█ chapter O6 – webcam with super junior

★ Super Junior Hello Baby! ★

chapter O6 – webcam with super junior

chapter track – rokuko by super junior trot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnE_SD8vry0&feature=more_related

 

████████████████████████████

 

=== RYEOWOOK'S P.O.V ===

 

Ever since our first filming of Hello Baby, I've always been hearing roars of laughter coming from Sungmin hyung's room each night. He's been acting pretty strange lately. The moment he gets back to the dorm from schedules, he always hops right over to his laptop and does whatever he does. I looked at my watch after carefully putting away the dishes from dinner and Yesung did the same. We exchanged similar glances. Yup, the laughing should start pretty soon.

 

And we were right. Considering how Sungmin hyung's room is just next to the kitchen (which he absolutely LOVES), the two of us could hear some noise. It started out with a couple of loud chuckles, then a crazy “BWOH!” sound, and then for the finale, we heard lots of crashes. It sounded like a zoo just invaded his room... and apparently, a swarm of pigs entered too with the sound of snorts escaping his walls.

 

I know you're thinking what I'm thinking.” Yesung muttered as he wiped his wet hands with a towel and put his apron away. He smiled mischievously and I did the same. Tonight, we WILL find out just what he's laughing at! That's our mission!

 

Like professional ninjas, we trotted through the dorm hallways. Yes, yes, I understand it's a little silly to be acting like this even though we're in our 20's and because Sungmin hyung's door is just a couple metres away, but who cares? It's fun! The other members, who were all in their rooms, didn't seem to notice Yesung hyung and I 'cause we're just that good. Yesung hyung knocked on Minnie's door.

 

Moments later, Minnie opened the door with tears and an unending smile on his face. “Hey... what's up? Why are you crying?” I asked in a concerned tone. He brushed his tears away with his finger tips and motioned for the two of us to come in. He immediately pointed to his computer screen that showed Soomi-sshi and... a little elephant? Omo! It's Minkyung!

 

Sungmin hyung walked to the computer and typed, 'One sec, I'll be back~! <3' then turned off his microphone and webcam. Did he? Oh, he just did. HE JUST SIGNED WITH A HEART!

 

Um, hyung... what is this?” I asked hesitantly, pointing my thumb at his computer. Alright, it's clear that Soomi-sshi has no husband right now, but hyung! She was married already! She already had a kid! Do you really think she's up with hooking up with anyone after losing her true love? And plus, you're a celebrity with a huge fanbase full of girls! Flirting like this is not safe for your career. I stared at him, anxious for his response.

 

No, no, no, no, no! Don't get the wrong idea! Soomi and I are just really good friends! You should really change that odd impression of her. She isn't bad at all.” Minnie sat on his bed and clasped his hands together.

 

Yesung was standing there beside me, his expression explaining he was deep in thought. I eyed Sungmin sharply. “Friends? Since when?” I questioned.

 

Since that day we went to the park together. Anyways, I have to get back to them. Can't leave them waiting too long! You guys are free to join our little laughing session, by the way. Hae joins us, too, whenever he has no schedules and besides, our laughing sessions are the best!” Sungmin complimented then stood up and walked back towards his computer. I was left sitting there, dumbfounded. Um... could anyone tell me what just happened?

 

WAIT!” Yesung hyung suddenly yelled and the two of us froze before continuing. “Are you trying to get an advantage with Minkyung for episode two's filming?” Clever question, hyung. Real clever. I mentally gave him a thumbs up.

 

No. I told you, it's because Soomi and I are good friends. We're just chatting with each other. And please don't shout!” He fired back sternly. Minnie had a point; Yesung can get... rather loud like Kangin hyung. Maybe even louder. But even so, Yesung hyung needs to calm down.

 

Soomi? Do you like her?” Yesunggie crossed his arms in disbelief that the two already grew so close and leaned against the wall. Unlike before, Minnie hesitated. “Well?” He asked, demanding an answer. We, as in Super Junior, all knew the importance of being cautious to having relationships. And with our career reaching a peak right now with our 5th album, we had to be more careful than ever.

 

Sungmin sighed in defeat. “... Only a little, okay? I know you guys have good intentions, but trust me. I know what I'm doing. Believe me.” He pleaded, his voice getting all soft. Hyung and I exchanged glances and nodded.

 

Okay, fine. We'll believe you. But you have to tell us whenever you webcam with Soomi-sshi and Minkyung. Both of us actually came here because we were super curious why you were in such a good mood over the past few days. It's... creepy.” Yesung shivered, sitting down on the bed beside me. I laughed at his remark. Well said, hyung. Well said.

 

Sungmin hyung laughed and his webcam and microphone, waving at the monitor to get a response from Minkyung and Soomi-sshi. “Of course! You'll see why I've been that way very soon.”

 

Sungmin appa~! Annyeong!” Minkyung greeted enthusiastically. His cute little face was taking up the whole screen because he was so close to the webcam and his chubby fingers were softly cupping his mochi-like cheeks. He sort of looks like Henry right now, except his eyes are much bigger and rounder. I giggled at the sight. Don't get the wrong idea, though! I don't giggle at Henry! I am NOT gay! Hmph.

 

Hello Minkyung-ah~!” Sungmin hyung smiled brightly at his webcam and the two of us followed in his suit. “Do you remember these appas?” He asked, using a hand movement pointed towards the two of us as if he was one of those people that introduce new products on TV.

 

Yes~! T-that's Yesung appa.” Minkyung replied slowly, poking the new faces on his monitor. Yesung grinned in an accomplished fashion and suddenly, his confidence that he could become the 'best appa' just rose by a million ranks. But... but... how about me?

 

Minkyung-ah! Do you remember my name?” I asked, my voice a little shaky because I was worried that he actually forgot me. I forced a smile in hope that my worry would not come true.

 

Ani. (No.)” He replied quickly and coldly, playing with his fingers instead of gazing at the webcam as he did before. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! I CLEANED UP HIS COOKIE CRUMBS AND EVEN SANG THE THREE BEARS SONG TO HIM! Minkyung seemed uninterested and ouch. That hurt. And my hyungs... they don't even help me. Sungmin hyung was just laughing at the corner of his room, his hands covering his face while his shoulders shrugged up and down in laughter. And Yesung hyung... he was doing that scary face he did while we were filming EHB. Where his eyeballs would turn backwards and he would start grinning. I... I felt betrayed.

Appa, a-are you okie d-dokie? S-sorry...” Minkyung's voice turned softer as he said each word. His lips formed a pout and his blue orbs began to water as he looked straight at the camera. Minkyung probably isn't even aware that his aegyo can make almost everyone do as he pleases. Awh, what the heck! Of course I'd forgive him. Who wouldn't? I nodded in reply and he smiled in relief. Sungmin hyung walked back to his seat beside me on the bed and Yesung hyung redeemed his composure.

 

Minkyung! Time to eat!” A voice yelled from the background. Minkyung's head moved away from the webcam, allowing the three of us to have a glance of the background. From the looks of it, it seemed like a bedroom. A slightly messy closet full of clothes could be seen behind the queen sized bed that sat on the floor in front of it. There wasn't anything special; the walls were painted white and her bed covers, assuming it's Soomi-sshi's room, were coloured a citrus orange. Speaking of her, Soomi-sshi walked in wearing a pink, frilly apron. Woah, didn't know she was that girly. I thought she was more of a punk-rock fashion loving kind of girl.

 

No!! I want to stay here and talk with my appas!!” Minkyung whined, crossing his arms and finishing off with a huff. She waved hello at the webcam, noticing that there was three of us instead of just one.

 

Fine, you stubborn boy!” She said jokingly as she smiled a closed smile. “I'll bring the food over so wait a little, okay?” Moments later, she re-entered the room with vegetable soup with finely cut pieces of chicken and orange juice. Minkyung's facial expression brightened at the sight. While Soomi-sshi took the time to prepare Minkyung for eating, I took the chance to ask Minnie some typical Ryeowook questions.

 

So, is laughing all you guys really do?”

 

Sungmin thought about the question before replying and Yesung hyung listened in silence, giggling occasionally as he watched Minkyung jump on and down in his seat. “Hmm... not really. We sometimes have intellectual, serious conversations when Minkyung's fast asleep and just talk about life in general.”

 

I nodded slowly as he spoke. At least we know that Soomi-sshi wasn't only a clown who's speciality was to laugh and crack jokes. I continued asking him questions like what time they usually have video calls and the topics that they chatted about before.

 

We had would you rather question discussions and cracked some really hilarious jokes about some people. Light hearted conversations in general. They're both really good at impressions, especiall----” Sungmin explained, careful to not sound to excited about talking about the two, when he got cut off by a loud blow coming from the other line.

 

YUCK! W-what is this stuff?!!!” Minkyung yelled as he tried to empty his tongue from the taste of the broccoli. On the other hand, Soomi-sshi was splattered with the soup that was recently in Minkyunggie's mouth. Her eyes were closed shut and her face wore the most disgusted look ever.

 

I busted out into a laughing attack and my hyungs followed suit after seeing me literally cry of laughter. Oh my goodness, her disgusted face plus Minkyung's angered expression... priceless. Rude, I know, but I think anyone else would've done the same as I did. Meanwhile, Soomi-sshi opened her eyes slightly and glared at the camera. I winced at her angry daze, but continued laughing nevertheless.

 

Erm... Minkyung-ah, tell us what you did today.” I asked, changing the topic. In response, Minkyung scratched his head cutely, pretending nothing even happened and wore a thinking expression. In the mean time, Soomi-sshi cleaned herself up with the napkins she brought for Minkyung.

 

T-today, me and Soo-umma went to th-the park but... it wa-wasn't as fun when w-we went the first time...” He explained using hand motions like his mom. I chuckled at his unintentional aegyo and smiled at him.

 

Yah, don't you think he's kind of like Siwon hyung? Y'know, with the hand motions and all?” Yesung asked. Sungmin and I thought about it for a while as Minkyung scarfed down his chicken pieces. I was left in a daze as I watched Soomi-sshi act completely motherly at the moment. She was doing that thing where she pretended the spoon was a chu-chu train and was wiping Minkyung's mouth every time he made a mess. It was a very pleasant sight.

 

Wookieee~ Ryeowook! Wookie wook wook! Hello? You there?” Sungmin asked, waving his hand in front of mine. I snapped out of my train of thoughts with a small jump, earning some laughs from my hyungs and the other two across the screen.

 

Huh? Yeah... yeah, he does. He's also kind of like Henry with his chubby cheeks and all.” I added. Sheesh, what's up with me? My hyungs agreed with my statement completely. Before I even realized it, Minkyung was already done eating and was brushing his teeth in front of the camera. His baby face was close to the webcam again, and Soomi-sshi was no where to be found. Maybe she's washing the dishes? Gosh, why do I even wonder?

 

Yesung hyung, Sungmin hyung, and I were all laughing to ourselves as we watched Minkyung focus his life and soul on brushing his teeth. His eyes were open wide and alert as he brushed thoroughly and there were times when he just stared straight at the webcam. It's like... he was harvesting our souls through the webcam. I give in. This child is just so... so cute! I want to pinch his cheeks and tickle him and blow on his tummy so he would do his cute little squeals! As weird as that may have sounded, believe me. You'd think the same if you were in my position!

 

In a jiffy, Minkyung jumped off the chair and sprinted towards the bathroom, running back to the seat in front of the computer in seconds. Hehehe, he must like us a lot.

 

Okay, well, I'm feeling a little tired now. So I'm going to sleep. Bye bye Minkyung! Remember my name, okay? It's Yes--” Yesung announced tiredly but with affection, however he got cut off by Minkyung's plead.

 

Yesung appa! Wait!! M-my appas are sing-singers, r-right? Can you s-sing me a song? Pwease?” Minkyung manipulated us with puppy dog eyes and a pout. Who could say no? I laughed at how Yesunggie practically melted the moment our son called his name.

 

I looked at the other guys and we quietly mumbled about what song we should sing. In the end, we decided to sing a slowed, ballad version of All My Heart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7hnf-IcNg). Sungmin hyung grabbed his guitar and started strumming the chords as accompaniment, Minkyung's eyes twinkling brightly as we started to sing. The three of us were careful not to sing too loud as the other members might be sleeping. With the exception of Kyu who's probably playing Starcraft or something in his room like usual.

 

I saw Soomi-sshi enter the bedroom and sit on her bed as we sang. Minkyung shot us the brightest smile we've ever seen and he applauded the three of us crazily when we finished. Soomi-sshi clapped as well and gave us two thumbs up, causing my smile to grow wider.

 

Minkyung-ah, what do you say?” Our son's mom asked in a soft, expectant tone.

 

THANK YOU APPA!” Minkyung yelled, hugging the monitor. We all giggled at another one of his cute gestures before being struck with another quack by the cute ducky. “I-I have to suweep (A/N: his way of saying 'sleep') now. N-nighty night appa...” Minkyung muttered as he yawned, grabbing his Pororo plush before he drowsily tucked himself in the room's bed. Aww, that's adorable! He walks like a baby duck when he's sleepy! Soomi-sshi casually took Minkyung's place in front of the computer.

 

Thanks Sungmin, Ryeowook-sshi, Yesung-sshi. You guys have really beautiful voices.” She complimented, gently resting her face on her left hand.

 

Ah... thank you.” The three of us said in unison. Even though lots of people complimented our singing in the past, we still feel flattered when someone says good things about us.

 

Um, Soomi-sshi... is it alright if Wookie and I stop calling you with formalities? This guy here told us a lot of good things about you, so is it alright if we become friends?” Yesunggie asked in a friendly tone, pointing at Sungmin hyung when he said 'this guy here'. Minnie blushed in embarrassment.

 

Really?” Her eyes flickered and she blinked several times. “I'd love to be buddies!” She flashed a very warm smile at us and we did the same in return. Yay for new friends! Soomi continued, “Anyways, I'd love to chat some more, but I'm really exhausted at this moment. Minkyung's such a big ball of energy, it's tiring to keep up with him sometimes.”

 

No, no, that's completely okay with us. We're feeling tired too with all our schedules.” Minnie responded in understanding. On the other hand, our dorky hyung (Yesung) was already starting to doze off. Oh no, we better hurry. Yesung hyung's a really heavy sleeper... and he's a little heavy too. There's no way I want to carry him to his room!! No way in hell will I allow that to happen! I regained my composure and made it my goal to conclude our conversation.

 

You've done really well taking care of Minkyung,” I complimented kindly and she smiled faintly upon receiving the compliment. “We'll see you tomorrow! Bye, my new chingu (friend)!” I grinned at the webcam and we waved goodbye to each other before Sungmin hyung turned off the webcam.

 

Well, that was pretty nice, don't you think?” Minnie muttered quietly, yawning after his sentence. Yesung, who was on the verge of falling asleep, gave a thumbs up in response and walked back to his own room in silence. Me, on the other hand, smiled faintly at my hyung who was enjoying the comfort of his bed before exiting Minnie's room.

 

Yeah, it sure was.”

 

████████████████████████████
 

author notes.

Hurray for subtle romance! Isn't Minkyung just adorable?

Filming episode 2 of Hello Baby next chapter! Will Heechul finally warm up to Minkyung? We shall see! Kekekeke :3

QUESTIONS/INPUT YOUR SUGGESTION!:

- Which SuJu member would you like to see more of in this fic?

- I'm in need of a nickname for him, so if you have any ideas for our cute little ducky, be sure to comment with your idea!

listening to: Ready or Not – SHINee
☆ eating: -
☆ feeling: content

 

april 24, 2O11 ★ o r a n g e z z a n g __ !