eyes and Minkyung did the same. Is it just me, or were those two having some kind of staring contest? “Hi. I'm Kim Heechul.” Heechul introduced himself dryly, awkwardly patted Minkyung's head, then picked him up and dropped him off at Siwon hyung. Aigo, how can you just let go of the attention Minkyung gave you?!

Afterwards, Siwon hyung carried Minkyung around as he introduced each member. He seemed sort of interested at first, but got bored about half-way through the introductions. But that didn't matter to me; Minkyung called me Luffy-appa! I didn't mind that name since I love One Piece as well. 
 

Minkyung-ah! Do you like your new appas?” Henry asked the boy in a supposedly cute voice. Ewww! Please Henry, never do that again! You sounded like a mouse that just got stepped on. We all gave Minkyung our full attention and looked at him with anticipation written all over our eyes.

I-I-I l-like them th-this much!” Minkyung spread his arms apart as far as he could and spun around. All of us, minus Zhou Mi and Heechul, grinned from ear to ear after hearing Minkyung's comment.
 

CUT!” The director shouted. “Great work, everyone! There's some refreshments the staff prepared in the kitchen so feel free to grab something. We'd like Donghae, Heechul, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk to stay for a bit as we have some questions we have to ask you four.”

The four of us nodded and stayed behind as instructed. Minkyung ran over to his mom, who I STILL can't believe is his mother, and she asked if he wanted something to drink. I saw Minkyung shake his head from side to side, saying that he wanted to stay and watch me and the other three. Hehe, my hyungs must be jealous. I think I'm Minkyung's favourite!

Alright, this won't take very long. Please answer the question written on the white board we hold up with all your honesty,” the director announced. Hae was up first and Heechul was up second. They both had the same question: How did you react when you heard you're going to be on Hello Baby?

Fishy replied in a slow, yet steady voice. “I was very happy. I've always wanted to become a father like my dad and I think being on this show will teach me a lot about parenting.”
 

On the other hand, Heechul's answer was the opposite of what Hae said. “I was very shocked, surprised, and truthfully, very disappointed. Not because I dislike the show, but because I don't think I will be a good father to Minkyung.”

Kyuhyun was up next and his question was: How did you feel when you said, “idiot,” in front of Minkyung? Kyu covered his mouth with his right hand and looked away from the camera in embarrassment. When he turned back to face the camera, he answered, “I'm feeling really guilty about that. It was an accident, really. I hope that Minkyung doesn't copy what I said.”

It was finally my turn. I took a seat on the wooden stool provided and let my eyes wander as the director wrote down the next question. Something caught my eye – why is it that Soomi-sshi is not wearing a ring on her left hand? I think I'll have to ask her about that soon; my curiosity right now is on overdrive. Could it be that she had Minkyung... by accident? Aigo, what am I thinking. I snapped out of my train of thought and focused on the question I was being asked: What were your first impressions of Minkyung?

He's very, very cute. I'm relieved that he's very easy to get along with and his smile really makes everyone else want to smile with him.” I said as I faced the camera and spoke, taking occasional glances at the floor below me. The director gave the okay sign that I was finished. With that, I rushed over to Minkyung's mom.


“Hello, I'm Super Junior's Eunhyuk. This may be a weird question to ask, but it's been bugging me this whole time.” I looked at her sheepishly in the eyes. Argh, why do I get so soft when I talk to women?!

Oh, hi there. What is it?” She looked at me indifferently and Minkyung batted his pretty eyes at me with a smile.
 

Well... I was wondering, where's Minkyung's real appa? You don't have to answer if you don't want to...” I asked with a strong voice at first, but it eventually weakened as I continued my sentence. Her hands slid over Minkyung's ears just before she gave her reply.

He's dead.”

...
 

Wait a second. Did she just say that Minkyung's dad was... dead? What? WHAT?!!


 

████████████████████████████

 

author notes.

introducing... Han Soomi and Han Minkyung! haha, if you guys still can't imagine their appearances, take a look at the poster! :3

as you can see, i added in some serious parts in this chapter. but no worries, the humour will still remain in almost ALL chapters!^^

please anticipate the next chapter! once again, comments/questions/criticisms/words of encouragement are strongly welcome!

btw, for those of you who don't know who Luffy is or what One Piece is, go search it up on Google. the main character, Luffy, also has a gummy smile like Eunhyuk! teehee

listening to: 幸福微甜 Love is Sweet – Super Junior-M
☆ eating: -
☆ feeling: satisfied

 

march 14, 2O11 ★ o r a n g e z z a n g __ !